SOTD: Saturday 8 July - Friday 14 July 2023.

A&E Spartacus
PAA Phantom aerolite 26mm
Mongoose B2 Hempel titanium barberpole
Kai Titan mild #7
Fine Platinum AS

Head and face shave, used a Headblade razor on my noggin then the Mongoose on my kipper. Now got the ring of death on the puck but still a score or more shaves left, the soap and aftershave are flankers for Creeds Aventus with pineapple and sunscreen accords.

Welcome you fantastic forum folk. I am sure you have noticed but I have been somewhat absent from the SOTD section over the past three weeks or so, but probably not quite for the reasons you may think. Okay I did spend two weeks working and for the best part of the last week, no internet. Which to be honest was a bit of a blessing in disguise.

However it was mainly due to having a complete mental breakdown. Having a mental issue was a bit of a new one for me and spent time in some kind of wilderness where I didn't understand some sides of life. I eventually opened up to my wife (perhaps telling her I wanted to leave with no particular reasoning went some way to saying I had issues) and she has really helped get my thinking back to where I should be. So I have spent the week or so in a form of mental rehab. So happy to say I appear to be somewhat more me and slowly but surely returning to a sense of normality.

Oddly I still managed to maintain being a Captain with no issues. Except when I went to bed and my mind went in to overdrive.

Not to say I wasn't shaving because I was, and taking a pretty picture in to the bargain, but that was as far as it went and I couldn't be arsed posting anything.

But here I am posting again after a bit of a hiatus and ready to probably write more of my usual shite. And to celebrate what went on in my head I theme this shave, 'Where is my mind?'

The first couple of pictures were from my shaves this past weekend at my brother's caravan in North Wales. A new for me experience, a box pretending to being a house on wheels. Closing doors to open doors and trying to climb in to a bed which by all means was the same size as the room all proved strange to me. Making the sheets in the morning was perhaps more challenging than trying to refocus my head.

View attachment 108635

View attachment 108636

Still the Mongoose managed to make me smile no end. If you can't find comfort in a bed at least I could find solstice in having some happy face time. What a God. And there was always Brian's fine chemicals from Bolton to aid the pleasure and the Hive-2 to throw it all on my face. Brilliance all the way

View attachment 108637

Back in to big room living and time to dig the Ikon out. New Polsilver Lodz and away I went. Team lather being provided by Gile's super smashing big boy and the Abbate Y Mantia Krokos, what could ever go wrong? Nothing. Just a wonderfully smooth and totally satisfying result.

View attachment 108675

And finally on to this evening. And now for something completely different and a reach for the Enoch. New blade and sharp bit of choice being a Schick Proline.

Now usually I can throw his baby all over the place at a rapid pace and the results are stunning. However first stroke and something didn't feel quite right and there was a feeling a lot of blade was on display as if these Schicks had grown a couple of millimetres. 'Ah new SE blade syndrome' so just take it easy.

Still felt something was wrong and far too many weepers appearing. Take the razor apart and the fucker had slipped forward. I always did say the Enoch had an horrendous securing arrangement and this went a long way of saying 'Yes it's shite'. Put it all back together and start again. Ah, bliss and more the Enoch I know. Still played it cautious though and end results were simply, not good. Calling Dr Styptic, calling Dr Styptic. Between the styptic pencil and copious quantities of toilet tissue I was starting to look like the Poop paper monster from out of space.
Thank God for L'Occitane Cade balm to help cool things down.

Better luck tomorrow my man, better luck tomorrow

'Now get shaving and writing your SOTD's you useless bastard!'

With all my issues of recent I really must apologise for denying you all of some quality Japanese ladies. So to make up for their lack of it is only for your own good mental health I finish with those Beavers from Otoboke

One thing I never lost though was that love I have for you all. And I do, I love you all

I hope you can feel better :)

Gradually, with calm, tranquility and a good conversation, the mind is cleared of bad things.

Thursday 13th July

AIL4fc8JS8xaruaz-N8VnETaCMQMcJVI2CBwj3oo-ZLGiRlxLH6mpH14M0YWWWE1BFJB8RDHmEUqHxZ3UavM1Qjsk3_PBI6Bh_zJwlQYg7vj9HXp8DOiK_VLP_thpiw--NEmMUdqGpAxgEbvbvpecMJSHD14sg=w665-h665-s-no

Haslinger Honig Shaving Soap & Razorock 400 Limited Edition Plissoft Noir 24mm
Muhle Rocca Stainless & Statum Platinum Chrome (4)
Pinaud Clubman Musk Aftershave Cologne

Been a long time since I've used this blade. Can't recall where I got it. Not a bad shave but a bit patchy.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Mk. I Adjustable 195 'Fatboy' (1960)
Blade: Vikings Sword Super
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Nanny's Moroccan Sands (cream)
Additional Care:
Nivea Post-shave Balm https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/64b051847561cd6e4045f43a

IMG_2129.jpeg
SOTD: 13/07/2023

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur
Blade: Schick Proline P-30, 7th use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Hampshire Wool Fat No. 1 Puck
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm
Fragrance: Lattafa Suqraat EdP

Seemed to be a cheap and cheerful shave today by chance, and none the less for it. The mighty mini Sagrada Familia lathered up the Hampshire wool fat up a treat, and the Suqraat is a great Aqua di Gio Profumo dupe. A great shave from start to finish. Have a great day guys.

And by popular demand I have refocused myself back to doing what appears to be one thing I am good at, writing shit and being shit. In essence, a brief history of my life.

And without further ado I am happy to present you with Wednesday evening's shaving effort which has been awarded the theme, 'The art of falling apart'

20230712_202800.jpg

A dark track from an album I place in my top 10 of all time greats. Shuffled down one position because Otoboke beaver came in to existence.

Art of razormanship - Muhle R89
Artistic blade - Polsilver Lodz
Brush strokes - PAA Pelegrino
Vinegar strokes - Signature Soaps Londinium
A balmy finish - L'Occitane Cade
Falling apart - Me

'When he said strait and narrow I didn't sign up for this'

So this was it, a return to a world of normality and a world of the usual drivel. You will regret sending me your kindest words of encouragement and wish I'd just been locked up as a quick fix. But, I am back and by all means having managed to make this shave it appears my head is still in the same place. It is either that or I am reporting on the best shaved arse this side of Debbie does Dallas.

After the blood fest of Tuesday evening I am not sure my face was ready for being physically assaulted by something too aggressive other than Mrs Satanfriendly. Roll out the R89 with its mild approach and it does what it says on the tin cardboard box mannerism.

Slap on some of that almost God like soap the Londinium using the happy slappy Pelegrino. I say 'almost' as the Condate is working its way up the soap wanks ranks and only beaten by the fact the Londinium comes in a proper tin with a home made feel label whereas the Condate arrives in an oversized petri dish. Both pretty damn fine though and both share Bolton as their place of birth. I am originally from an illuminated cemetery named Goole so I have to tread carefully here.

Spend 5 minutes lathering and 5 minutes removing it. No wonder I can find life tasking at times. But still, beautifully removed and thank God it managed to remove some excess facial hair at the same time. Or was it my backside I'd just shaved? Who cares as it all felt nice and smooth. I just hope it was my face as ending by saying 'I then rubbed some cream on my buttocks' probably sounds a bit odd. But I did anyway.

And I wrap up this evening's proceedings with a video starring a man with a well shaven smooth bottom curtesy of TsuShiMaMiRe. I love you all

SOTD 14-Jul
20230713_174522.jpg
Brush: Highlander M7
Soap: SSC MITA
Razor: Karve CB G Plate
Blade: Wizamet

Cracking shave today, 'Frigid Friday' so one of my two mentholated soaps come out. I'm a wuss when it comes to menthol, this is just about my comfortable limit. Additional challenge for the day was up go straight to ATG...eek. Decided to plump for a decent sized gap so jumped to the G plate. Worked surprisingly well, not something I'd do on a regular occasion, but if time was a factor then it would be a consideration.

Smooth and chilly, hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Fri 14
Soap Catie's Bubbles Irish Coffee
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor John-Bert Cutlery Rattler
Aftershave Clubman Whiskey Woods
Love this soap & splash combo for the aromatic scent and the nice brush whip up a creamy and slick lather!
Missed using a straight for 11 days and today's shave with this excellent razor felt so good! The razor's edge is still original from the seller and it was perfectly smooth, comfortable, and efficient. Stropped on the Kanayama, and enjoyed 3 passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230714_172434.jpg

Back
Top Bottom