SOTD: Saturday 5 - Friday 11 November 2022.

Monday November 7, 2022
Razor: Hawk V3
Blade: Feather Pro
Brush: Rubberset 400/Cashmere
Soap: HCSC Friday Night Lights
AS 1: Alcoholado Eucaliptino 70
AS 2: CHH Tobacco
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,462

Thank you one and all for the kind expressions. I didn't want to go back thru all to respond and clutter the thread and also would end up missing some. Dad passed away 6:48 Sunday evening. He will be missed but remembered fondly and every day.

I needed to transfer the remnants of soap into my copper bowl so as not to be chasing it around the tub sides. A few shaves left at the most after today's. Have a good day !
View attachment 95987View attachment 95988View attachment 95989
Screenshot_20220418-035903.png
Sorry for your loss Dave, my best wishes to you and your family.

Paul.

Monday November 7, 2022
Fragrance:

Thank you one and all for the kind expressions. I didn't want to go back thru all to respond and clutter the thread and also would end up missing some. Dad passed away 6:48 Sunday evening. He will be missed but remembered fondly and every day.

I needed to transfer the remnants of soap into my copper bowl so as not to be chasing it around the tub sides. A few shaves left at the most after today's. Have a good day !
My condolences Dave

Monday November 7, 2022
Fragrance:

Condolences to you and your family Dave

Monday November 7, 2022
Fragrance:

My Condolences for your loss , but I hope that release from suffering helps makes things easier for you.

Monday 7th
Razor: Fatip special edition with open comb head
Brush: Superdrug bristle
Soap: Razo-Rock XxX
Blade: Gillette silver blue stainless

I started the shave off without first wetting my face, sometimes I do this, sometimes I don’t, no science here guys. I quickly managed to achieve a very creamy and scented lather. The open comb seems to me to give a little more aggressive shave than the closed comb head so I used it lightly but it still left me with a few weepers for the alum block. I try to avoid getting a BBS finish on a daily basis but now 6 hours later I feel I might soon need another shave ( perhaps if I was going out tonight, which I’m not).
Have a nice evening fellas.

27A8060D-F09E-4341-A702-6825100EBBAA.jpeg

SOTD 07-Nov
20221107_101219 (1).jpg
Brush: C&H 'Strata Taper'
Soap: MdC Fougère
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: 7 O'Clock SP (2)

Excellent shave all around this morning, couple of days growth taken down effortlessly by the blackbird. The blackbird has been with me for over a year now, there are others that have come and gone but this still remains one of my constants. Wonderfully smooth and irritation free.

Hope everyone is having a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

7/11/22

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Brush - Yaqi 20mm
Soap - Lea Shaving Stick
Razor - Yaqi Cobbed
Blade - Supermax Blue Diamond (7)
Post - Lea 0%
AS - Brut Oceans

After yesterday's blood bath using the Yaqi Cobbed razor, I thought I would give the razor another go to see if I could use a better angle and with a lighter touch for a better shave, and I was successful. A close shave with little irritation and no weepers.

Have a good start to the week gents.

IMG_20221107_130414.jpg

07/11/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - RR 400 Plissoft
Soap - SSC Sandalwood
Razor - Colonial General V2
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - Proraso Red
Gen.JPG
A very nice shave this morning.
My condolences for your loss Dave @Dave in KY.
Stay safe and enjoy the evening all.

SotD

Nightdiver Barbershop S2 (Germany)- Shaving Brush
Areffasoap (Ukraine) Phantom of Kyiv - Shaving Soap.
New GreenCult 2.0 (Austria) with Base IV from IV (1.05mm/0.20mm) - Safey Razor
Astra Green (St. Petersburg) - Blade
Areffasoap (Ukraine) Phantom of Kyiv - After Shave

-

44661044tv.jpg

44661045on.jpg

44661046ww.jpg

44661048cv.jpg

44661050ly.jpg

44661051hs.jpg

And a shave in the afternoon for a change, and this one says 'good evening' with the theme, '1912. What a great year'

20221107_150757.jpg

1912 - Ever Ready 1912
1911 - GEM
1910 - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
1909 - Signature Soaps Londinium
1908 - T&H Grafton
2001 a space oddity - Floris Santal

'Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?'

Why indeed you may ask. Oh why oh why?

So impressed by the 1912 last night I decided to give it another run out this afternoon. And another superb shave, but why is it called the 1912? Just why?

Was it named after the year of the Titanic tragedy, which would be a bit strange after one of the worse maritime disasters in history? Except for me of course.

Or was it named after the year of the release of the first Disney cartoon with synchronised sound, 'Steamboat Willie'? Which was originally to be called after me, 'Steamboat Satan' but decided against on the grounds I wasn't actually born at the time. Disney actually released 'Steamboat Willie' in 1928 as Walt himself was only 11 in 1912 so they made a press statement giving everyone a 17 year pre-notice. Disney World at the time was a swing and a slide in Walt's parents back garden and was to all intent and purpose, a financial flop. No one had heard of Mickey Mouse at the time and it was cheaper to stay at home than attend a very small theme park which appeared to be based on mice and ducks.

Was there an Ever Ready 1913? We may never know as after 1924 they switched production to batteries, torches and vibrators and the history of their razors would be tossed aside in a wave of passionate toys.

'Can you hurry up with that Ever Ready EverRabbit love, I am gagging here!'

'I would my dear, if I could find the damn thing. The batteries in the torch have run out'

Anyone for a shave instead?

And here I am onwards of 100 years down the line using one of their pre-sex-toy implements to shave with. And boy oh boy what a cracking piece of kit it is. Have we come any further forward? Well, yes we have. But wherever we are in the shaving world the end aim remains the same. To be beautifully smooth and clean so that hopefully we don't need a torch and batteries. Except I find myself back at work with a crew of salty arsed sailors and other other dreams can go out the window for this evening thank you.

And a goodnight to you all from my crew

And a goodnight from these girls and their dildo waving fan base.....

Last edited:
B9C0780A-BCA1-4177-8015-590F1783273C.jpeg
SOTD: 07/11/2022

Razor: Hone 15
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Vintage, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Napoli
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: A&E Monte Carlo
Aftershave: A&E Monte Carlo Aftershave & Dior Savage EDT
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Another lovely shave from the Hone 15 and vintage Wilkinson’s. There’s something about this razor that just makes for a lovely relaxing shave and start to the day. The Yaqi tuxedo knot is lovely and soft and creates fantastic lather with ease, it’s fair to say I’m a synthetic fan. All in all a great start to the day!

Back
Top Bottom