SOTD: Saturday 8 - Friday 14 October 2022.

Tabac Tuesday 11th October

Soap • Tabac
Brush • Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo Red Marble
Razor • Razorock Hawk V3
Blade • Feather Professional (2)
Post • Tabac Aftershave
Scent • Aramis Tobacco Reserve EdP

Two shaves in with a Feather Pro blade, and I really like how it performs. Very smooth and sure-footed feeling. I would go as far as to say that they're as smooth as Kai Protouch MG's, they are that good.
I was somewhat hesitant to use these blades due to not liking how the Hi Stainless DE blades are so damn sharp. I'm pleased I've tried them now.
Tabac Aftershave and a spritz of Tobacco Reserve to finish.

Mike, Safe travels. Forgive my ignorance but what company makes the Cream and Balm ?
Thanks for the kind words Dave & sorry for the late reply, it’s been a long day traveling.
i noticed Russell gave you the heads up so that’s good.
Yes Executive Shaving is a Scottish Company dave with a warehouse type thing in Glasgow.
I can’t quite remember the company that actually make the creams for them but this bay rum is top drawer.
perhaps one of the lovely boys on here will keep us right as to who makes it.
Enjoy the rest of the week
Mike.

Thanks for the kind words Dave & sorry for the late reply, it’s been a long day traveling.
i noticed Russell gave you the heads up so that’s good.
Yes Executive Shaving is a Scottish Company dave with a warehouse type thing in Glasgow.
I can’t quite remember the company that actually make the creams for them but this bay rum is top drawer.
perhaps one of the lovely boys on here will keep us right as to who makes it.
Enjoy the rest of the week
Mike.
No worries and be safe (y)

OAdeSxL.png
RAZOR: REX Ambassador Adjustable @3
BLADE: Wizamet Super Iridium
BRUSH: Oumo 01 Venus SHD Badger
LATHER: Noble Otter Barrbarr Shave Soap

Leaf Thorn
Astra SP (4)
Rudy Vey ‘Bog Oak‘ STF 23mm
Tabac
Tabac AS
Barts Unscented Balm

Very nice results today using the Thorn. It’s really no hardship using Tabac exclusively for the month as it’s such a good soap. I think hard soaps benefit from regular use. Coming to the last drops of my first bottle of Bart’s Balm and am very impressed, will definitely reorder.

SOTD 12-Oct
20221011_134848.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Mammoth'
Soap: B&M War
Razor: WR3 OC 0.50
Blade: GEM PTFE (2)

Two new ones for their first run, the newly acquired WR3 and a sample of B&M War of the upcoming Horsemen release. First the razor, appears to be excellent, efficient whilst still smooth. The OC was the right way to go for me. I'll try it with a lighter handle tomorrow to see how it changes, and I'll give it a run against some alts at the weekend to see how it fairs.

For the B&M, I'm not so sure, performance is as expected but the scent. I'm not sure how to describe it, it might be the leather and metal I'm picking up on, it does seem to share some DNA with Mammoth Damocles but there is more to it. It has a fair strength which just with the soap has extended past the rinse and I could still smell an hour after. It's fair to say it is unlike anything else I've used before, will this be a standard rotation one, I'm not sure but this may be one that grows on me.

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
Wed 12
Soap Shannon's Soap Lavender Lemongrass
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Parker 26C OC
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum 1st
Aftershave Axe Signature Splash
Good enough soap with a refreshing scent...easily whipped up by the excellent brush...
A very nice and enjoyable shave with the razor and a fresh new blade. 3 smooth and efficient passes for a bbs finish...
20221012_113320.jpg

SOTD: 12/10/2022

Razor: Parker InjRzr
Blade: Schick Injector SE, 2nd use
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3 Sovereign Grade
Bowl: Captains Choice Heavyweight Copper Bowl
Soap: Surprise Sample Croap
Aftershave: Southern Witchcrafts Druantia Aftershave

This week is another of the sample soap theme weeks. You know what it's like, we all get soap samples from time to time. I pick a week to use some of them up.

Todays soap is Wickhams 1912 Magnum which I do prefer over yesterdays Classic 24. Had a Mail Drop from Southern Witchcrafts so finished off with some Druantia splash.

76D39BD6-D325-438F-BD49-B4F3E7200010.jpeg

12/10/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 LE Faux Tortoise Synth
Soap - OSP Sandalwood
Razor - Ever Ready HFT Natural Angle
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - OSP Sandalwood
Wk 41 (5).JPG
A busy day today, therefore, a very early Gym session this morning, i was in there at 6.30am.
Once back i had a shower then shave.
A nice lather today, the LE Simpson CH2 knot is set a bit deeper than my other CH2 Synth which gives it more backbone, it can still be used as a face latherer though.
The HFT is probably the smoothest Vintage GEM style razor i have and is always a joy to use, the "banded" blade again working well although it is a little tight in the head.
2 passes WTG and ATG with some touch up on the whirlpools for a very comfortable BBS finish. A nice post shave routine setting me up for the day.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
Wednesday 12th October

Boti 26mm Boar - Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood - Lady Eversharp K2/Personna #9 - The Essence Vault Patchouli & Sandalwood

Continuing with my Sandalwood theme......I now remember why this one has seldom seen the light of day. Is is very difficult to lather and is probably going to find itself used as a shower soap
Slickness was OK and the result was good....but is not worth the effort.
3 passes fo a great result with not the most enjoyable shave.

12 October

Wickham 1912 Apricus
Semogue SOC Taj
Ikon Deluxe DLC
Feather Hi-Stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

F0FC1B47-364E-41D5-A46A-83425E7B247E.jpeg
Another smooth and comfortable shave with the Ikon, I wonder to what extent the DLC coating on the head has an influence? A good lather with the Wickham soap and Semogue brush certainly helped. I love the scent of the Hibernia splash, so all good.

Razor = Occam’s Oren
Blade = Feather Pro Guard ( 7 )
Brush = Simpsons T3
Soap = A&E Sol Cal Hipster with matching splash
Balm = ES Fragrance Free
B80D89E2-6B58-43AA-B109-29F4BC5AA6A7.jpeg
10/10 today on the shaving front.
i haven’t used this soap for a very long time and i doubt you could get a better summer smelling scent even although it’s not summer lol
it is for me.
The seventh use of the pro guard and by all accounts there’s plenty left in it so here’s to the next shave.
3985755D-43FB-48FA-98FA-43CA127A7570.jpeg
Enjoy the rest of the week & as usual
Stay Safe
8DFFF1F0-CC5F-448A-A9BE-507C728B3C98.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom