SOTD: Saturday 5 - Friday 11 November 2022.

9/11/22

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Brush - Yaqi 26mm Fan Tuxedo
Soap - Arko Hydrate
Razor - Gillette Rocket
Blade - Supermax Vidyut Stainless (2)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Brut Original

This Yaqi brush is absolutely enormous and quite floppy, I prefer a little more shape and structure to the knot when I'm building a lather, but this Yaqi really is a beast for producing lather, produced a huge amount of lather from a small strip of Arko Hydrate. I absolutely love the shape of the knot though, it's a delight to paint on lather with, I will give it an extended run with some creams I often overlook.
This particular shaving cream might be one of my favourite smelling shaving soaps/creams I have own, a nice mild fougere scent like the Superdrug Forest Fresh after shave splash. It's a good performer as well, not a million miles from the Palmolive Cream, maybe a touch less slick though, but it's still fine though.
I'm a little ashamed to say I had really low expectations for the Supermax Vidyut Stainless blade but it's a very smooth blade in the shave, not the sharpest and in a mild razor like the Gillettes I have used so far, for close results an extra pass is needed, but it's a very enjoyable and comfortable one.
I finished the shave with a few splashes of Brut Original. Alongside Denim Original, it's becoming the two splashes I seem to reach for the most, they smell nice and feel great on the skin.

Have a good day gents, I hope the sun is out where you are, like it is here in London. It's been endlessly grey and damp for the last few days, nice to see the sky again, even if it is just for a few hours...

IMG_20221109_114647.jpg

sqSM3M5.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club LE 2012 Mixed Badger/Boar
Soap: Zingari Man Watchman
Razor: Wolfman WR1 Head / WR2 Handle
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Bleue Extra (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Reuzel Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Knize Forest EdT

Razor: Razorock Game Changer CC .64
Blade: Bic (2)
Brush: Simpson Duke 3
Soap: Declaration Grooming Bangarang
Splash: Declaration Grooming Bangarang

Some time away from the GC has just made me appreciate it even more coming back to it. Smooth and aggressive it's the best of both worlds for a quick shave. Haven't used the Bangarang for a while as it's a bit too summery and fun for this time of year and made the lather a little dry. Still shaved fine though. Need to try a different handle from the collection on the GC next time. 20221109_175233.jpg

BA96A37E-275B-4696-95B8-A4851BD3EB50.jpeg
SOTD: 09/11/2022

Razor: Shield Avenger
Blade: Feather Pro, 4th use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Stirling Shadow Orchid Puck
Aftershave: Tom Ford Black Orchid EDT
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Couldn’t resist another play with the new toy, the Shield Avenger. Another effortless shave if a little rougher than before but that was mainly down to me rushing and messing around trying to push the angles I was using it with. I stopped and went back to its normal intuitive angle and had no further issues, smooth sailing again. My lathering has improved since I switched to my 3-D bowl and helped speed the process up when I’m in a hurry in the week and the Stirling was a delight from the first to last pass.
Enjoy your evening guys!

Three days of growth to mow through this evening as I have been a complete lazy bastard while out on the river. But was this evening to be a (y) or a (n)? So we arrive with the theme, ':( or :)'

20221109_191034.jpg

:) - Ikon B1
:sleep: - Polsilver Lodz (about the only DE blade I use)
o_O - AP Shaving brass 30mm flat Cashmere
:love: - Penhaligons Bayolea soap
:unsure: - Collegen moisturiser
:eek: - Goutal Eau D'Hadrien

'Here love, listen to this daft bugger. Calls himself Satanfriendly or something stupid'

Found the big brass brush laying in the lower drawer and thought 'You need a bit of face time matey'. Certainly heavy, certainly large and certainly capable of beating bristles in to submission. But certainly makes short work of the Bayolea. A good start.

Bring it on. Bring on that viscious git, the B1 :devilish:. Armed with usual Lodz and ready to shred my face. But fail to do so it did :sneaky:. Instead it turned in the usual Ikon standard finish of buffed to perfection. It doesn't do anything else. No cuts, no nicks, no skin scraping and superbly refreshing after a couple of days of neglect.

Slap of moisturiser, a spray of one of my best purchases from the BST and heaven prevailed.

I am one happy bastard

A BIG (y)

So happy you can have some of my favourite happy Japanese girls being happy. (y)

God, I have just looked at my YouTube history and it really does read 'I'm a sad man' (n):rolleyes:

SOTD: 10th November 2022.

8.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Squeezed Mandarin & Sandalwood Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Frank Shaving 22mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Proraso Sandalwood Shaving Cream.
Blade: Treet 7 Days Platinum. (D4)
Razor: Ming Shi 2000s. (Settings): 3-wtg,4-pick-ups.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /P&G Hawkridge ASL. /Baylis & Harding Amber & Sandalwood ASB.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave,

Another very eclectic assortment of shaving diversity to finish my shaving week off wonderfully.

The very assertive Ming Shi 2000s paired together with the T7DP wonderfully still feeling smooth & efficient on its 4th outing.

My re-acquaintance with the Treet T7DP blades over the last two weeks has been a very pleasant experience. I have mentioned in many of my postings that sub-continent shaving products don't get the recognition they rightly deserve.

I intend to continue with various other Treet DE blades for the rest of the month. Carrying on with the Treet Dura sharp with my next week's SOTD set up.
Another very comfortable close 2 pass + pick-ups shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a few small dollops of Baylis & Harding Amber & Sandalwood ASB.

My face is feeling smooth cool & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SOTD 10-Nov - now I'll post on the correct date
20221109_154054.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP
Soap: NO Logbook
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Professional (1)

Excellent no effort shave this morning, the vector being the squeegee it is swiped both lather and hair off with ease. Quick two pass for a very smooth finish topped off by the lovely smelling logbook.

Smelling good and ready for the battle I have with management on another site today to take on work!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

SOTD: 10/11/2022

Razor: Gillette 1961 Fatboy G1
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 3rd use
Brush: Razorock Italian Barber Synthetic
Bowl: Face Lather
Preshave: Proraso Blue Prebeard Cream
Soap: Proraso Blue Cream
Aftershave: Fine Barber Blue Aftershave
Balm: Proraso Blue Balm
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Not Too Bad At All
Additional Care: Random 60's Playlist

So this weeks theme is through the decades. I will be trying to match the razor and possibly soap if I can to the relevant decade (this is not an exact science).

Jump to the 1960's today with the Fatboy. Did the 60's Italian cool thing with the soap and an Italian flag brush.

0468727D-5968-4623-809C-F137A7C2FB6A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom