SOTD: Saturday 5 - Friday 11 November 2022.

CE6CADEE-844A-499D-9426-22C83FB26ADE.jpeg
SOTD: 10/11/2022

Razor: Shield Avenger
Blade: Feather Pro, 5th use
Brush: AP Shave Co. Lemon Drop G5A
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Noble Otter Rawr Puck
Aftershave: Noble Otter Rawr Aftershave
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Another Shield day, another excellent shave. Beginning to think I could get away with two passes with this it’s that good!
Enjoy the rest of the day guys.

Thursday AM 2022-11-10
International Accountants Day
jKlG60m.jpg

Rooney Emillion 1 Porcelain Finest (24/48)
Floris Verbena shaving soap (tallow)
Paradigm 17-4
Wilkinson London Bridge (9)
Ginger's Garden Springtime in Paris aftershave
3SHD4n3.jpg

Razor = Edwin Jagger 3one6
Blade = Silver Star ( 2 )
Brush = The Darn Robb 26mm Boar
Soap = Mudder Focker with matching splash
Balm = ES Fragrance Free

7F333ACC-08F4-4950-82E9-16F002808A66.jpeg
A super 3 pass shave with the wonderful 3one6
a really pleasing shave and second use of the silver star was arguably better than the first and
Another cheap & cheerful great performance soap.
Not got much time to myself at the moment as i’m totally flat out at work but not for much longer thankfully.
Stay Safe Boys & Girls

Razor: Razoroc Game Changer OC .64
Blade: Bic Chrome (3)
Brush: Simpson Duke 3
Soap: TOBS Sandalwood
Splash: TOBS Sandalwood

Do I really need a CC and an OC Game Changer? On the back of this, no. I rarely grow my stubble out, and despite shaving quite smooth left me irritated after. I was undecided on a scent for tonight so I went more classic. TOBS certainly works fine but it lacks the slickness and cushioning of newer soaps and that may have contributed to some of this irritation. Better handle on my OC than my CC though so I might swap that.20221110_205543.jpg

Those usual words 'My final shave for this week of SOTD's' and it has been awarded the the theme by the 'Board of theming things', 'Why the Japanese girlies?'

20221110_174040.jpg

Otoboke Razor - Muhle R89
Band Blade - Polsilver Lodz
Aldibrush - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
Puffysoaps - Signature Soaps Wicstun
TsuShiMaMiReScent - Firenze

'Satin, Satin, Satin, Satin!'

The Japanese wing of my fan club. The lost in translation branch.

Not going to say too much as a well tried and tested bunch which thrown together did what they were supposed to do. And they did a grand job of it all.

Why the Japanese girlies?

I have no idea

But you can have some of the best of the bunch to sing you out. TsuShiMaMiRe.

Have smashing weekends my fellow(?) Shavateers and I love you all.

SOTD 11-Nov
20221110_135829.jpg
Brush: Blackland Signature
Soap: Cerberus Fougere
Razor: Blackland Era (4)
Blade: GSB (2)

Good shave this morning, decided to pick up an extra plate, stand and brush in the sale. Was mightily surprised at how effective the brush was, it felt a little springy out of the box so I was expecting lather to fly everywhere but no such issues and it loaded plenty for a two pass with no problem.

Just because I was curious I picked up a level 4 at the same time, actually not bad, still prefer the level 5 for the slightly higher feel but it did the job well.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

SOTD: 11/11/2022

Razor: Pal Injectomatic
Blade: Schick Injector SE, 1st use
Brush: Semogue 620 Excelsior Boar Brush
Bowl: Face Lather
Soap: Tabac Puck
Aftershave: Tabac EDT
Balm: Harry's Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of ELO's Greatest Hits
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = That is Going In The Bin, I Wouldn't Even Clean The Windows With It

So this weeks theme is through the decades. I will be trying to match the razor and possibly soap if I can to the relevant decade (this is not an exact science).

It's the 1970's today. Tabac for the win but the wife was not so keen. I chose the Pal Injectomatic as it seemed the most appropriate for the era out of everything I have. I have no idea what era it comes from but it looks like a 70's razor. It shaved okay too. Tune in tomorrow for another exciting episode........

DC2CDD0E-2468-4895-BF5D-5F3DCA412364.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom