SOTD: Saturday 29 October - Friday 4 November 2022.

IMG_20221029_123433_8.jpg
SOTD 29 October

Razor - Schick F Type.
Blade - Schick - Japan
Soap - GFT Eucris cream
Brush - Alpha Bulldog 28mm silvertip
Post - Eucris GFT skin food
Frag - GFT Eucris Edt & Edp

I've been looking forward to shaving with this beautiful razor and I was not left disappointed.
Whilst being mild it was very efficient and left me with super smooth skin and a big smile on my face! :)
The Alpha Bulldog brush soon whipped up a wonderful lather for me to work with.
To finish off this lovely shave I applied my GFT skin food followed by the Eucris Edt & Edp, perfect! :cool:

I hope you all have a great weekend but let's be careful out there!

Paul.

View attachment 95571
SOTD 29 October

Razor - Schick F Type.
Blade - Schick - Japan
Soap - GFT Eucris cream
Brush - Alpha Bulldog 28mm silvertip
Post - Eucris GFT skin food
Frag - GFT Eucris Edt & Edp

I've been looking forward to shaving with this beautiful razor and I was not left disappointed.
Whilst being mild it was very efficient and left me with super smooth skin and a big smile on my face! :)
The Alpha Bulldog brush soon whipped up a wonderful lather for me to work with.
To finish off this lovely shave I applied my GFT skin food followed by the Eucris Edt & Edp, perfect! :cool:

I hope you all have a great weekend but let's be careful out there!

Paul.

Lovely picture and razor Paul, that razor really is one of the most beautiful vintage razors I've come across.

29/10/22

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Soap - Derby Stick
Brush - Omega 10075
Razor - Personna Star
Blade - Silver Star (1)
Post - Alum/Witch Hazel
AS - Brut Oceans

Another first outing of a vintage razor, but not quite as dramatic as Paul's SOTD! Yesterday I took delivery of a Personna Star razor which I'd been looking for a while. The razor itself is incredible light, I think it is a zamak top cap, with an aluminium handle. It felt very lightweight in the hand during the shave, I think I will pair the razor with a slightly heavier handle for it's next outing.
As it was made by the Star company, it seemed appropriate to pair the razor with a new Silver Star blade (made by Lord), I've seen some old Silver Star blades on sale which I presume were also made by Star.
How did the razor perform? I'd say not a million miles from the Gilette Techs I own, but the Personna Star razor was very smooth and quite mild, I think I'd have used a slightly sharper blade maybe a Gillette Nacet for it's next outing. The shave was a very smooth and comfortable one, spare nicking the side of my mouth which took a bit of alum to stop bleeding. Overall, a much more enjoyable shave than the horrible one I had yesterday!

Have a good weekend Gents and remember the clocks go back an hour tonight!

IMG_20221029_125115.jpg

Lovely picture and razor Paul, that razor really is one of the most beautiful vintage razors I've come across.

29/10/22

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Soap - Derby Stick
Brush - Omega 10075
Razor - Personna Star
Blade - Silver Star (1)
Post - Alum/Witch Hazel
AS - Brut Oceans

Another first outing of a vintage razor, but not quite as dramatic as Paul's SOTD! Yesterday I took delivery of a Personna Star razor which I'd been looking for a while. The razor itself is incredible light, I think it is a zamak top cap, with an aluminium handle. It felt very lightweight in the hand during the shave, I think I will pair the razor with a slightly heavier handle for it's next outing.
As it was made by the Star company, it seemed appropriate to pair the razor with a new Silver Star blade (made by Lord), I've seen some old Silver Star blades on sale which I presume were also made by Star.
How did the razor perform? I'd say not a million miles from the Gilette Techs I own, but the Personna Star razor was very smooth and quite mild, I think I'd have used a slightly sharper blade maybe a Gillette Nacet for it's next outing. The shave was a very smooth and comfortable one, spare nicking the side of my mouth which took a bit of alum to stop bleeding. Overall, a much more enjoyable shave than the horrible one I had yesterday!

Have a good weekend Gents and remember the clocks go back an hour tonight!

View attachment 95572
Thank you Shubs, it is certainly one of the better looking Schick injector razor's and it shaves wonderfully.
Thanks for the head's up regarding the clocks going back tonight, I would have forgotten! :)

Paul.

29 October

Wickham 1912 Apricus
Simpson M7
Karve Christopher Bradley
Gillette Silver Blue
Bart’s Balm Ben Kilbreck

38E0B4E5-1A6E-4409-AA2E-9825908128BA.jpeg
Another great shave with the Karve brass razor, smooth and close. The Simpson brush is just wonderful, soft yet resilient, and easily created a superb lather with the ever reliable Wickham’s soap. The Bart’s Ben Kilbreck is definitely a favourite balm and it has a lovely scent too.

29/10/22
Single Edge Saturday
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine"
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Blue Resin Silvertip
Soap - OSP Spirits
Razor - Feather DX ACD-N
Blade - Feather Lights
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
A/S - Avon Shaving Brush "Wild Country"
Wk 44 (1).JPG
I did enjoy that, It has taken a while for me to be confident with this little razor, i initially found it a struggle to hold the small handle in the fingers and to confidently roll the razor in use for different angles with my Gorillas mitts, i do seem to be getting there now.
A wonderful face lather with this very full, dense brush. It feels great on the face.
I completed a WTG/ATG pass with a little touch up here and there for a very nice DFS+ finish. The Light Blade really taming the razor for me. I may need to start using some other blades in it now my confidence is up, although i could happily shave with this razor/blade combo.
A nice post shave routine setting me up for the day ahead.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Saturday

As I was using samples yesterday, still had some Mitchell's Wool Fat in the bottom of my bowl. Added a tad more and whipped up an absolute ton of lather. Very impressed with the MWF.

Final day for this vintage Perma sharp blade, 6 shaves isn't bad going at all. 2 and a half passes, some areas just didn't need another pass. Droid black was the first splash to hand so got used.

Have a good weekend

Attachments

• IMG_20221029_125938__01.jpg
    IMG_20221029_125938__01.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 8
Saturday 29th October

Cream • Dior Eau Sauvage Shave Cream
Brush • Simpson Trafalgar T3
Razor • Merkur Futur
Blade • Voskhod (1)
Post • Dior Eau Sauvage Aftershave
Scent • Dior Eau Sauvage Extreme EdT

Voskhod blades were a bonus gift with a purchase from @LeeMaz it was good to meet you today Lee. (For those who haven't met him in person, he is a very nice chap!)
I haven't used these blades for well over a year, and I can't remember the last time I used my Futur? (A razor that came up in conversation with Lee today.)
This is one of those razors that you either like or you don't. Some say it's too aggressive, others that it's too bulky and cumbersome. I suppose by today's standards it is a bit on the large side, and it's definitely heavy. Used sensibly, it delivers first class shaves.
This Dior shave cream isn't about to win any awards for the lather it produces. But, a couple of drops of glycerine added to the mix makes it better and perfectly usable.
It would be a shame not to keep it, as the scent is very nice.

Last edited:
BY1NLZe.jpg

3rd shave on this superb Treet blade.
I rarely use a boar brush, but today I used this lil' dandy.
I want to see if this Treet 7 days Platinum will go for seven shaves.

View attachment 95557

Karve Overlander alu, Treet Platinum, Simpson Chubb 1 best, A&E Turkish Coffee soap and splash.

