SOTD: Saturday 8 - Friday 14 October 2022.

That’s quite an impressive shave combo Dave, when I mentioned to my wife the name of the shaving soap I got the “rolled upwards eyes and really? expression that only a woman can give” . She said she wonders what we fellas get up to on TSR but I think I convinced her it’s nothing sinister just boys being boys :ROFLMAO: cheers Alan
Let her know it doesn't smell like the gif below :ROFLMAO:

smelling-monkey.gif

Last edited:
Tuesday AM 2022-10-11
National Myths & Legends Day
hWnUDlH.jpg

Rooney 2/1 Faux Horn Finest (22/52)
Floris No. 89 shaving cream
Wolfman WR2-SB/WRH7 Antique Bronze
Personna 74 Tungsten (12)
Prada pour Homme aftershave
dbjXDJY.jpg

I play Acoustic primarily and my favorite one is a Taylor 324L (I am a lefty) close behind is Furch G CM , I own just one electric guitar a Telecaster.

Thanks for the info Russ. Like yourself I also mainly play acoustic guitar. My most played guitar is a Stanford OM, which is designed by Furch, it's basically a MIC version of the Furch OM32. I own a Telecaster as well, IMO every guitar player should own a Telecaster! If something goes wrong with a Tele it's the easiest one to fix!

Tuesday 11th October

AL9nZEXl8f0Q3AePAT3CLFUfLVKYsLguLspnzTUomy_QLzy3CqPVd1_1M3a0SezI0Ty0fL8ibz1CvywGc81gWmQwm5Cmx6H_0pUkOnxh_ASbyz5BwawoHlW04eNUOFxy5ZL6BkVeMXcVtk9IoLyqBSMkQ5m-5g=w1200

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Martin de Canfre Rose Shaving Soap & DSC Professional w/Synbad Synthetic 26mm
GEM 1912 (1919) & GEM by Personna (2)
Rose of Bulgaria Aftershave

Another shave with the 1919 variant of the GEM 1912 and the blade itself on the second run now, giving a so much smoother shave. The first with these GEM by Personna blades can be a little raw.

Lathering up Martin de Candre with Synbad synthetic fibre is a joy! Instant loading and voluminous, creamy, thick lather. Lovely!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Russ. Like yourself I also mainly play acoustic guitar. My most played guitar is a Stanford OM, which is designed by Furch, it's basically a MIC version of the Furch OM32. I own a Telecaster as well, IMO every guitar player should own a Telecaster! If something goes wrong with a Tele it's the easiest one to fix!
Awesome the OM32 is a beauty , mine is the blue series so there base model , but a lovely guitar and i like my guitars quite plain. Agree with you on the Tele , i had a strat for a while but the tremelo was a pain , The Tele is straight forward.

Awesome the OM32 is a beauty , mine is the blue series so there base model , but a lovely guitar and i like my guitars quite plain. Agree with you on the Tele , i had a strat for a while but the tremelo was a pain , The Tele is straight forward.

I agree 100% about liking guitars to be on the plain side of things, along those lines I'm not the biggest fan of things like fretboard binding and so on. I have played quite a few of the cedar/mahogany models and like with all the Furch guitars I have played I liked them a lot. Now and again I find myself lusting after the Mahogany top Furch Blue OM but I'm at the stage where I need to sell something to buy something, as I've run out of space! Lusting after razors is fine as they don't take up that much space, but a few acoustic guitars in a room and to the outsider you are either a professional or have a problem! I'm clearly in the latter category!
I've never tried a Mahogany topped Taylor, is yours one of the new V braced ones?

I agree 100% about liking guitars to be on the plain side of things, along those lines I'm not the biggest fan of things like fretboard binding and so on. I have played quite a few of the cedar/mahogany models and like with all the Furch guitars I have played I liked them a lot. Now and again I find myself lusting after the Mahogany top Furch Blue OM but I'm at the stage where I need to sell something to buy something, as I've run out of space! Lusting after razors is fine as they don't take up that much space, but a few acoustic guitars in a room and to the outsider you are either a professional or have a problem! I'm clearly in the latter category!
I've never tried a Mahogany topped Taylor, is yours one of the new V braced ones?
I'm a massive fan of Mahogany as a body wood , yes it does had V Bracing and for me it is a very balanced guitar , and I really enjoy how it responds to changes in how softly or hard you play. I am definitely in that later category too :) I did have an all Mahogany Martin for a while but the string spacing was narrower than I like , and I struggled to adapt , the sound was very mellow and nice.

Back
Top Bottom