SOTD: Saturday 5 - Friday 11 November 2022.

There's nowt better than the 1912 ... and some other things.

Super razor, innit.

Now, I know that you know that Ever-Ready (brand name of ASR) and Ever Ready (batteries) were completely different and entirely unrelated outfits, but here's a fun twist of fate ... decades on, they came together under the Energizer brand briefly before ASR spun off as part of Edgewell Personal Care.

But ... fate put them together decades earlier with this personal item.

AL9nZEVQbiCyShpmbLrLCf2G1sPUEp62Rc2bU8JgkKlOdirn2RDI5t682aEAt04Wqo_A4uFPVmLF4Ie9IlXoAbZJblf8YpFg3wpAgkcKCrx1SpOQ8r862ZSfJpZt1Z5mB1-tEb8v1ei01z1LEjN6QEFbt2nrKA=w1200

Yep! It's a 1912 on a torch. Notice the Ever-Ready & Ever Ready logos on the box?

"Electric torch AND safety razor"? What a time to be alive!

Monday November 7, 2022
Razor: Hawk V3
Blade: Feather Pro
Brush: Rubberset 400/Cashmere
Soap: HCSC Friday Night Lights
AS 1: Alcoholado Eucaliptino 70
AS 2: CHH Tobacco
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,462

Thank you one and all for the kind expressions. I didn't want to go back thru all to respond and clutter the thread and also would end up missing some. Dad passed away 6:48 Sunday evening. He will be missed but remembered fondly and every day.

I needed to transfer the remnants of soap into my copper bowl so as not to be chasing it around the tub sides. A few shaves left at the most after today's. Have a good day !
View attachment 95987View attachment 95988View attachment 95989
Sorry for your loss Dave. God bless.

Super razor, innit.

Now, I know that you know that Ever-Ready (brand name of ASR) and Ever Ready (batteries) were completely different and entirely unrelated outfits, but here's a fun twist of fate ... decades on, they came together under the Energizer brand briefly before ASR spun off as part of Edgewell Personal Care.

AL9nZEVQbiCyShpmbLrLCf2G1sPUEp62Rc2bU8JgkKlOdirn2RDI5t682aEAt04Wqo_A4uFPVmLF4Ie9IlXoAbZJblf8YpFg3wpAgkcKCrx1SpOQ8r862ZSfJpZt1Z5mB1-tEb8v1ei01z1LEjN6QEFbt2nrKA=w1200

Yep! It's a 1912 on a torch. Notice the Ever-Ready & Ever Ready logos on the box?

Looks like it could be the first and ultimate multi use sex-toy-torch-razor, just need a heated handle for winter use natch. :oops:

Super razor, innit.

When this was made, not many people had electricity throughout the home. Usually a light and a socket in the livingroom.
So for night shaving a torch razor was a godsend.
I might be talking shite but that seems to be the best reason for the torch shaver, brighter than a candle or an oil lamp.

Super razor, innit.

Love it. Right out of the world of multi-tool inventiveness. The mind boggles over its many possible functions.

I bet you that one must be as rare as they come.

Super razor, innit.

Interesting bit of history regarding the Ever Ready brands. Thanks for shining a light on this.

SOTD: 8th November 2022.

7.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Squeezed Mandarin & Sandalwood Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Semogue 1470.
Face Lather.
Lather: Scottish Fine Classic Shaving Soap.
Blade: Treet 7 Days Platinum. (D3)
Razor: Snmirn Adjustable. (settings) 4-wtg,8, -atg,- pick-ups.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Benjamins Mentholated Bay Rum. /Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

Once in a while i get what i consider a BBS shave, this morning was one of those shaves. Snmirn Adj / T7DP made a superb combo mowing through my stubble with effortless ease.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick-ups close comfortable BBS shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Wilko Men's ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
SOTD: 08/11/2022

Razor: Gillette 1956 B1 USA Blue Tip
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue, 2nd use
Brush: Kent H8 Best Badger
Bowl: Face Lather
Soap: Lea Shaving Soap Stick
Aftershave: Fine Italian Citrus Aftershave
Balm: Stirling Lemon Chill Balm
Additional Care: 1959 Rock And Roll
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Not Too Bad At All

So this weeks theme is through the decades. Starting today I will be trying to match the razor and possibly soap if I can to the relevant decade (this is not an exact science).

Today we jump to the 1950's with the Gillette blue tip. Shaving stick today and a badger brush in keeping with the times.

7B0D928C-DB4C-43FB-83DF-F7C80358314A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom