SOTD: Saturday 8 July - Friday 14 July 2023.

11/07/22
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Erasmic AP Shave Co Gelousy Bulb 20mm
Soap - Faena Dorica
Razor - Lambda Athena
Blade - Bic Astor (Ελ.)
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Pinaud Whiskey Woods
Wk 28 (4).jpg
Another cracker, although the blade has had some drop off in smoothness.
So sorry for your loss Paul @pjgh, you are in our thoughts.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Tue 11
Soap & Aftershave The Goodfellas Smile Italian Orange
Brush Yaqi 22mm Ever-Helpful
Razor Karve Brass OC-D
Blade JAWS Platinum 1st
The lovely stout brush whip up a very nice lather from this soap. Smells wonderfully refreshing together with the splash.
The infamous and rare JAWS blade paired with the appropriately teethed OC razor, at the beach no less, turns out to be quite harmless (except maybe the jellyfish). Enjoyed 3 very smooth & efficient passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
View attachment 108627
@chard52142 Never heard of the Jaws blade before.
Could you post some photos of the pack, wrapper and blade?

IHuUt1w.png

Tuesday P.M.Shave 07.11.23
RAZOR: Gillette Valet/AutoStrop Gold VC4
BLADE: Feather FHS
BRUSH: Vtg.. Restored Erskine w/new 24mm Synthetic Knot
LATHER: Barrister And Mann Diamond Shaving Soap

Tuesday 11 July
I was drawn to the Asylum AC razor, it looks really well made and the finish is top notch. I took the plunge on their offer of a reduced price for a so called “seconds“ product. Reviews were pretty much unanimous that this version is absolutely perfect and as good as new, apart from not being boxed. With a new Proshave S blade it performed perfectly and 2 passes and minor pick ups later gave a bbs finish, no irritation or other issues. I say no other issues but the Crabtree and Evelyn soap dries on the face really quickly so it needs constant re-application to retain an ok lather. Pity as it smells nice and I like it for that reason although won’t be using it regularly. The brush is a no name Rubberset look alike bristle, cheap and cheerful but does the job.
Have a fine evening fellas!

IMG_0173.jpeg

11/7/23

Pre - Palmolive
Soap - Arko Stick
Brush - Yaqi Mew Brown 24mm
Razor - Gillette Slim Twist
Blade - Gillette Nacet New (6)
Post - Lea 0%
AS - Chat d'Or Boxter

A few new things in the shave, both of which the postman brought this morning and I used for the shave. The Yaqi Brown cost less than £6, defect handle but I wasn't able to find any imperfections in the knot and handle. It looks like a ApShaveCo SynBad but I think there could be a difference between both knots. It was a delight to use in the shave, doesn't feel as large on the face as the benchmark Sagrada Tuxedo.
I was also delivered a Slim Twist. I'd seen them on the 'bay for cheap, but never got around to getting one, as I'd been under the mindset they were inferior to their all brass TTO counterparts like the Rocket and Rocket HD both of which I own. They are both beautifully made razors, but I never quite got on with how they perform in the shave. Even though I just had the one shave with it, the Slim Twist pretty much delivered the perfect shave straight away.
I finished the shave with a few splashes of this particular aftershave, and my face is burning a bit a few hours later. I'm not entirely sure but I seem to be reacting to a lot of products I used to before with little to no problem. I'm scratching my head why this is happening, but I will give this aftershave a few more goes, and if it continues to make my face burn it is another item to ever growing PIF pile!

Anyway gents, I hope you are well and have a good day.

IMG_20230711_180356.jpg

@pjgh, really sorry to hear about your friend Paul.

Back
Top Bottom