SOTD: Saturday 5 - Friday 11 November 2022.

Sunday 6th November

AL9nZEUBUMrCSIbKuGLJTaFFUhZ_9gDM3wzAY0Ga3GBKMjlNAs0eCS2Fym3Xe3Nzzv35DSqi0F-Zme6gbr6E06BDwBc7CcsDrafTJB6dSlD-tCN0ztoMWqtOvsb2PMf_4GTZPAmfZtfjVzCuO2wfE8qaCen3ag=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Tabac Original (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & Vie-Long American Style w/Haryali Synthetic 22mm
Yaqi AC (V3) & Feather Professional (11)
Tabac Original (Vintage) Aftershave

Sunday November 6, 2022
Razor: Blackbird Ti
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Vintage Burma Boar
Soap: HCSC Friday Night Lights
AS 1: Alcoholado Eucaliptino 70
AS 2: CFG Ghost Town Barber
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,461

Today I was going to mark my since keeping track, 4 years wthout missing a shave. 4 years would include a leap year so 365 x 4 + 1 = 1,461. I had hoped to use some of my favorite equipment and do a video. On Friday afternoon my Dad (Stepdad but more a father than my father was) had an accident. He has relied on machines and medicine to keep him alive while sedated. At 84 with all the physical injuries even if he pulled thru it would likely not end well. His brain hemmorages are progressing and due to location are inoperable. They do not expect him to make it thru and the decision to let nature take it's course has been decided by the family and will be passed on to the staff today. I tried to do as intended for my shave but as I stood andwas selecting what to use my heart was not in it and I selected yesterdays exact same setup. Sorry to be a downer but today took everything to power thru and shave....no pic or video. This one was for you Dad........HUG your loved ones tight today !
My thoughts are with you & your family Dave.
All the very best to you all at this difficult time

15DC5517-2EA8-48C9-A2A2-F7A439B8393F.jpeg

Head and face shave

Giles Shaving Bowl
Leaf (Astra SP 3)
Twig Thorn (Astra SP 2)
Kent AP8
Proraso Green
Homemade witch hazel with glycerin, peppermint, lavender and tea tree essential oils
L’Occitane Original Balm
Molton Brown Tobacco Absolute EDT

Lovely shave this evening with a rare runout for the Kent AP8, what a wonderful knot it is (love my Kent brushes) although the handle can get a little slippery when bowl lathering.

Echo all the sentiments that have been said regarding D and B.

Have a relaxing evening all.

Today's shave and complete with the theme, 'Big ZZZZZZZ's'

20221106_164053.jpg
Zazor - Ever Ready 1912
Zlade - GEM
Zrush - Hive-2
Zoap - Officina Artigiana
Zcent - M&S Bergamot and basil

'When you said you were going to play your organ with two hands I was quite impressed.... for a while'

Although it is not used enough the 1912 always manages to produce great results with minimum fuss and collateral damage. I can't recall ever giving myself a bad cut or nick with it and yet it looks as if it should.

So wonderful end results and with a splash of Hazel, a massage of Simple, happiness prevails. And the 'I forgot how nice it is' M&S Bergamot just put that final polished edge to this evening's sink time.

Big Z's as an early start for a long day

Have a lovely week ahead you damn fine folk.

Japanese girlies? Indeed

Razor = Karve CB Aluminium ( C )
Blade = Voskhod ( 3 )
Brush = Zenith Barberpole Boar
Soap = Mammoth Hygge with matching balm
Splash = Nivea 2 Phase64F8946D-CF94-40B7-B941-3C61397489FF.jpegCracking day off today & a lovely relaxing 3 pass shave which is pretty much standard for me.
This Hygge is one of my favourite barber shop scents & performance to match.
The brush i don’t use very often but should really as it’s super good at whipping up a lovely lather in seconds.
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe Boys

Razor: Razoroc Gamechanger CC .64
Soap: Southern Witchcraft Samhain
Splash Southern Witchcraft Samhain
Brush: Simpson Duke 3
Blade: Bic Chrome (1)

It's been a bit over a week since I last shaved due to an unrelated face cut. Just a WTG cut today as it was quite tuggy and uncomfortable getting rid of that long stubble, although it still cut through easily enough. For its dimensions the GC is quite aggressive especially compared to the other razors I've been using recently, so I'll need to take a bit more care tomorrow. Last call for the Samhain too before it goes away for another year. 20221106_234726.jpg

Back
Top Bottom