SOTD: Saturday 8 - Friday 14 October 2022.

A couple of days idle growth shifted and done so with a shave themed, 'disassemble'

20221012_152010.jpg

Deconstructed razor - Tatara Nodachi dark
Dissecting blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Brush breakdown - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Segmentation of the soap - Signature Soaps Londinium

A new blade for a shave challenged to remove a face full of greying hairs. God, I hate this point in facial pollution. I also realise why @Digimonkey volunteered a tuck of these Wizamet blades, so that he could pass on the guilt of the words 'Made in the USSR' imprinted on the back. But I'll give these blades one thing, they are damn good and a lovely alternative to my usual choice of the Lodz. Smooth, sharp and very comfortably at home in the superb Nodachi. Construct the deconstructed and a razor made in heaven.

Throw it all around in the name of having a shave together with my favourite 'reach for' soap, the Londinium and perfection prevailed. Happy bunnies? Fucking loads of them. Bunnies by the skip full.

'There is no hope for some'

A return to the pretty well incomprehensible Midori. She certainly leaves me baffled....

bZwJxhG.png

RAZOR: Monocero Husaria SS Closed Comb
BLADE: Wizamet Super Iridium
BRUSH: AP Shave Co. 24mm Mixed Badger/Boar
LATHER: Ethos Lavender Supreme Premium Shave Soap

SOTD: 13th October 2022.

4.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Mandarin & Lemongrass Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Fine Fresh Vetiver Shaving soap.
Blade: Gillette London Bridge. (D2.)
Razor: Parker 89R.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /P&G Old Spice Original ASL. / Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave,

An enjoyable shave to finish off my shaving week

The wonderfully efficient 89R /Gillette London Bridge duo was another great match mowing through my stubble with effortless ease.

In my next week's shaves i will use the Gillette Super Blue another DE blade i have infrequently used to see if the comparison between the Gillette London Bridge differs.

Another enjoyable 2 pass + pick-ups comfortable silky-smooth shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling smooth cool & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
Thu 13 SOTD
Cream Saponificio Bignoli Black Berry
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor Gillette Fatboy F4
Blade Gillette Nacet Stainless 2nd
Aftershave Stirling Executive Man Splash
This is a classy cream. Nicely scented with a slick lather. The AS matched well...
Just an awesome shave with this classic razor paired with a marvelously smooth blade at setting 9 for all 3passes for a bbs finish. Not many blades can be used at the max setting in this razor...
20221013_095147.jpg

SOTD 13-Oct
20221012_153247.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP
Soap: B&M Plague
Razor: WR3 OC 0.50
Blade: GEM PTFE (3)

Excellent shave, the darwin upped the ante and pushed the balance forward. No pressure 2 pass for a very smooth finish. There wasn't much in terms of blade feel but it required minimal effort, so I would deem it efficient enough. Like I said I'll try it at the weekend probably against the MMOC and Sabre to get a feel for where it sits. Initial impression would be just below the MMOC and above the Sabre.

I love the B&M plague, it does seem to ring some melds with MdC Fougère, but again it's more complex (unsurprisingly), this one is definitely going on the basket on release.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

SOTD: 13/10/2022

Razor: Razorock Hawk V3
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink SE, 4th use
Brush: Yaqi Lucky Dice Tuxedo
Bowl: Captains Choice Heavyweight Copper Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Red Sandalwood Cream
Soap: Surprise Sample Croap
Balm: Southern Witchcrafts Tres Matres Balm
Additional Care: 1959 Rock And Roll
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Not Too Bad At All

This week is another of the sample soap theme weeks. You know what it's like, we all get soap samples from time to time. I pick a week to use some of them up.

Todays soap is TOBS Royal Forrest which I have to say was fantastic. Great lather and good smell. Had a Mail Drop from Southern Witchcrafts so finished off with some Tres Matres splash which complimented the soap perfectly.

910E5135-4D66-4697-804E-29F886750B70.jpeg

SOTD 83.JPG

Soap – Abbate Y La Mantia Krokos ( sample)
Brush – Stirling w AP Shave Synbad
Razor – Vintage PAL adjustable injector
Blade – Schick / Chick (2)
A/S – Proraso Red
Balm – ADP Colonia Intensa
EDT – YSL M7

The Krokos soap is fantastic. I can’t say I’m too familiar with the smell of Saffron but in this it’s beautiful. I get a kind of warm, relaxing and calming vibe from it. Not complex or potent, just very, very nice. Performance is superb from a rich, protective and slick lather.
I could be tempted by a full tub of this ………………. because I really need more soap ! o_O
Post shave was a bit of a mish mash but boy it smells good.

Enjoy your day folks !

13/10/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap - OSP Spirits
Razor - PILS 101 NL Hi Polished "Thor's Hammer"
Blade - Gillette Nacet
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm
A/S - Dior Sauvage
Wk 41 (6).JPG
3 passes for a very comfortable BBS finish.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Thursday 13th
Brush, silver travel brush re-knotted synthetic.
Soap, Razo-Rock Plague doctor
Razor(s), Schick Injector, YNR Kamisori
Blade, Schick Injector II, Wilkinson Sword 1/2
The shave got off to a good start, good creamy lather, but the shave not. I knew I had left the blade in the Schick for a while, it had been cleaned but after starting to use it, I had to stop and then finished the shave with the Kamisori. On close inspection the Schick II blade edge was in really poor shape, not sure how but it was duly binned.
All‘s well that ends well and a dab of moisturiser and then Jil Sander after shave and I’m good to go.
have a good one today fellas!

44C45C77-FACA-4F6B-95B9-08A32B1B07BB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom