SOTD: Saturday 8 July - Friday 14 July 2023.

Tonight's SOTD
Noxzema pre shave crema
Signature Soaps Wicstun
Muhle Rocca R94
A fresh NOS GSB
Yaqi Mokka Express 24mm
Thayer's WH Aloe Vera
La Roche Posay B5 balm
Signature Soaps Novus Spice AS splash.
Another stunning shave with the SS Wicstun and a fresh GSB. The soap, blade and Razor were all top tier.
IMG_20230711_185818.jpg

Monday 10th July

AIL4fc8POwi2jiS9l1D3_4REzlNNLlDihZoZoQnFyT1GUnmOVe2539LGG813jFEbB7fkuC1vg5hdEvGRThWRAnKB9p4_wCFug7b4ahmM0DUiCrjwcGo9X9ad9m_xXKFYAgjgDT0Ib6FbMLtQspLFAJw2Eg0mlQ=w800

Haslinger Honig Shaving Soap & Razorock 400 Butterscotch Plissoft Noir 24mm
Muhle Rocca Birch & Statum Platinum Chrome (1)
Pincaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Holy propolis, Batman! That, and by 'eck, those Statums are mighty good!

Pensive. Within the hour previous, I received news that my best friend had died. I'm still processing but it is welcome to have a routine like an evening shave to move the clock along.
My condolences!

Gillette Rocket HD500 :: Treet Platinum blade (2) :: Omega 10066 boar brush :: Speick cream and splash
IMG_20230711_200033.jpg
A comfortable shave. My second go with this Gillette razor, and I like it: not too mild (actually I went a little too hard and ended up with 2 little weepers), only a little sting and a little bit of irritation afterwards (my usual, although i am getting better with time and practice). I also like the Speick scent, a bit 'medicinal'. The cream performed well.

Brush-omega boar.
Soap- cyril slater solid shaving soap.
Razor-English flat bottom fat handle tech.
Blade-feather.
Aftershave-4711.

This shave was more a test of the soap that was delivered today (as I am weak :))
The soap lathered very easily into a fantastically thick cushioning cream that resulted in 4 days of growth being easily mowed down.
Has an I think it is a lavender scent but is gone when it is rinsed off.
So the soap was a good purchase and if I did not have loads of soap would not hesitate to buy it again.

20230711_200232.jpg
My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm
Brush Highlander white synthetic brush.
Missing in the pic.
Soap Rougue
Razor Stainless Steel Mongoose.
Blade Proline
Aftershave Balm Nivea post shave balm.
Aftershave jean paul gaultier.

Well todays shave was a razor that must have surely belonged to Desperate Dan.
Iconic Desperate Dan Shaves Image.jpeg.jpg
It's a shave of firsts, new razor, new blade and new soap all never been tried by me before.
I told the wife I was off for a shower then shave and headed upstairs, 10 mins later she appears with 2 zip lock bags.
What are they for I ask? She promptly replies, your ears after you lob them off with that massive electric pylon for a razor!!!LWD_2629-70a_CMYK.jpg
Once Mrs Benny Hill finally left I proceeded to load the blade, I won't lie.
It's not easy the first time I clamped it but the blade kept wobbling , so I thought surely that's not right. After 6 attempts I finally got it locked and loaded.
The Rouge lathered fast and beautifully and provided an amazing cushion on my face.
Now to the Mongoose, I would read about people having a butter smooth shave and never really understood it until now. It felt amazing even with zero pressure applied, I just let the weight do the work.
BBS shave with glass finish accomplished, it was not a fast shave but I am sure as time goes on I will get better and faster with it.
If this is what it's like after the first shave then money very very well spent and can't wait until I am a pro.
Have an awesome evening all.

Welcome you fantastic forum folk. I am sure you have noticed but I have been somewhat absent from the SOTD section over the past three weeks or so, but probably not quite for the reasons you may think. Okay I did spend two weeks working and for the best part of the last week, no internet. Which to be honest was a bit of a blessing in disguise.

However it was mainly due to having a complete mental breakdown. Having a mental issue was a bit of a new one for me and spent time in some kind of wilderness where I didn't understand some sides of life. I eventually opened up to my wife (perhaps telling her I wanted to leave with no particular reasoning went some way to saying I had issues) and she has really helped get my thinking back to where I should be. So I have spent the week or so in a form of mental rehab. So happy to say I appear to be somewhat more me and slowly but surely returning to a sense of normality.

Oddly I still managed to maintain being a Captain with no issues. Except when I went to bed and my mind went in to overdrive.

Not to say I wasn't shaving because I was, and taking a pretty picture in to the bargain, but that was as far as it went and I couldn't be arsed posting anything.

But here I am posting again after a bit of a hiatus and ready to probably write more of my usual shite. And to celebrate what went on in my head I theme this shave, 'Where is my mind?'

The first couple of pictures were from my shaves this past weekend at my brother's caravan in North Wales. A new for me experience, a box pretending to being a house on wheels. Closing doors to open doors and trying to climb in to a bed which by all means was the same size as the room all proved strange to me. Making the sheets in the morning was perhaps more challenging than trying to refocus my head.

20230707_183500.jpg

20230708_200539.jpg

Still the Mongoose managed to make me smile no end. If you can't find comfort in a bed at least I could find solstice in having some happy face time. What a God. And there was always Brian's fine chemicals from Bolton to aid the pleasure and the Hive-2 to throw it all on my face. Brilliance all the way

20230709_190846.jpg

Back in to big room living and time to dig the Ikon out. New Polsilver Lodz and away I went. Team lather being provided by Gile's super smashing big boy and the Abbate Y Mantia Krokos, what could ever go wrong? Nothing. Just a wonderfully smooth and totally satisfying result.

20230711_192716.jpg

And finally on to this evening. And now for something completely different and a reach for the Enoch. New blade and sharp bit of choice being a Schick Proline.

Now usually I can throw his baby all over the place at a rapid pace and the results are stunning. However first stroke and something didn't feel quite right and there was a feeling a lot of blade was on display as if these Schicks had grown a couple of millimetres. 'Ah new SE blade syndrome' so just take it easy.

Still felt something was wrong and far too many weepers appearing. Take the razor apart and the fucker had slipped forward. I always did say the Enoch had an horrendous securing arrangement and this went a long way of saying 'Yes it's shite'. Put it all back together and start again. Ah, bliss and more the Enoch I know. Still played it cautious though and end results were simply, not good. Calling Dr Styptic, calling Dr Styptic. Between the styptic pencil and copious quantities of toilet tissue I was starting to look like the Poop paper monster from out of space.
Thank God for L'Occitane Cade balm to help cool things down.

Better luck tomorrow my man, better luck tomorrow

'Now get shaving and writing your SOTD's you useless bastard!'

With all my issues of recent I really must apologise for denying you all of some quality Japanese ladies. So to make up for their lack of it is only for your own good mental health I finish with those Beavers from Otoboke

One thing I never lost though was that love I have for you all. And I do, I love you all

SOTN (Head & Face)

Face - Yaqi Sentinel (1.35mm), Chicago Grooming Co Smoke on the Water (soap & splash), Rapira Platinum Lux
Head - Leaf razor, Mitchell's Wool Fat, Treet Platinum saloon blades
Yaqi Lucky Dice brush (tuxedo knot)
La Roche Posay B5 Balm

Beautiful shave with Sentinel this evening, three passes (xtg, atg & atg) and it practically melted three days growth leaving me bbs with next to no irritation at all .

1000005387.jpg

EFD0FAFB-2421-4B2C-B869-3FCACBA2FB2D.JPG

I had to hurry today with my shave, so I grabbed the Alba brushless shave 'stuff'. I moved the Shark Platinum over to my Yaqi Flipside and did a one-pass shave. An adequate shave was the result, but in no form or fashion was it satisfying. I just like making the lather too much. I don't think the Shark Plat and the mild Flipside pair well, but it's hard to judge fairly.

Welcome you fantastic forum folk. I am sure you have noticed but I have been somewhat absent from the SOTD section over the past three weeks or so, but probably not quite for the reasons you may think. Okay I did spend two weeks working and for the best part of the last week, no internet. Which to be honest was a bit of a blessing in disguise.

However it was mainly due to having a complete mental breakdown. Having a mental issue was a bit of a new one for me and spent time in some kind of wilderness where I didn't understand some sides of life. I eventually opened up to my wife (perhaps telling her I wanted to leave with no particular reasoning went some way to saying I had issues) and she has really helped get my thinking back to where I should be. So I have spent the week or so in a form of mental rehab. So happy to say I appear to be somewhat more me and slowly but surely returning to a sense of normality.

Oddly I still managed to maintain being a Captain with no issues. Except when I went to bed and my mind went in to overdrive.

Not to say I wasn't shaving because I was, and taking a pretty picture in to the bargain, but that was as far as it went and I couldn't be arsed posting anything.

But here I am posting again after a bit of a hiatus and ready to probably write more of my usual shite. And to celebrate what went on in my head I theme this shave, 'Where is my mind?'

The first couple of pictures were from my shaves this past weekend at my brother's caravan in North Wales. A new for me experience, a box pretending to being a house on wheels. Closing doors to open doors and trying to climb in to a bed which by all means was the same size as the room all proved strange to me. Making the sheets in the morning was perhaps more challenging than trying to refocus my head.

View attachment 108635

View attachment 108636

Still the Mongoose managed to make me smile no end. If you can't find comfort in a bed at least I could find solstice in having some happy face time. What a God. And there was always Brian's fine chemicals from Bolton to aid the pleasure and the Hive-2 to throw it all on my face. Brilliance all the way

View attachment 108637

Back in to big room living and time to dig the Ikon out. New Polsilver Lodz and away I went. Team lather being provided by Gile's super smashing big boy and the Abbate Y Mantia Krokos, what could ever go wrong? Nothing. Just a wonderfully smooth and totally satisfying result.

View attachment 108675

And finally on to this evening. And now for something completely different and a reach for the Enoch. New blade and sharp bit of choice being a Schick Proline.

Now usually I can throw his baby all over the place at a rapid pace and the results are stunning. However first stroke and something didn't feel quite right and there was a feeling a lot of blade was on display as if these Schicks had grown a couple of millimetres. 'Ah new SE blade syndrome' so just take it easy.

Still felt something was wrong and far too many weepers appearing. Take the razor apart and the fucker had slipped forward. I always did say the Enoch had an horrendous securing arrangement and this went a long way of saying 'Yes it's shite'. Put it all back together and start again. Ah, bliss and more the Enoch I know. Still played it cautious though and end results were simply, not good. Calling Dr Styptic, calling Dr Styptic. Between the styptic pencil and copious quantities of toilet tissue I was starting to look like the Poop paper monster from out of space.
Thank God for L'Occitane Cade balm to help cool things down.

Better luck tomorrow my man, better luck tomorrow

'Now get shaving and writing your SOTD's you useless bastard!'

With all my issues of recent I really must apologise for denying you all of some quality Japanese ladies. So to make up for their lack of it is only for your own good mental health I finish with those Beavers from Otoboke

One thing I never lost though was that love I have for you all. And I do, I love you all
Glad to hear you're working your way through it Chris. Always here if you want to talk or vent.

Back
Top Bottom