SOTD: Saturday 8 July - Friday 14 July 2023.

Welcome you fantastic forum folk. I am sure you have noticed but I have been somewhat absent from the SOTD section over the past three weeks or so, but probably not quite for the reasons you may think. Okay I did spend two weeks working and for the best part of the last week, no internet. Which to be honest was a bit of a blessing in disguise.

However it was mainly due to having a complete mental breakdown. Having a mental issue was a bit of a new one for me and spent time in some kind of wilderness where I didn't understand some sides of life. I eventually opened up to my wife (perhaps telling her I wanted to leave with no particular reasoning went some way to saying I had issues) and she has really helped get my thinking back to where I should be. So I have spent the week or so in a form of mental rehab. So happy to say I appear to be somewhat more me and slowly but surely returning to a sense of normality.

Oddly I still managed to maintain being a Captain with no issues. Except when I went to bed and my mind went in to overdrive.

Not to say I wasn't shaving because I was, and taking a pretty picture in to the bargain, but that was as far as it went and I couldn't be arsed posting anything.

But here I am posting again after a bit of a hiatus and ready to probably write more of my usual shite. And to celebrate what went on in my head I theme this shave, 'Where is my mind?'

The first couple of pictures were from my shaves this past weekend at my brother's caravan in North Wales. A new for me experience, a box pretending to being a house on wheels. Closing doors to open doors and trying to climb in to a bed which by all means was the same size as the room all proved strange to me. Making the sheets in the morning was perhaps more challenging than trying to refocus my head.

View attachment 108635

View attachment 108636

Still the Mongoose managed to make me smile no end. If you can't find comfort in a bed at least I could find solstice in having some happy face time. What a God. And there was always Brian's fine chemicals from Bolton to aid the pleasure and the Hive-2 to throw it all on my face. Brilliance all the way

View attachment 108637

Back in to big room living and time to dig the Ikon out. New Polsilver Lodz and away I went. Team lather being provided by Gile's super smashing big boy and the Abbate Y Mantia Krokos, what could ever go wrong? Nothing. Just a wonderfully smooth and totally satisfying result.

View attachment 108675

And finally on to this evening. And now for something completely different and a reach for the Enoch. New blade and sharp bit of choice being a Schick Proline.

Now usually I can throw his baby all over the place at a rapid pace and the results are stunning. However first stroke and something didn't feel quite right and there was a feeling a lot of blade was on display as if these Schicks had grown a couple of millimetres. 'Ah new SE blade syndrome' so just take it easy.

Still felt something was wrong and far too many weepers appearing. Take the razor apart and the fucker had slipped forward. I always did say the Enoch had an horrendous securing arrangement and this went a long way of saying 'Yes it's shite'. Put it all back together and start again. Ah, bliss and more the Enoch I know. Still played it cautious though and end results were simply, not good. Calling Dr Styptic, calling Dr Styptic. Between the styptic pencil and copious quantities of toilet tissue I was starting to look like the Poop paper monster from out of space.
Thank God for L'Occitane Cade balm to help cool things down.

Better luck tomorrow my man, better luck tomorrow

'Now get shaving and writing your SOTD's you useless bastard!'

With all my issues of recent I really must apologise for denying you all of some quality Japanese ladies. So to make up for their lack of it is only for your own good mental health I finish with those Beavers from Otoboke

One thing I never lost though was that love I have for you all. And I do, I love you all
Sorry to read this...I've been down that path myself a few times, if the truth be told most people have but won't admit it..We hide our feelings and emotions behind a smiling mask especially to the people who we love... Sometimes it takes a breakdown to give you a kick up the arse to have in return a welcoming breakthrough...Take care of yourself. Yours-Barry. (y)

SOTD: 13th July 2023.

4.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Arko Sensitive Shaving Cream.
Blade: Personna Comfort Coated. (D4)
Razor: Parker 87R.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Herbs of Bulgaria Lavender ASL./Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

A great inexpensive shave set up to finish my shaving week off wonderfully.

The Arko Sensitive Shaving Cream is wonderful, with a light lavender fragrance which last throughout the shave & leaves a excellent post shave feeling to the face.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Thursday 13th July
Yaqi AC - Schick Proline P #5 - Yaqi Sagrada Familia - Vitos Red Super - Superdrug Sierran Breeze - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20230709-114552-01.jpg

Thursday 13 July
An old favourite of mine today, Occams Enoch, which had got a bit lost in my razor collection so not used for quite a while. When I got the Asylum AC recently I thought the shape reminded me of a razor I already had. Couldn’t lay hands on it until last night, hence gave it a go today. It didn’t disappoint and neither did the Proshave S, 2 passes and pick ups resulted in bbs finish.
RazoRock Stallion and soft synthetic brush delivered smoothly scented lather, shave heaven.
Foto shows remarkable similarities between the two razors, even flared end to the handle. The Enoch perhaps a tad milder than the Asylum?
But I love them both!
Have a great day fellas!

IMG_0174.jpeg

13/07/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium V1 Synth
Soap - Signature Soap Valentia
Razor - Blutt BR1 - 0.86
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Signature Soap Valentia
Wk 28 (6).jpg
Another top drawer shave.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

@Boycie83
@Johnny Bravo
@BrianH
@Blademonkey
@chard52142
@donnie_arko
@mpf9ret
@Digimonkey
@NotTheStig

Many thanks to you all for your kind words and thoughts which certainly helped me piece myself back together. Not saying I am completely there yet and I do wonder if I ever will be, but I am in a better place. To those who sent me a PM, I will get back to you and again so grateful for your concerns.

You're a sterling bunch and what makes this place the best corner of the Internet.

Take care of yourself Chris, hope you’re feeling better soon.

Last edited:
DA0DFBFE-D76D-4AD2-B845-2A5C0187C9B8.jpeg

Simpson Chubby 1 Super
Schick Type L
Chinese Schick (2)
OSP Neroli
Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel
4711 a/s

Second use of the L with a single blade, and although the results where marginally better than 1st time round, it’s not a patch on the shave quality that a twin blade provides with this razor. Tuggy and too much buffing required for a satisfactory result. I hate to waste a blade, but it’s twins going forward with this razor now.

Enjoy yours gents.

13 July

TOBS St. James
Blackland Signature
Blackland Vector
Schick Proline
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

A5DA9EED-80DA-4948-B256-C495FEADC63B.jpeg
Slightly overloaded the brush this morning and consequently had sufficient rich lather for two or more shaves. Amid the mountains of lather the Vector carried out an efficient two pass shave. A splash of Floïd and job done.

IMG_1974.jpg

I was excited to use my new Fresher soap from Stirling. It has a nice 'fresh green' air to it, and I thought the Pino would pair well with it. The software part of the shave was fabulous.

I took a chance and put a new Shark Chrome blade into my Maggard Slant. I purchased that razor around Christmas, and for the most part I have it sorted, but the SC threw me curveball. The shave started very pleasantly, which may have been my downfall. It was going so well that I may have grown careless. When the shave was completed I noticed a cluster of weepers on my lower neck. I think my last pass may have been the culprit.

That said it was a very close shave. I never even felt the bite, and the bleeding was minuscule. So I'm not discouraged. The Shark Chrome seemed much smoother than the Platinum I had used earlier in the week.

Last edited:
SOTD 13-Jul
20230712_113549.jpg
Brush: Simpsons - Wee Scot
Soap: Hampshire Wool Fat - Original
Razor: Lambda Athena
Blade: Wizamet

Very nice shave today, the theme for the day being hippy dippy, so had to hit either patchouli or incense. So out comes the hampshire original, hadn't actually tried this before today but it was bloomin good. Might actually consider the other flavours!

Hope everyone has had a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Thu 13
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush Yaqi 24mm Green Mink
Razor RazoRock GC.84-P
Blade JAWS Platinum 2nd
Really nice soap and matching splash. Beautiful lather...
A superb combination of this razor and blade. 3 smooth & crisp passes for a bbs-dfs finish. Somehow my local JAWS is friendlier compared to foreign Sharks... :LOL::LOL::LOL:
20230713_124322.jpg

Monday 10th July

AIL4fc8POwi2jiS9l1D3_4REzlNNLlDihZoZoQnFyT1GUnmOVe2539LGG813jFEbB7fkuC1vg5hdEvGRThWRAnKB9p4_wCFug7b4ahmM0DUiCrjwcGo9X9ad9m_xXKFYAgjgDT0Ib6FbMLtQspLFAJw2Eg0mlQ=w800

Haslinger Honig Shaving Soap & Razorock 400 Butterscotch Plissoft Noir 24mm
Muhle Rocca Birch & Statum Platinum Chrome (1)
Pincaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Holy propolis, Batman! That, and by 'eck, those Statums are mighty good!

Pensive. Within the hour previous, I received news that my best friend had died. I'm still processing but it is welcome to have a routine like an evening shave to move the clock along.
Condolences, sir. Awful…

Back
Top Bottom