SOTD: Saturday 29 October - Friday 4 November 2022.

Tuesday 1st November
Triceratops Deluxe 3D - GEM Stainless Coated #2 - Hampshire Wool Fat No2 - Yaqi Sagrada Familia - Boots Freshwood AS - Aloe Vera Gel
2qCQ2yO.jpg

Moka Express synth
RR Hawk SS v3 with the A plate
Feather Pro (8)
RR Tuscan Oud
Creightons balm, no frag.

Having done a 16h day yesterday til 2am and was woken up by the neighbours mental yappy dog at 530, I needed a simple and reliable fuss free start.

One of the strongest scented soaps I've encountered, rather sweet but I like it. A smooth and efficient shave, could have got away with 2 passes probably but I can never leave it there.
20221101_091354.jpg

Last edited:
1 November

Geo F Trumper Eucris
Blackland Signature
Blackland Blackbird
Treet Platinum
Geo F Trumper skin food

E7C4A568-C3AB-4292-BA8E-C3FAEE7A3374.jpeg
I have been reading of members having problems with the Trumper’s Eucris soap. I experienced the same problems with Trufit and Hill shaving soap a while back, it was useless. The only traditional hard (edit) British soap I buy now is D R Harris, which is good stuff (so far). The Trumper’s shaving cream, on the other hand is excellent, and this morning contributed to another great shave with the Blackbird. Smooth and comfortable.

Last edited:
I have been reading of members having problems with the Trumper’s Eucris soap. I experienced the same problems with Trufit and Hill shaving soap a while back, it was useless. The only British soap I buy now is D R Harris, which is good stuff (so far). The Trumper’s shaving cream, on the other hand is excellent, and this morning contributed to another great shave with the Blackbird. Smooth and comfortable.

Trumpers caught my attention again recently as they had a reformulation (certainly since the puck I bought back in 2015? 2016?). I was excited by this because T&H had a similar terrible reputation but also had a reformulation recently and their current soap is superb! Really superb! In fact, I'm going to shave with it tonight. Alas, Trumpers reformulation somehow made it worse ... at least the last puck just didn't lather; their current formulation is anti-lather! Their creams certainly work well.

I certainly agree the D R Harris hard soaps are very nice.

Trumpers caught my attention again recently as they had a reformulation (certainly since the puck I bought back in 2015? 2016?). I was excited by this because T&H had a similar terrible reputation but also had a reformulation recently and their current soap is superb! Really superb! In fact, I'm going to shave with it tonight. Alas, Trumpers reformulation somehow made it worse ... at least the last puck just didn't lather; their current formulation is anti-lather! Their creams certainly work well.

I certainly agree the D R Harris hard soaps are very nice.
Thanks @pjgh that’s very interesting, I will have to try the new T&H formulation, when I need some more shaving soap :ROFLMAO:. I really liked the 1805 scent.

Sorry @BrianH I was really referencing the three T’s, your soaps are, of course, some of the best I’ve ever used.

Back from Amsterdam, 1st of the month, soon be Christmas :eek:

Brush: Kent bristle
Soap: TOBS Sandalwood
Razor: Fatip Special Edition, (thanks Kevy(y))
Blade: PolSilver Super Iridium

Used the Fatip with the solid bar head today will try the open comb tomorrow. Super smooth and easy razor to use, the short handle really comfortable in my small hands. A winner for me!
Have a great day fellas

7D83B6C1-D4EA-435E-B8FE-CB1FB20F45F3.jpeg

It does if he means for drinking, overly soft water isn't necessarily very good tasting. Which is why "bottled *mineral* water" is a thing. Soft water is good for lathering, you need less shampoo for example in a soft water area, but for drinking purposes there is more to it than soft good hard bad. Especially coffee, which tastes quite different under 80mg/l and which is bad news for your coffee machine over about 150mg/l.
For shaving I don't think it's much of a big deal, if you live in a hard water area you maybe just have to load the brush a little more.

AF744F72-7DDA-4DA6-8BF8-E907B841D9F4.jpeg
SOTD: 01/11/2022

Razor: Tatara Masamune
Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel, 2nd use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E Shaving Butter - Cashmere Velvet Puck
Balm: Ariana & Evans Rice Water Serum - Cashmere Velvet
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

I got the matching serum to the A&E shaving butter yesterday and like the soap it’s a revelation! I’m not sure if it’s discontinued now but it’s a balm/serum and the scent is outstanding!
Enjoy the day guys.

01/11/22
Soft water shower - Ugh!
Mühle Lge Classic Silvertip Synth
Palmolive Stick "Pipe-bomb"
Blutt BR-1 - 0.86
Personna Med Prep
Cold water Rinse
Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
Body Shop Arber EDT
Wk 44 (4).JPG
A great shave again today, Regardless.
A bit more about the water, the Lodge we are staying at is not on mains water and has its own source which feels slimy.
Yes, Cumbrian mains water is soft and is great for lathering, however, i would not drink it as it just does not quench my thirst. My local water is mineral rich and quite hard. Its a preference thing.
There is 1 Tap in the property attached to a pot filter which is deemed safe for drinking, no thanks, the rest are from the local source, straight off the fells i think - 10Ltrs mineral water bought for tea / coffee and drinking.
I've showered with it and it is just feels nasty, its like bathing in fabric softener, the soap just does not want to rinse off. Skin feels good though once you manage to dry yourself off.
I suppose if Cumbrians came over to my side they would think they are bathing in freezing cold acid;).
Anyway,
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom