SOTD: Saturday 8 July - Friday 14 July 2023.

SOTD: 8th July 2023.

1.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Goodfellas' Smile Abysso Shaving Soap.
Razor: Parker 87R.- Personna Comfort Coated. (D1)
Razor: Parker InjRzr. (Head/Dome) (Settings) 4-wtg. 4-xtg/atg.+pick-ups. - Personna Injector PTFE. (D3)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./ Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Goodfellas' Smile Abysso ASL./ Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

Greetings,

Parker Razor focus month.

Another new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend...

I can't recall the last time that i added the Personna Comfort Coated to my blade rotation. I had all intentions of returning to the Dorco Prime platinum but changed my mind at the last minute and used the Personna instead which I find equally as smooth & efficient as the Dorco Prime platinum and have paired together with each razor that I have used them with.

Carrying on with the Parker 87R which is a nicely balanced razor and always provides a comfortable close shave.

Third outing of the Goodfellas' Smile Abysso Shaving Soap & ASL duo which provided me with another exceptional shave the lathering performance of the shaving soap is superb providing a great slick protective wonderfully scented lather in a short space of time. The matching ASL finished the shave off excellently.

Another close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth cool and smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SotD-08/07/23.

Morning Folks much needed scrape as been busy all week.

Pre: - Warm Shower/ Steamed Towel
Razor: - iKon ShaveCraft 'P2B' Dual Comb Polished S.S.
Blade: - Super Shave X Platinum (New)
Brush: - Grizzly Bay 'Gulf' V18 Fanchurian (26mm)
S&S: - Southern Witchcrafts 'Labyrinth'
EdT: - Davidoff Cool Water

Happy Shaves To All & Enjoy your Weekend .

20230707_110706.jpg20230707_110951.jpg20230707_110835.jpg

SOTD 20230708.
0dttuhb.jpg

Noxzema "Classic" pre-shave cream.
Semogue SOC.
Alexander Simpson "Lime Ultra-Glide" shaving cream.
Vintage 7 O'Clock NEW / Stork Ti "Falcon" handle.
Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp Stainless (3).
Alexander Simpson "Lime" ASB.

08/07/23
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo 26mm Silvertip
Soap - Faena Dorica
Razor - Lambda Athena
Blade - Bic Astor (Ελ.)
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green
Wk 28 (1).jpg
Very nice, the 26mm silver tip whipping up colossal amounts of the good stuff, as it is a large brush i could not load from the tub and added a bit too much to the bowl. Ah well, its not like i am going to run out of soap in the next 10 years.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Saturday 8 July

It seems that the Proshave S blade has the Marmite effect on users judging by comments after my post yesterday. Being obstinate I decided to give the Proshave another whirl :eek:
Today the Yaqui Excalibur and I’m not sure if I’m pleased or disappointed with the result. These AC razors work like shavettes but look like a normal safety razor. Consequently the shaving action, particularly with the Proshave blade, needs to be more shavette than SR. Short strokes work much better than long sweeps. Consequently when the penny dropped I completed a very fine shave with minimum fuss. That’s the positive but on the negative my face did react to the alum block leaving a sharp tingling sensation. However, an hour later and my face feels super smooth and ready for some after shave splash.
Soap used Tabac (I discarded the underwhelming Marlborough soap in favour of Tabac)
Brush old cheap tin synthetic traveller.
Have a great weekend fellas!

IMG_0169.jpeg

Out with my father in law later for a few drinks with his regimental association.

As they're all old farts, I thought Tabac may take a few of them back! Sure I'll be kenning to some lamp shade swinging stories as we all pull up a sandbag!

Needed to add lots more water during pass 1. Dunno if that's the mix of soaps I have incorporated into this stick - I grafted some tallow Tabac into the centre of the stick so I get some tallow in with the new formulation.

Anyhow, I am super happy work the results. BBS and ready to get out on it later!

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Attachments

• 20230708_140736.jpg
    20230708_140736.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 5
SOTD 08-Jul
20230707_183836.jpg
Brush: Muhle Badger
Soap: B&M Fougere Angelique
Razor: Henkotsu Kamisori

Decent enough shave this morning, I still haven't managed to put a good enough edge on this but the efforts will continue, because...well why not!

At the very least I'm getting a little more confident with the movement over the face with this in hand, for whatever reason this thing instills a little fear where the straights do not lol.

Hope everyone's had a good day!

Cheers

Narc

SOTD (Head & Face)

Face - Yaqi Sentinel (1.35mm) on RR Bulldog handle, DG Chaotic Neutral (soap, splash & edt), Lord Platinum blade
Head - Leaf razor, Mitchell's Wool Fat, Treet Platinum saloon blades
Yaqi Lucky Dice brush
Nivea Pro Sensitive Ultra Calming Balm
HoM Permafrost synthetic coolant

First outing for the Yaqi Sentinel head, got some blade feel no doubt about it and an intimidating blade gap but actually pretty smooth and plenty efficient...looks like a keeper .

1000005303.jpg

Back
Top Bottom