SOTD: Saturday 5 - Friday 11 November 2022.

Wednesday 9th November

Soap • Extro Legno Di Rosa
Brush • Yaqi Moka Express 24mm Synthetic
Razor • Timeless 0.68 SS Scalloped
Blade • Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Post • Rose of Bulgaria Aftershave

No photo - we all know what a shave set up looks like . . . .

Get your ears around this instead . . .

I didn't shave yesterday, feeling a bit crap after a couple of jabs of a different variety to the kind I am used to on Thursday evenings. Today needed a good cleanup. Today is also the maiden voyage for my vintage Rubberset 400, so generously given to me by Dave 'the shave' in Kentucky. I decided a tribute to the US was therefore in order.

Out came my mint Gillette Slim, set to #5. Loaded with a Gillette 7 O'clock Permasharp stainless. I know Phoenix is nowhere near Kentucky but its as close as my stash will get me so PAA Astra Planeta CK-6 provided the well-scented lube. The 400 has great ergonomics and the Oumo boar just suits it perfectly. What a great knot, plenty of backbone yet super soft tips. The razor just floated through the double stubble no trouble. I was done in 2 passes. Inevitably I pushed it to 3 for pickups and got carried away with the enjoyment, lost concentration while admiring the excellence of the shave, slipped and sliced myself in the neck lol! Not to worry, I shall soothe my neck with what else but Baxter of California (also nowhere near KY but at least the right continent!)

Cackhanded buffoonery aside, this was one of the best shaves I have had, and I am totally stoked about the brush. Cheers Dave, you legend!
20221110_085221.jpg

Thur 10th November

Jayaruh Syn No 67
L’ Occitane Cade cream
Personna Super Stainless Injector
Schick S/S single- Japan ( 5 )
Puig Quorum A/S lotion

Not sure if this was ever a popular Razor, as produced in the 70s when Carts were on the scene. Took me some time to get the hang of it, but now delivers good quality Shaves. I now use it regularly in my Injector rotations, and today it cleared 2 days growth very nicely.

FFC66040-B547-459D-BAC0-1C0D540BB2AC.jpeg

10/11/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Semogue SOC TAJ Boar
Soap - Faena Dorica
Razor - Rockwell 6S-R4
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Pinaud Brandy Spice
Wk 45 (6).JPG
I sorted myself out with a haircut this morning (not a bad effort if i say so myself) then straight in the shower before shaving.
Its been a while since i used plate #4 on the 6S, today fitted with the Med Prep it was wonderfully smooth and very efficient.
2 Passes and done, an easy BBS finish.
A nice face lather with the SOC boar and Faena soap prepping the face perfectly.
Finishing off with a nice post shave routine, the Pinaud splashes, for me, really seem to help the post shave skin feel.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Last edited:
10 November

PAA Solstice
Semogue SOC Taj
Rex Ambassador
Treet Platinum
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

CBEC8C50-865C-44C4-8695-D7DE2EEC2522.jpeg
Terrifically close shave this morning with the Rex set on 3.5, no damage, but closer than yesterday’s shave on the more usual 2.5. The lather faded on the Semogue brush between passes again. There seems to be a lot of watery lather at the base of the knot when I squeeze it out. Perhaps, my hard water is killing the lather. I suspect I’ll have to work on that.
Snap @Tony'schin !

Three days of growth to mow through this evening as I have been a complete lazy bastard while out on the river. But was this evening to be a (y) or a (n)? So we arrive with the theme, ':( or :)'

View attachment 96088

:) - Ikon B1
:sleep: - Polsilver Lodz (about the only DE blade I use)
o_O - AP Shaving brass 30mm flat Cashmere
:love: - Penhaligons Bayolea soap
:unsure: - Collegen moisturiser
:eek: - Goutal Eau D'Hadrien

'Here love, listen to this daft bugger. Calls himself Satanfriendly or something stupid'

Found the big brass brush laying in the lower drawer and thought 'You need a bit of face time matey'. Certainly heavy, certainly large and certainly capable of beating bristles in to submission. But certainly makes short work of the Bayolea. A good start.

Bring it on. Bring on that viscious git, the B1 :devilish:. Armed with usual Lodz and ready to shred my face. But fail to do so it did :sneaky:. Instead it turned in the usual Ikon standard finish of buffed to perfection. It doesn't do anything else. No cuts, no nicks, no skin scraping and superbly refreshing after a couple of days of neglect.

Slap of moisturiser, a spray of one of my best purchases from the BST and heaven prevailed.

I am one happy bastard

A BIG (y)

So happy you can have some of my favourite happy Japanese girls being happy. (y)

God, I have just looked at my YouTube history and it really does read 'I'm a sad man' (n):rolleyes:
Maybe you are now to be known as Satanfriendly aka Sadmanfriendly :unsure: ?

...Out came my mint Gillette Slim, set to #5. Loaded with a Gillette 7 O'clock Permasharp stainless...

The Indian Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp Stainless is a blade that had a lot of fans not quite 10 yrs. ago. It sort of faded with the onslaught of other Gillette offerings, but it is actually a Helluva blade. (y)

Today's shave:

Gillette NOS bonafide "Swede" (#4)
B&M Plague
Gillette
BE English Tech with PAA Bulldog style handle
A.P. Shave Co. Flattop synth that is entirely too floppy and face lathers like a mop. Regardless, peerless shave!! ;)

MZTC3k2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom