SOTD: Saturday 8 July - Friday 14 July 2023.

Monday 10th July

AIL4fc8POwi2jiS9l1D3_4REzlNNLlDihZoZoQnFyT1GUnmOVe2539LGG813jFEbB7fkuC1vg5hdEvGRThWRAnKB9p4_wCFug7b4ahmM0DUiCrjwcGo9X9ad9m_xXKFYAgjgDT0Ib6FbMLtQspLFAJw2Eg0mlQ=w800

Haslinger Honig Shaving Soap & Razorock 400 Butterscotch Plissoft Noir 24mm
Muhle Rocca Birch & Statum Platinum Chrome (1)
Pincaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Holy propolis, Batman! That, and by 'eck, those Statums are mighty good!

Pensive. Within the hour previous, I received news that my best friend had died. I'm still processing but it is welcome to have a routine like an evening shave to move the clock along.
My deepest condolences.

Tue 11
Soap & Aftershave The Goodfellas Smile Italian Orange
Brush Yaqi 22mm Ever-Helpful
Razor Karve Brass OC-D
Blade JAWS Platinum 1st
The lovely stout brush whip up a very nice lather from this soap. Smells wonderfully refreshing together with the splash.
The infamous and rare JAWS blade paired with the appropriately teethed OC razor, at the beach no less, turns out to be quite harmless (except maybe the jellyfish). Enjoyed 3 very smooth & efficient passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230711_111455.jpg

Tue 11
Soap & Aftershave The Goodfellas Smile Italian Orange
Brush Yaqi 22mm Ever-Helpful
Razor Karve Brass OC-D
Blade JAWS Platinum 1st
The lovely stout brush whip up a very nice lather from this soap. Smells wonderfully refreshing together with the splash.
The infamous and rare JAWS blade paired with the appropriately teethed OC razor, at the beach no less, turns out to be quite harmless (except maybe the jellyfish). Enjoyed 3 very smooth & efficient passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
View attachment 108627
OK I have just found my next purchase, everyone should own a pack of Jaws blades, where can I buy them? I can't even find them on Google image search.

Last edited:

SOTD: 11th July 2023.

3.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Tuxedo synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Proraso Sensitive shaving cream.
Razor: Parker 87R- Personna Comfort Coated. (D3)
Razor: Parker InjRzr. (Head/Dome) (Settings) 4-wtg. 4-xtg/atg.+pick-ups. - Personna Injector PTFE. (D4)

Cold water Face & Head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Benjamín's mentholated bay rum./ Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

Greetings,

Early morning face & head shave,

A great inexpensive shave set up. Everything in the set up paired together wonderfully making my early morning face & head shave a pleasurable experience.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

My face is feeling cool smooth, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Monday 10th July

AIL4fc8POwi2jiS9l1D3_4REzlNNLlDihZoZoQnFyT1GUnmOVe2539LGG813jFEbB7fkuC1vg5hdEvGRThWRAnKB9p4_wCFug7b4ahmM0DUiCrjwcGo9X9ad9m_xXKFYAgjgDT0Ib6FbMLtQspLFAJw2Eg0mlQ=w800

Pensive. Within the hour previous, I received news that my best friend had died. I'm still processing but it is welcome to have a routine like an evening shave to move the clock along.
Hi Paul,
Condolences- hard to lose a close friend.

Monday 10th July

My kindest thoughts and condolences Paul

SOTD 11-Jul
20230710_210810 (1).jpg
Brush: Cadman 30mm Tuxedo
Soap: NO Jack
Razor: Frederick Reynolds Swayback

Today's theme was 'Sunny Days', so anything marked as a summer scent or featuring Aquatic or Citrus Accords. I saw lemon, lime and orange so that's that box checked. Along with that it was supposed to be a colour coordinated pic, tried my best but I'm not artistically inclined.

Right, as to the actual shave, very good. The swayback has a nice heft and feels good in the hand, certainly glad I got this. For the soap, hmm, I'm not so sure. I have the same issue here as I've had before, I pick up mainly orange. I had the same thing with Novus Spice, there is seriously something wrong with my nose! On the plus side, the Mrs liked it.

Smooth and seemingly smelling good.

Hope everyone has a grand one.

Cheers

Marc

Monday 10th July

Really sorry to hear that man, keep well!

View attachment 108611
Henson AL-13 - Treet Silver Edge - Frank Shaving two-band - Signature Capra - LPL Apricot - Avon moisturiser.

A weekend at the sea shore - my skin took a kicking from the wind, sun and salt spray. Time to apologise to my face. Only one soap for the job - as far as I am concerned - Signature unscented goat's milk base. The most 'healing,' moisturising and restorative of any soap I own. End of. My skin feels great again and I look somewhat rugged and windswept. :) Saludos a todos - I.
Thank you Iain. Fabulous image. Thought for one minute you’d been trying to develop the seafaring look of our very own @Satanfriendly

Back
Top Bottom