SOTD: Saturday 5 - Friday 11 November 2022.

OK so not the best Wedding anniversary day so far.
16 years Mrs H has now put up with me and my crazy hobbies... photography, cycling, shaving.... to name a few.
But I had to work this morning s it was the only day the customer was available. Then sliced a layer off my little finger.... its OK folks don't panic.... I will survive, (alright Gloria, calm down)
Anyways hopefully the rest of the day will go better, had a nice shower, lovely shave and have a meal booked at local Pub later this eve.
So the SOTD is....

Razor: King C Gillette
Blade: Treet Silver
Bowl: Small stoneware thingy
Soap: The Woolfat
Brush: FS butterscotch badger. (Cheap but one of my favourites)
Post: BBA dragons blood post shave balm. Lidl deep blue edt.

Not sure about the Treet silver, it seemed efficient but at the same time a tad on the rough side :confused:.

Anyways.... looking forward to the meal and a well deserved Pint.
Happy Anniversary

SotD

El Druida Manchurian (Mopane Wood) - Shaving Brush
Saponificio Varesino (Manna Di Sicilia) - Shaving Soap
Lambda Athena (Mahogany Wood Case) - Safety Razor
Feather - Blade
Puig Agua Brava - After Shave
Ebenholz - AS Balm
Penhaligon's Halfeti - EdP.

-

44682270ew.jpg

44682271tr.jpg

44682272bc.jpg

44682273wf.jpg

44682275sm.jpg

679M6GU.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Special Edition 2013 Olive Wood Silvertip Badger
Soap: Abbate Y La Mantia Garibaldi
Razor: Wolfman WR1 Head / WR2 Handle
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Bleue Extra (4)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Vitos Tobacco Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Miller Harris Feuilles de Tabac EdP

16 years Mrs H has now put up with me and my crazy hobbies... photography, cycling, shaving.... to name a few.
But I had to work this morning s it was the only day the customer was available. Then sliced a layer off my little finger.... its OK folks don't panic.... I will survive, (alright Gloria, calm down)
Anyways hopefully the rest of the day will go better, had a nice shower, lovely shave and have a meal booked at local Pub later this eve.
So the SOTD is....

Not sure about the Treet silver, it seemed efficient but at the same time a tad on the rough side :confused:.

Happy anniversary

E9F47607-4DCD-488D-85D9-63748CFC0E0E.jpeg
SOTD: 11/11/2022

Razor: Shield Avenger
Blade: Feather Pro, 6th use
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Aqua Highmountain Silvertip Badger
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: Proraso Green Puck
Aftershave: PAA Awesome Sauce Aftershave
Balm: Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba Balm

Another 3 days with the Shield and smooth as ever. I’ll try it with a new blade next time to see how it performs but it’s definitely a keeper! Effortless but not soulless, it requires some skill on the users part but not challenging or too difficult, a great daily driver or razor for special occasions. This wasn’t supposed to be the one but I think it just might be! I’ve even been contemplating saving for a polished variant to see the difference, (not before trying the Vector, that itch still needs scratching!)

6FB8DEFE-38BE-418E-8272-5C335E1D55D2.jpeg1C142BAA-2D46-4CB3-B0B4-8593C50A93AB.jpeg

Head and face shave

Giles Shaving Bowl
Leaf (Astra SP 1) head
Blackland Vector (Schick Proline 2) face
Edwin Jagger STF 23mm
Wickhams Gothic Revival
Homemade witch hazel with glycerin, lavender, peppermint and tea tree essential oils
L’Occitane Original Balm

Feather AS-D2
Astra SP 1
Kent BK4
DR Harris Marlborough
Homemade witch hazel with glycerin, lavender, peppermint and tea tree essential oils
L’Occitane Original Balm

Two of my favourite smelling soaps and both superb performers.

Have a great weekend one and all.

So the SOTD is....

Happy anniversary :)

Be
So the SOTD is....

Happy 16th Anniversary.

So the SOTD is....

Happy Anniversary to you both
Hope you have a great weekend

POK so not the best Wedding anniversary day so far.
So the SOTD is....

Wishing you both a belated happy 16th anniversary!
Always late to the party! :)

Paul.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom