SOTD: Saturday 8 - Friday 14 October 2022.

Pre = Greek Olive Oil Soap Bar
Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Gillette Blue ( 1 )
Brush = Simpsons Chubby 3 Moon Java Synthetic
Cream = TOBS Eton College Collection with matching Splash
Balm = ES Fragrance Free
2E24F914-ADF1-4D1D-8B71-32E5BEE1C3E4.jpegAnother Too Drawer Shave.
This cream is possibly my number 1
i love everything about it, and paired with the Aftershave it’s a great combo.
The Gillette Blue was also a good choice for the feather.
Three passes of chilled out luxury.
Enjoy Your Weekend
Stay SafeD8CC1CFC-E0B1-441F-A1C4-FA406572D8CC.jpeg

r0dmg6e.jpg

Ongoing test. :unsure:

The Hawk 'A' plate really does get a closer shave without sacrificing smoothness.
Have you ventured in to the OC plate yet?
No I have not tried the OC plate yet because I wanted to get my technique more refined.
I will be loading the plate up on Sundays shave and taking it for a test run, my Alum block will be right beside me lol.
Have you shaved with the OC yet yourself?

Razor = Feather AS-D2
Balm = ES Fragrance Free
View attachment 94819Another Too Drawer Shave.
Enjoy Your Weekend
Stay SafeView attachment 94820
That is a beautiful brush :love:

The finale shave of the week, probably my favourite soap and brush combo. Finished with Positano after shave for a long lasting, delicious scent which is still apparent at the end of the afternoon.
I loaded the WR1 open comb with a second use Astra blade for a smooth and easy two pass plus pick-up finish. I was originally drawn to the Darwin handle by its aesthetic Art Deco style but wasn’t sure that the high polish finish was going to provide a good enough grip. I needn’t have worried as it fits perfectly in the hand, the curves are positioned just right to allow my fingers to get a firm grip without the need to strangle the handle.
Have a great evening fellas!

5C2D9C2F-6E80-4538-B3E6-998AF1F59835.jpeg

Razor = Feather AS-D2
Balm = ES Fragrance Free
View attachment 94819Another Too Drawer Shave.
Enjoy Your Weekend
Stay SafeView attachment 94820
I do like Mythos, but they've used an Alfa glass, terrible skills from the bar staff! That said, it's pissing down here, so I would forgive them too!

20221014_090305.jpg
Semogue Owners Club, PAA Astra Planeta CK-6,
Yaqi Excalibur, Schick Proline P-30

I just swapped the Kai Pink after 10 shaves for a new P-30. Is it me? The old Kai felt better (sharper) than the fresh P-30, which seemed tuggy. I got an OK result in the end but I was a bit underwhelmed. The soap was good even though the brush wanted to hog the lather a bit. This was about a 7 out of 10 all in all. Who else thinks P-30 a bit meh compared to Kai? To be fair it was one shave, maybe it'll be better tomorrow, I'm perhaps quick to judge and not a good judge anyway?

No I have not tried the OC plate yet because I wanted to get my technique more refined.
I will be loading the plate up on Sundays shave and taking it for a test run, my Alum block will be right beside me lol.
Have you shaved with the OC yet yourself?
I haven't use the OC plate, but had used the 'A' plate, and regretted selling my last Hawk V3.
I have the Standard plate variant, and make the best of it

Friday 14th October

AL9nZEWtg5gBdHlPKmhnXQAS2mioM7dEHEFaQnZW9_hvZJRDa5azPWSlQZn3FzAizUybMJIVkI8TaqF22ML7r4dY_V_wPmp5No9PgZzJI-EliIbeu4fQde4uRSuilQOqCPLgMbouvq1-nlRPhk3QAFhkcXK2XQ=w1200

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Imperial Leather (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & DSC Professional w/Synbad Synthetic 26mm
Eversharp 1912 & GEM by Personna (5)
Imperial Leather (Vintage) Aftershave

Two soap disappointments in as many days, yesterday my newly acquired Culpeper Gentleman's Shaving Soap and today's arrival, a reformulated but equally crap Trumpers Eucris Shaving Soap (see: https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/co...e-a-hard-soap-please.57183/page-5#post-893850) ... time to pull out a classic and make it all better: the Imperial Leather vintage soap and "cock and balls bottle" splash.

Ruddy lovely!

The keen eyed amongst you will be peering at "Eversharp" on the inside of that 1912. Eversharp? Not Ever-Ready? Eversharp ... as in Schick? Yeah! I guess they licensed (and produced) the razor for the competition, too. It's a nice one with the curved cap for getting under the schnozz and the squat head, making the whole thing really nimble.

Five shaves on the blade and it is smooth as a feather ... a real feather, not the vampiric FEATHER.

Enjoy your Friday night, folks! Have a great weekend!

Back
Top Bottom