SOTD: Saturday 5 - Friday 11 November 2022.

Tuesday 8th
Rockwell 6S, #4 plate
Gillette Silver Blue stainless
Apothecary 87
Zenith synthetic

The Rocky has some heft and only needs the lightest of touch to get the job done which it did perfectly in two passes, wtg and atg.
The 87 has a nice base scent from the pot and lathers easily but then the Zenith is an excellent brush and one that I reach for more often than my other brushes.
I have a couple of old brushes that I will attempt to re knot this afternoon, I have some excellent replacements from Boti.
Time for The Dremel to be unleashed from its lair :eek:
have a good day fellas

FED172E7-ECF6-4D9F-B4F5-AF6BD77D2C08.jpeg

Last edited:
08/11/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo Silvertip
Soap - Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor - Razorock Hawk V3 "A"
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Pinaud Whiskey Woods
PB080002.JPG
The "Fat" was looking a bit dry in its pot this morning, its been a while since i used it, after a little bloom and extra loading time with the big Badger, i had a really nice face lather and easily enough of the good stuff for my shave. I do like the "clean" smell of the "Fat".
A very nice shave with the V3 Hawk this morning, BBS from 2 passes and some touch up here and there.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: None
Razor: Rockwell 6S (5)
Blade: Gillette 7 o’clock Yellow (2)
Brush: Alpha Outlaw
S Soap: Extro Cosmesi - The End

A perfectly smooth shave. Extro Cosmesi never disappoints. Lovely Brut homage scent, one of the best in my humble opinion.

SOTD.jpeg

Sotd-08-11-2022.png

@NeilJ - I share your affection for old-school Kent badger brushes. This BK2 was my first ever 'proper' brush - it still does the job despite the knot being done-in and floppier than a floppy thing. Much like me. :)

Karve Overlander alu on Karve Bradley alu handle, Semogue OC Mistura, Extro Legno Di Sandalo soap & splash. - cheers all - I.

Tue 8th November

The Grosvenor 404 mixed
Monsavon au lait
Schick E2- Canada,WW2 issue
NOS Schick S/S - Holland ( 2 )
Massimo Dutti A/S Lotion

This Razor when coupled with this NOS Dutch blade is delight to use. A lovely smooth and comfortable Shave with a super close all round finish, attained without a hint of mishap.

7BE1A896-9D5E-4598-B604-8C53D828B033.jpeg

8/11/22

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Brush - Yaqi 20mm
Soap - Cella Bio
Razor - Gillette Ball End Tech
Blade - Supermax Stainless (1)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Denim Original

My collection of DE blades has grown so large, I sometimes think whether it has become sentient and starting collecting blades of it's own accord. I found a Supermax Stainless blade that I have no absolutely idea where it came from, so I used it for today's shave. The Supermax Stainless is a very smooth blade, but not the sharpest blade, but it paired well enough with the BET, but I think I'd use the blade again in a razor with a bit more blade exposure for it's next outing. Nonetheless the shave was incredibly smooth and comfortable, with little irritation encountered during the shave or after when I put on the splash.

Have a good day gents.

IMG_20221108_120330.jpg

Tue 8th November

The Grosvenor 404 mixed
Monsavon au lait
Schick E2- Canada,WW2 issue
NOS Schick S/S - Holland ( 2 )
Massimo Dutti A/S Lotion

This Razor when coupled with this NOS Dutch blade is delight to use. A lovely smooth and comfortable Shave with a super close all round finish, attained without a hint of mishap.

View attachment 96039
+ 1 on the Monsavon au lait. One of my favourite shaving soaps.

Haslinger honey soap
SOC Cherrywood boar
TR Cadman ‘Bengall’ 5/8ths extra hollow
Gibbs adjustable
SMN Toscano AS

Not used a straight razor for over nine months so with a bit of trepidation completed a single pass without any blood, finished the second pass with the Gibbs merely as a touch up. Applied the smashing after shave as a precaution against any possible irritation.

Back
Top Bottom