SOTD: Saturday 8 - Friday 14 October 2022.

Nqt1cOK.png

RAZOR: Alpha Claymore Evolution
BLADE: Schick Proline
BRUSH: Rubberset 200-4 28mm 2BED Synthetic Fan
LATHER: OSP Neroli Scented Shaving Soap

RAZOR: Henson AL13 Med
BLADE: Bic Chrome (3)
BRUSH: Simpson Duke 3
SOAP: Southern Witchcraft Samhain

Ahh, what a relief to move to the Henson after the last few butcherings with the Parker Semi Slant. Although it feels disconcertingly light the Henson easily ploughs through stubble with a blade with no risk to my face. It's a shame this had been relegated to the razor graveyard, it easily and consistently gives a damn fine shave. It really puts the safety in safety razor, if you have a big day coming up and need to look your best this will deliver and never bite back. However, it's so effortlessly good I do find myself ruining all that by trying to chase perfection. With the fixed angle and tiny blade exposure you just can't quite get perfection, however tantalisingly close you feel. A great everyday razor that's going back in rotation. I'm still enjoying the sweetness of the Samhain splash too, it reminds me of demerara sugar, and has a stronger scent than the SW Necromantic whilst being less earthy and more warmly pleasant. All in all I quite enjoyed this one. 20221014_002432.jpg

SOTD 14-Oct
20221013_085845.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Finned'
Soap: B&M Famine
Razor: WR3 OC 0.50
Blade: GEM PTFE (4)

This one I wasn't too sure about in terms of scent off the sample. It seemed a little too floral for my tastes but in use it's actually quite nice, I get the floral side but that mellows and there's something a little darker there. Plague is still my favourite but tomorrow's test with death will finalise the roundup.

Otherwise a good close shave with no irritation. I wish I'd got my hands on thayers a while ago, been able to substitute this in with the majority of random soaps I have without sacrificing any of the lingering scent from the soap.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

20221013_163621.jpg
Good morning,
My shave today consisted of...
Brush Mountain Best 100% pure badger brush.
Soap Extro The End.
Razors Razorock Hawk V3 A plate and Leaf Razor for my head.
Blade Derby Extra.
Aftershave Brut.
Shaving Bowl Captains Choice Obsidian Copper Bowl.

Todays shave was a big improvement with the Hawk, no cuts at all and very smooth.
The difference I have found well my wife has found anyway lol, is that the regular plate although BBS it leaves a slight shadow and the A plate does not.
I love my bowl it's heavy it's wide and creates a great lather but I dread the day I drop it into my sink and break the sink lol.
I finished with a big splash of Brut and now I am set for an amazing day ahead.
Have a goodun.

View attachment 94809
Good morning,
My shave today consisted of...
Brush Mountain Best 100% pure badger brush.
Soap Extro The End.
Razors Razorock Hawk V3 A plate and Leaf Razor for my head.
Blade Derby Extra.
Aftershave Brut.
Shaving Bowl Captains Choice Obsidian Copper Bowl.

Todays shave was a big improvement with the Hawk, no cuts at all and very smooth.
The difference I have found well my wife has found anyway lol, is that the regular plate although BBS it leaves a slight shadow and the A plate does not.
I love my bowl it's heavy it's wide and creates a great lather but I dread the day I drop it into my sink and break the sink lol.
I finished with a big splash of Brut and now I am set for an amazing day ahead.
Have a goodun.
The Hawk 'A' plate really does get a closer shave without sacrificing smoothness.
Have you ventured in to the OC plate yet?

SOTD: 14/10/2022

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur
Blade: KAI Captain Protouch MG, 2nd use
Brush: DS Cosmetic Ken Surfs
Bowl: Captains Choice Heavyweight Copper Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Red Sandalwood Cream
Soap: Surprise Sample Croap
Aftershave: Southern Witchcrafts Lycanthropy Aftershave
Additional Care: Random 60's Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Devine

This week is another of the sample soap theme weeks. You know what it's like, we all get soap samples from time to time. I pick a week to use some of them up.

Todays soap is Signature Soaps Hibernia. An absolute delight to lather and really is a step up from the other samples I have been using this week. Had a Mail Drop from Southern Witchcrafts so finished off with some Lycanthropy splash which complimented the soap perfectly.

221014.jpg

SOTD: 14/10/2022

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur
Blade: KAI Captain Protouch MG, 2nd use
Brush: DS Cosmetic Ken Surfs
Bowl: Captains Choice Heavyweight Copper Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Red Sandalwood Cream
Soap: Surprise Sample Croap
Aftershave: Southern Witchcrafts Lycanthropy Aftershave
Additional Care: Random 60's Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Devine

This week is another of the sample soap theme weeks. You know what it's like, we all get soap samples from time to time. I pick a week to use some of them up.

Todays soap is Signature Soaps Hibernia. An absolute delight to lather and really is a step up from the other samples I have been using this week. Had a Mail Drop from Southern Witchcrafts so finished off with some Lycanthropy splash which complimented the soap perfectly.

View attachment 94811
Thank you for the comment, it’s appreciated. Best Regards Brian

Friday

I was going to just finish off with the Wizamet blade, but then thought, "stop being a tight-arse, trying to get a week out of a single blade".

1950s English flare tip with a super thin blade. Nearly done in 2 passes, but needed a bit more on one side, so half of a pass to finish. Pretty much BBS.

P&B Right Handed Giant is a lovely take on Brut; finished off with the splash.

Happy days!
Have a good 'un.

Attachments

• IMG_20221014_094834__01.jpg
    IMG_20221014_094834__01.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 7
Friday 14th October

Semogue SOC Taj Mistura - TOBS Sandalwood - Yaqi TFC (3,4,4)/Personna Platinum Chrome - Dunhill for Men

The cream is quite old but still gloriously scented. As it now has the consistency of a Proraso soap....that is how it was used. I normally bowl lather with creams.
3 passes for an excellent result :)

Friday October 14, 2022
Razor: Ti Blackbird
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Sorrentino Orange Crush
Soap: Ethos Shave MD Tribute
AS 1: Alcoholado Eucaliptino 70
AS 2: Ethos Shave MD Tribute
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,438

What an enjoyable shave. So glad to have the Ti Blackbird back in the rotation.............wait a minute ! There is no rotation....I just grab what I want at the moment. Have a great day Folks !!!
IMG_20221014_052301286.jpg

14/10/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium V1 Synth
Soap - OSP Neroli
Razor - Feather WS-D2
Blade - Gillette Nacet
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm
A/S - OSP Neroli
Wk 41 (7).JPG
I seem to be reaching for the Alpha brush more than others lately, it is nice to use and fits my mitt perfectly. The OSP Neroli is for me a wonderful scent and always produces a fantastic lather, today was no exception.
The "Mild" WS-D2 really enjoys a sharp blade and was loaded with a Nacet today.
I am consistently hitting the tight shave angle window now with this razor and for me it produces such a comfortable, efficient, long lasting shave from 3 passes.
A really nice post shave routine finishing off a wonderful bit of sink time.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom