SOTD: Saturday 29 October - Friday 4 November 2022.

SOTD: 29th October 2022.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Squeezed Mandarin & Sandalwood Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Semogue 830.
Face Lather.
Lather: Proraso Sandalwood & Shea Butter Shaving Soap.
Razor: Muhle R41. (2013) (Face) -Treet 7 Day Platinum. (D1)
Razor: Schick G type Injector (Head/ Dome) - Personna PTFE SS Injector. (D1)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Pashana Original ASL. / L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave.)

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend.... I was curious to revisit the T7DP as it's been a while since i last shaved with them.
WOW! another great razor and blade match. I forgot how efficient & sharp the T7DP are. They are another almost near feather hi stainless in sharpness. The smoothness of these blades is especially good and paired with the assertive Muhle R41 wonderfully making a smooth efficient duo.

Now that i have much required shaving confidence and my technique has vastly improved i can now pair the R41 with assertive DE blades and get a close comfortable shave without being afraid to shave with it without the fear of my shave ending in a blood shaving massacre. Good technique and shaving confidence are the key to comfortable error-free shaves.

I really like Proraso Sandalwood & Shea Butter soap it never fails to provide an acceptable lather with aa excellent sandalwood scent which is my favourite of all the sandalwood soaps & creams i have tried.

The Schick G Type Injector fitted with a fresh Personna PTFE SS Injector blade provided me with a smooth effortless head/dome shave.

A close comfortable face & head shave with errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
CCBA086E-9521-433F-8CAC-FB36A80AFB8F.jpeg
SOTD: 29/10/2022

Razor: Shield Avenger
Blade: Feather Pro, 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Napoli
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Stirling Campania Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Campania EDT
Balm: Bart's Balm BEN KILBRECK Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Well this is unexpected but this razor for me is almost perfect! Efficient yet smooth, 3days in a row and no skin irritation, just a slight tingle with alum, hits all my hard to shave, under nose, adam’s apple, flabby neck area BBS each time! It’s actually made me slightly question my hunt for a Vector, as I’ve never tried it and I’m not how much more of a better shave I could get!
Enjoy the weekend guys.

SOTD: 29/10/2022

Razor: Razorock Hawk V2
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink SE, 4th use
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3 Sovereign Grade
Bowl: Captains Choice Heavyweight Copper Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Red Sandalwood Cream
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts Autumn Ash Croap
Aftershave: Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb EDT
Balm: Southern Witchcrafts Autumn Ash Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of An Italian Opera Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Devine

Autumn is here, clocks change tomorrow and it's raining. On the plus side it's only about 8 weeks until the nights start drawing out again.

On the double plus side I had a fantastic shave. I'm enjoying the change is using the ultralight aluminium Hawk.

6F5DE5F8-A2C4-4F8C-9EBC-C51B7DD1F256.jpeg

yI0y7ex.png
Saturday 10.29.22
RAZOR: Charcoal Goods Everyday Brass
BLADE: Perma-Sharp Super
BRUSH: AP Shave Co. 24mm Synbad Fan Synthetic
LATHER: JabonMan Eufros Tobacco Shaving Soa

29/10/2022

pre: splash'a'Water
Soap&Bowl: Wilkinson Sword Blue tub
Razor: Parker 55-SL-GR
Blade: Astra green
Brush: Wilkinson Sword boar (re handled in a black shiny doofer)
Post: splash of cold water and then some aftershave balm stuff, (t'one wit dragons blood in it.... )

Perfectly acceptable shave fir a Saturday morning.

Sat 29 SOTD
Soap Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Dorko 43 Near Wedge
Aftershave Stirling Iced Pineapple Splash
Happy with the nice creamy & slick lather from the soap, refreshing scent & cooling sensation...enhanced by the matching splash. Love this badger brush for sure...feels so good on the face!
A very enjoyable and satisfying shave with this razor today. The edge is soft, smooth, and very efficient. 3passes for a dfs-ccs finish...
20221029_110244.jpg

Sotd-29-09-22.png

Karve Overlander alu, Treet Platinum, Simpson Chubb 1 best, A&E Turkish Coffee soap and splash.

I can't avoid the fact that I'm allergic to something in this soap and splash. Bummer. I've never before had a reaction to a product - I don't consider myself to have sensitive skin in any way shape or form. It had to be this fcuking one! The closest to provoking irritation previously was Extro Egyptian Oud - I think just because it is so highly perfumed as a percentage of the base. Within a couple of minutes of starting to face lather with the Turkish Coffee I get a burning sensation that borders on painful. It goes immediately upon rinsing and then starts again with pass two and so on - same thing with the splash. It must be a perfume ingredient - I have never had an issue with A&E soap bases before - quite the opposite, for me they are superb. Among the best. Annoyingly, my skin is perfect - soft and supple - after using it, no redness or other indication of a reaction. I say again - bummer. The scent is fantastic - as you would expect from A&E - opening with wet coffee grinds, developing to a sweet, thick, cardamon infused final lather. Gorgeous. The splash is even better - much more complex and pronounced, it lingers for an age. My other half loved it on me - an immediate 'purr, purr - you smell nice.' Oh well - coming to BST soon. Shame. - have better shaves all - cheers - I.

Saturday 29th October

Zenith 27mm Manchurian - Culmak - Focus R28 Slim Al/Treet New Steel - Bond Classic AS

Culmak really is a very nice soap. I am surprised I don't see it more in use. I am still working my way through my collection of Focus shavettes. I have them all...bar the Gold offering which I may have to source at some time!
3 passes for an almost perfect result:)

Back
Top Bottom