SOTD: Saturday 8 - Friday 14 October 2022.

SOTD: 8th October 2022.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Mandarin & Lemongrass Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 49.
Face & Head Lather.
Lather: Scottish Fine Classic Shaving Soap.
Razor: Parker 24C. (Face) Gillette London Bridge. (D1)
Razor: Schick G type Injector (Head/ Dome) Personna PTFE Injector. (D5)

Cold water Face & Head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. / Alum Rub. / Cold water rinse. /Nivea Men Replenishing PSB. /Denim Original EdT.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave.)

A new shave set up to start the weekend. It's been a while since i last used the Gillette London Bridge blade paired together with the Parker 24C was a good match. Smooth sharp, and efficient.

A wonderful performance from the Omega 49 boar brush...My re-found fondness for my humble boar brushes grows with each outing.

My cold-water shaves are starting to feel very brisk now that Autumn has arrived. I actually like this season, love the different colours of the falling leaves.

A close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report. Finishing thew shave off with a few small squirts of Denim Original EdT to the pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Sat 8
Soap Yaqi PinaColada Chillers
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice 2 Band Badger
Razor Gillette New LC
Blade Gillette Winner 4th
Aftershave Yaqi PinaColada Chillers Splash
Nice enough soap but the matching splash sealed the deal...this brush is really good!
Good vintage razor and the blade is ok so the shave went well for 3passes resulting in a bbs-dfs finish...
20221008_103641.jpg

08/10/22
Straight Shave Saturday
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo Silvertip
Soap - OSP Spice Road
Razor - 6/8th Dovo "Best Quality"
Edge by - @RussellR5555
Post - Cold water Rinse, Alum rub
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - OSP Spice Road
Wk 41 (1).JPG
Its been a while since i used the Dovo, my 1st straight razor bought around 2008. It sports a wonderfully smooth edge put on by our very own @RussellR5555, to me it is not overly keen but still very sharp. I use it with the spine just off the skin and it works a treat with a nice audio soundtrack.
A wonderful lather from the OSP Spice Road and face-full of silvertip that is the SBB Cocobolo 26mm, just dipping the tips to loosen the lather to the consistency i like for straight shaving. The scent of this one is right up my street, dark and spicey.
I completed 2 passes WTG then a mixed pass XTG ear to nose and ATG throat and neck with a quick touch up on the whirlpools under the Jaw for a DFS+.
The post shave routine starting with an Alum rub check, very minor indication in a couple of spots, a quick cold water rinse finishing with the matching splash.
A lovely bit of sink time today.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

SOTD: 08/10/2022

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur
Blade: KAI Captain Protouch MG, 1st use
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3 Sovereign Grade
Bowl: Captains Choice Heavyweight Copper Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Red Sandalwood Cream
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts Autumn Ash Croap
Aftershave: Southern Witchcrafts Autumn Ash Aftershave
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of Something Dark And Gothic
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Devine

It's an Autumn Ash kind of day today after looking out of the window. Nothing to see here, move along, move along, just a fantastic shave.

20A6045E-33D1-4757-9C0A-C34B29AEB190.jpeg

Today's shave:

rdt2210084rch2.jpg

- Lavarie Barbarossa El Padre
- Mühle Hexagon Silvertip
- Mühle Hexagon with Sputnik blade
- Tüff sensitive aftershave

:D

Saturday 8th October

Soap • Stirling Pumpkin Spice
Brush • Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo Red Marble
Razor • Timeless 0.68 SS Scalloped
Blade • PolSilver Wizamet Stainless (6)
Post • Stirling Pumpkin Spice Aftershave

Enjoy the weekend everyone

Edit : I sometimes post my SOTD before my shave, and I feel I ought to add some text here . . .
Today was my first time using a Stirling soap, and I have to say that I'm impressed by it. I was initially attracted to it by the ingredients list - Beef Tallow & Lanolin, especially. Shea Butter is a decisive ingredient for some, but I don't think It detracts from the lather.
I went with a light loading with a damp brush and face lathered. The lather seemed quite thin at first, but soon thickened up in to a rich, but not overly dense lather.
Glide and protection were good, residual slickness while good, wasn't the best. (I tend to use Tabac as a benchmark for this measure).
The scent - this to me, is one of those soaps that smells good enough to eat! Sweet and spicy in equal measure.
Immediately post shave my skin felt firm and hydrated (Tallow & Lanolin to thank for this).
I used the matching aftershave splash too, and I'm not sure what Mrs L will make of how I smell when she returns from pumpkin picking with the grandchildren!!

Last edited:
IMG_20221008_093555_8.jpg
SOTD October 8th 2022

Razor - Feather lI Single injector (1970s)
Blade - Feather single (1970s)
Soap - Martin De Candre - Nature
Brush - Chisel and Hound Silvertip
Post - Refinery PS Balm
Frag - Ajmal Black Musk

I've been using this razor for a few days now and if anything it's better now than it was with my first shave, I guess the blade needs a few shaves under it's belt to really shine.
I absolutely love this razor and it has returned my love for injector razor's, I really do need my grail razor now, the Schick F Type! Alas, they seem to be extremely hard to track down! The hunt continues! :)
The Feather gave me a fantastic shave and I'm so happy I brought it.

Have a great weekend chaps, but let's be safe out there! :)

Paul.

Last edited:
SOTD 08-Oct
20221007_131532.jpg
Brush: Simpson Colonel
Soap: NO Plunder
Razor: Blackland Tradere
Blade: 7 O'Clock SP (2)

Another grand one, love Plunder, you get the smoke and you could believe that it was from a cannon, though in no way acrid. I'm sure it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea but it is mine. The EDP on this one is stronger than the log book so may have a bit more longevity.

I noted someone else's comment elsewhere on a NO EDP yesterday (specifically Hamami) and they said it didn't appear to be a true EDP in strength and closer to an EDT. He described it as more of a skin scent, I have extremely limited experience with EDPs but the way he described it seemed to ring true to my experience with the logbook. So for those of you considering these I would take that into account. It doesn't lessen my enjoyment of them but I'm not looking for something to be uber prominent all day.

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Saturday 8th October

Omega 10005 Boar - Blue's Soap - Lady Eversharp K2/Personna #5 - Oud Khalifa

Digging into my shaving box I found this soap which hasn't been used for some time. It used to be quite popular until the vendors decided to increase the price by around 300%. Blue's Soap in the ubiquitous damaged tin and made from Goat's milk and Animal Fots (whatever they are!)
3 passes for an excellent result :)

Back
Top Bottom