I can't avoid the fact that I'm allergic to something in this soap and splash. Bummer. I've never before had a reaction to a product - I don't consider myself to have sensitive skin in any way shape or form. It had to be this fcuking one! The closest to provoking irritation previously was Extro Egyptian Oud - I think just because it is so highly perfumed as a percentage of the base. Within a couple of minutes of starting to face lather with the Turkish Coffee I get a burning sensation that borders on painful. It goes immediately upon rinsing and then starts again with pass two and so on - same thing with the splash. It must be a perfume ingredient - I have never had an issue with A&E soap bases before - quite the opposite, for me they are superb. Among the best. Annoyingly, my skin is perfect - soft and supple - after using it, no redness or other indication of a reaction. I say again - bummer. The scent is fantastic - as you would expect from A&E - opening with wet coffee grinds, developing to a sweet, thick, cardamon infused final lather. Gorgeous. The splash is even better - much more complex and pronounced, it lingers for an age. My other half loved it on me - an immediate 'purr, purr - you smell nice.' Oh well - coming to BST soon. Shame. - have better shaves all - cheers - I.

What rotten luck. - I

PM incoming

P

Saturday 29th October

AL9nZEVEGUeLHK-lR3C-1r1yfCU1nl_EasAKRnNgme10nGcIql8LU_Op3ytawoObLm8MUsd-s6Ma9PMwtoVA1l4qV6P-TnERAjajtfO7hp_FCPow2hLAPbTMviQ2-rW7E7-q0-U5U9QDoqKwW2BFrbaSrO6m0Q=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Boots Albany (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & Kent Infinity+
GEM (Made in England) 1912 & GEM by Personna (6)
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

Enjoying what appears to be an odd 1912 ...

It's a GEM but Made in England. Odd, because 1912s in Britain were under the Ever-Ready banner and GEM predominantly an American brand. This razor also has a bakelite handle. Surely aftermarket? Nah!

AL9nZEWPHAZK8APewAH-2UYqZYwiC4-3tNihmIX1kkhWLeXpCI4B4jGZkUyHED86KzTyeTN3nOXimEXEoW2qZ3suKqeoy2RJ6ByEXI6jz_V0fPE6YHJ5GNqpAT8IQMgxESnXw7iGpWg6VhAt3c1Ep6_63tVo7Q=w800-h600-no

AL9nZEXMdlTJeuaE2RKDabG37pNncppzM7aqJnhcHSO6MThTaj9ybvnc7GSFg0XaAutiqU9nTIAyuc1AIW45l4zCaF465Ql6ZuWJc4Z-_UDVOVvm1PqgPBQn3B8LcWJiLAjJie4zdUsHgiO70BHApd3U5j_ALw=w800-h600-no

AL9nZEXklrsHCZHwFCD8wmsFu1g-rYIYMb55EFEX7HM-NYhVr2L2qkadAfUAu03GBns0kmUrZODNHkwlJFZd-FPKUJEVii7BNNo82cTTUDlA58dB8WkoxCMJ3UUy0CPrfvuMG4p9wq0II0y-jN49Cz3DQ1wbdA=w800-h600-no

It's for the Australian market and if you look at the blurb in the third picture, there's reference to GEM razor ... Ever-Ready Corner! It's a reasonably common set in Australia and at times you'll find a bunch on Aussie eBay. Today, none though.

The shave, you say? Just like any other British 1912.

Not much of a presentation photo shot.. Drying out. I look after my kit. Stripped razor down today for clean and oil. Good video on youtube regarding.

Mrs can't understand why I take my time vs the old disposable rush hatchet job of years past.
But shaving can be a real pleasure in life and when you get a perfect shave :)after getting out the bath cleaned up using my French Olive soap. I shine now...
Got no cuts or burns from shave and definitely makes one feel better after a grueling week working on staircase.

Yaqi final cut 3 then 2 with astra blade.
Proraso pre shave and soap white.
Ebay alum block (often wonder if there are different quality blocks?)
Harry's post shave.

I've definitely got that razor working for me a dream.

I own another 3 razors, so maybe I should post about my mastery of them but only got 2 working well. Takes practice I guess..

Was shave of the month for me. Just wanted to share as nobody here gets it. Ha

Back
Top Bottom