SOTD: Saturday 29 October - Friday 4 November 2022.

31 /10 22
Whoo - hoo - hoo - Whoo - Hu - Hoo
WTF
Anyway
Pre - Face wash
Brush - Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger - #1 chipped handle travel brush
Soap - Lea Stick
Razor - Gillette Tech Travel set Black Bi-Fold
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Body Shop Arber EDT
View attachment 95651
This Tech is very special to me, rarely used. It was found by my sister along with a couple of other Dads things in Mam's vanity case when she passed. I do hope it was something he used on holiday but cannot confirm, to me it looks un-used. MIE heavy handle.
I used the Lea stick crayon style this morning and the stubble really picked up the soap. Now then, this water over in Cumbria is soft, we brought drinking water as it is too soft for us over here.
Shaving wise, everything feels slippy, i ended up doing a Coco t' clown juggling act during the second pass to stop me from dropping the Duke II again. All was well and i managed to catch it.
Loads of lather held in the brush from tip dipping and working up a nice face lather.
The Tech is a great bit of kit - No such thing as aggressive to mild then.
3 passes left me smoother than a balloon. My Dad had stubble like stair-rods and shaved twice a day, the Tech was his tool of choice.
A nice post shave and we have had a nice day out exploring our surroundings, the place we are staying at is so quiet, just what WE needed, however, poor Ruby is a bit unnerved by the gushing stream running around the property so i had a bit of a stressful night last night, after a long hilly walk she is flat out in her bed and i will stay with her through the night. i do hope she settles.
Bottles of Red 1 - 1 Tony'schin.
She is going in the bath next poor little bugger.
Anyway,
Bring on Boris Karloff and Don Chaney for a black and white horror fest.
Stay safe and enjoy your day (and night) all
I just love hearing about people that have family heirloom pieces, congrats Tony and hope you both can have an enjoyable and relaxing vaca.

Monday AM 2022-10-31
Halloween (All Hallows' Eve)
JxDqtza.jpg

Rooney 3/1 Ivory Finest (22/50)
Crabtree & Evelyn Mysore Sandalwood shaving cream (vintage)
LASSC BBS-1
Iridium Super (11)
Aramis aftershave (vintage)
FpbmcZq.jpg

712A0E39-FFD6-495A-9544-FD8FBE31D360.jpeg

Merkur 34C | Gillette Super Blue | Hand-carved Ash with 26mm Cashmere | Seaside Soap & Skincare Pine, Vetiver & Patchouli | Quorum AS | RSC Balm​

4D99F03A-B73A-4DAF-9D03-4A972DC50563.jpeg
Last week, the tired old boar knot fell out of my ash handle as I was shaking excess water out. It had almost ten years sterling service behind it and although I could have just tidied things up and glued the old piggy back in, I felt like a change. Cue a 26mm Cashmere knot set fairly deep. Absolutely perfick!

Last edited:
View attachment 95657

Merkur 34C | Gillette Super Blue | Hand-carved Ash with 26mm Cashmere | Seaside Soap & Skincare Pine, Vetiver & Patchouli | Quorum AS | RSC Balm​

View attachment 95658
Last week, the tired old boar knot fell out of my ash handle as I was shaking excess water out. It had almost ten years sterling service behind it and although I could have just tied things up and glued it back in, I felt like a change. Cue a 26mm Cashmere knot set fairly deep. Absolutely perfick!
Lovely photos!

Monday 31st October

AL9nZEUlGXxb8gUUOIk4R_UxOw9WKl9KNAJQMLtaHBzq4b-SSSgghTbDv3r7AUFB4n_Oi_lpp3nl97eACoyKuDu-mcNGm9QGXvN8TX5z_p6DRK2H9IFLYtMWKjoDweBJMM0rgYFT9bdGiomlwkk5ZKejV5enpA=w700-h664-no

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Trumpers Eucrasmic Shaving Bowl & Muhle Silvertipe Fibre 23mm
Gillette Fusion (Limited Edition) & Gillette Fusion ProGlide (11)
Brut Attraction Totale Aftershave

Those fiends (yes, fiends ... no, better capitalised Fiends) over at Trumpers tricked us. Those fiends tricked us into thinking they sold a hard shaving soap, not least one in the Eucris scent. What, in fact, they are selling is a soap which is utterly incapable of sustaining a lather and one which leaves a smeary glycerine mush on the face within less than a minute ... not even suitable for bath soap. Fiends!

But, they do treat us with a lovely wooden bowl ... especially so with Eucris.

I tried ... I really tried. I've cut it with equal parts Palmolive (some years ago) and recently went all the way to two parts LEA to one part Eucris shaving soap in the hope of generating anything suitable for shaving. Nope! So, I'm going the other way about it.

I cleaned the bowl out, gave it a bit of a sanding on the inside so as to remove the black paint generally which does leech into the soap and gave a generous splash of Eucris EDT and left it overnight to permeate into the wood. I fine grated my Erasmic shaving soap (which has an equally deathly scent) and pressed it into the bowl.

Eurcrasmic! It is cosmically (comically?) Eucrasmic!

The Eucris scent is absolutely there ... and the Erasmic takes on an interesting behaviour. The Erasmic scent is still there, but somehow the Eucris has tamed whatever the heck the scent is and revealed something much more floral which overall gives a much lighter experience for a shaving soap, where Eucris alone could be just a tad too cloying.

It is halloween, so I had to give some horror ... which comes in the ghastly form of the Gillette Fusion. Five blades slashing!

Feeling suave now, with a splash of Brut Attraction Totale which is certainly a good match for my Dracula meets The Wolfman soapal monster!

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Weber ARC
Blade: Vokshod
Brush: Brad Sears Archduke 26/50 2-Band Manchurian
Soap: Declaration Grooming: Gratiot League Square (Milksteak)

oh my days! that was a rough shave, I think a dull buck knife would have been better. The only saving grace of that shave was the fact that the milksteak base saved my face. Yep, the Declaration Grooming Milksteak soap really stepped up to save that shave.

D7C586C8-D58F-4A19-9C1F-6F683B85E3FD.jpeg
SOTD: 31/10/2022

Razor: Tatara Masamune
Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel, 1st use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: A&E Vida Puck
Aftershave: A&E Vida Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A superb shave from the razor and soap! To think I was contemplating moving this on! I love the scent and it’s going nowhere!
Have a great evening guys!

A4923217-54C7-4A8C-9BA0-DF696D4DD225.jpeg

Simpson Chubby 1 Super
Rockwell 6C (3)
Polsiver Łódź (2)
P&B Night Witch
Thayer’s Cucumber witch hazel
OSP Sandalwood a/s

I’m going to give a good go at getting through this soap in the next few months. Time to get through my over large collection, and this has been in the rotation for a few years.

Enjoy yours gents.

Monday 31st October

AL9nZEUlGXxb8gUUOIk4R_UxOw9WKl9KNAJQMLtaHBzq4b-SSSgghTbDv3r7AUFB4n_Oi_lpp3nl97eACoyKuDu-mcNGm9QGXvN8TX5z_p6DRK2H9IFLYtMWKjoDweBJMM0rgYFT9bdGiomlwkk5ZKejV5enpA=w700-h664-no

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Trumpers Eucrasmic Shaving Bowl & Muhle Silvertipe Fibre 23mm
Gillette Fusion (Limited Edition) & Gillette Fusion ProGlide (11)
Brut Attraction Totale Aftershave

Those fiends (yes, fiends ... no, better capitalised Fiends) over at Trumpers tricked us. Those fiends tricked us into thinking they sold a hard shaving soap, not least one in the Eucris scent. What, in fact, they are selling is a soap which is utterly incapable of sustaining a lather and one which leaves a smeary glycerine mush on the face within less than a minute ... not even suitable for bath soap. Fiends!

But, they do treat us with a lovely wooden bowl ... especially so with Eucris.

I tried ... I really tried. I've cut it with equal parts Palmolive (some years ago) and recently went all the way to two parts LEA to one part Eucris shaving soap in the hope of generating anything suitable for shaving. Nope! So, I'm going the other way about it.

I cleaned the bowl out, gave it a bit of a sanding on the inside so as to remove the black paint generally which does leech into the soap and gave a generous splash of Eucris EDT and left it overnight to permeate into the wood. I fine grated my Erasmic shaving soap (which has an equally deathly scent) and pressed it into the bowl.

Eurcrasmic! It is cosmically (comically?) Eucrasmic!

The Eucris scent is absolutely there ... and the Erasmic takes on an interesting behaviour. The Erasmic scent is still there, but somehow the Eucris has tamed whatever the heck the scent is and revealed something much more floral which overall gives a much lighter experience for a shaving soap, where Eucris alone could be just a tad too cloying.

It is halloween, so I had to give some horror ... which comes in the ghastly form of the Gillette Fusion. Five blades slashing!

Feeling suave now, with a splash of Brut Attraction Totale which is certainly a good match for my Dracula meets The Wolfman soapal monster!

Absolutely love the photo with the effects.

Back
Top Bottom