SOTD: Saturday 5 - Friday 11 November 2022.

Friday 11 November

Just used Mercur Progress I bought from Boycie. It is an absolute stunner, looks terrific in a sort of vintage/ modern way. It has the short handle which I prefer in my razors, great balance. Proraso lathered up soft and creamy with the Boti synthetic, re-knotted US Ever Ready. Dorco Titan blade set at 3 on the adjuster for wtg first pass and 1 atg second plas light touch up for an excellent shave. A lot has been written over the years about this model and all I can say is if it’s still being made, more or less unchanged, after 50 years Mercur must have got something right.
Have a great day fellas

9DD8AED6-B788-40D2-8552-D4B2402507DA.jpeg

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: None
Razor: Rockwell 6S (6)
Blade: Gillette 7 o’clock yellow (2)
Brush: Alpha Outlaw
S Soap: OSP - No 8

Another great Emporium purchase. Soap delivered the expected performance I am used to from previous OSP soaps and the scent is near identical to CK - Eternity. Smelling great on the last day of the week.
Have a great weekend ahead everyone!

SOTD.jpg

11/11/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Semogue SOC BTS Boar
Soap - Proraso Wood & Spice
Razor - Rex Ambassador / RR Lupo 72
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue / Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Pashana Original
Wk 45 (7).JPGLupo 72.jpeg
I just could not help myself this morning, after my Gym session shower the plan was to use the Rex, however, a delivery from BST (across the street) arrived yesterday. I had been wanting to try the Lupo 72 for a while and the BST has allowed me to do this for a very good price. Apparently a very efficient razor with a lot of blade feel. I decided to run it with a Med Prep (third shave) on the LH side of my face with the Rex set at 2.75 on the right.
I bowl lathered the Proraso cream, i love the scent of this one and may have to buy the splash and balm.
Copious amounts of lather in no time from the just damp SOC boar, adding droplets as needed to build a voluminous, slick lather - wonderful.
1st WTG strokes go to the Lupo - WOW! i thought, i did not get the blade feel i was expecting, no where near like the Dart, smooth and efficient. one side done and smiles all around. The Rex was also smooth and comfortable, i love this razor. I don't seem to get the aggression others have reported. Below #3 the Rex is a kitten. the WTG pass done and the rinse off proves both to be very efficient.
The ATG pass again went without mishap, both wonderfully smooth.
The Lupo is a keeper on 1st impressions, i will give it a good run out just to make sure.
On this Remembrance day paying respects
my Grandfather and his Comrades from WW1
IMG_20181124_144336.jpgScreenshot_20191101-223519~3.png
And Uncle who ended WW2 as a Japanese POW - he was one of the lucky ones and came home.
2017-11-05 15.09.18.png
Also looking forward to seeing a few old friends on Sunday.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
11/11/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Semogue SOC BTS Boar
Soap - Proraso Wood & Spice
Razor - Rex Ambassador / RR Lupo 72
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue / Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Pashana Original
View attachment 96135View attachment 96134
I just could not help myself this morning, after my Gym session shower the plan was to use the Rex, however, a delivery from BST (across the street) arrived yesterday. I had been wanted to try the Lupo 72 for a while and the BST has allowed me to do this for a very good price. Apparently a very efficient razor with a lot of blade feel. I decided to run it with a Med Prep (third shave) on the LH side of my face with the Rex set at 2.75 on the right.
I bowl lathered the Proraso cream, i love the scent of this one and my have to by the splash and balm.
Copious amounts of lather in no time from the just damp SOC boar, adding droplets as needed to build a voluminous, slick lather - wonderful.
1st WTG strokes go to the Lupo - WOW! i thought, i did not get the blade feel i was expecting, no where near like the Dart, smooth and efficient. one side done and smiles all around. The Rex was also smooth and comfortable, i love this razor. I don't seem to get the aggression others have reported. Below #3 the Rex is a kitten. the WTG pass done and the rinse off proves both to be very efficient.
The ATG pass again went without mishap, both wonderfully smooth.
The Lupo is a keeper on 1st impressions, i will give it a good run out just to make sure.
On this Remembrance day paying respects
my Grandfather and his Comrades from WW1
View attachment 96142View attachment 96141
And Uncle who ended WW2 as a Japanese POW - he was one of the lucky ones and came home.
View attachment 96138
Also looking forward to seeing a few old friends on Sunday.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
I'm surprised there's not more Lupo's around, it's my equal favourite modern de razor alongside the Timeless, both in 0.95, although I'll try and get a 0.72 at some point..

Been away, and I've used the Baili for my pre-drive shave with a Perma-sharp loaded - very mild razor, took a full 3 passes with touch-ups to get me close to DFS on Wednesday morning. I used the Maggard's own Tobacco and Leather, which was decent enough, but I wouldn't say it blew my mind.

I've given the Barrister & Mann 'War' a good run-out and paired with the Fine American Blend, I still get a touch of the War scent a few hours later. I know others have said it isn't for them, but I see a future acquisition of a full tub!

Today, I used the same soap/splash pairing and loaded the Perma-sharp blade in the Falklands Islands' issue Tech and it was far more efficient than the Baili - which says something as I think it is mild anyway.

Looks like I'll keep this set up for Sunday, just need to bull my shoes and give the gongs a bit of a shine before then.

Today, I will reflect and remember my fallen friends and comrades. I will toast them later and most likely on Sunday too.

Attachments

• IMG_20221111_111635__01.jpg
    IMG_20221111_111635__01.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20221110_075858__01.jpg
    IMG_20221110_075858__01.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20221109_052408__01.jpg
    IMG_20221109_052408__01.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 7
OK so not the best Wedding anniversary day so far.
16 years Mrs H has now put up with me and my crazy hobbies... photography, cycling, shaving.... to name a few.
But I had to work this morning s it was the only day the customer was available. Then sliced a layer off my little finger.... its OK folks don't panic.... I will survive, (alright Gloria, calm down)
Anyways hopefully the rest of the day will go better, had a nice shower, lovely shave and have a meal booked at local Pub later this eve.
So the SOTD is....

Razor: King C Gillette
Blade: Treet Silver
Bowl: Small stoneware thingy
Soap: The Woolfat
Brush: FS butterscotch badger. (Cheap but one of my favourites)
Post: BBA dragons blood post shave balm. Lidl deep blue edt.

Not sure about the Treet silver, it seemed efficient but at the same time a tad on the rough side :confused:.

Anyways.... looking forward to the meal and a well deserved Pint.

16 years Mrs H has now put up with me and my crazy hobbies... photography, cycling, shaving.... to name a few.
But I had to work this morning s it was the only day the customer was available. Then sliced a layer off my little finger.... its OK folks don't panic.... I will survive, (alright Gloria, calm down)
Anyways hopefully the rest of the day will go better, had a nice shower, lovely shave and have a meal booked at local Pub later this eve.
So the SOTD is....

Not sure about the Treet silver, it seemed efficient but at the same time a tad on the rough side :confused:.

Happy 16th Anniversary

So the SOTD is....

Happy anniversary!

Back
Top Bottom