SOTD: Saturday 29 October - Friday 4 November 2022.

Sunday 30th October

Semogue SOC Mistura - Signature Soaps Capra - Schick L1/ Schick 'Chick' #5 - Banana Republic Tobacco & Tonka Bean

First use of this particular brush. I love this shade of Butterscotch. Many thanks to @Boycie83 and The Emporium. A beautiful brush at a knockdown price and partially broken in and scented at no extra charge! (What soap did you last use with this brush? The scent was quite pleasant)
Three passes for a face feeler :)

Sunday 30th October

Semogue SOC Mistura - Signature Soaps Capra - Schick L1/ Schick 'Chick' #5 - Banana Republic Tobacco & Tonka Bean

First use of this particular brush. I love this shade of Butterscotch. Many thanks to @Boycie83 and The Emporium. A beautiful brush at a knockdown price and partially broken in and scented at no extra charge! (What soap did you last use with this brush? The scent was quite pleasant)
Three passes for a face feeler :)
It was used with (and subsequently cleaned with - fear not :) ) P&B Iceni.

Glad you like it B.

30 October

Signature Soaps Danum
PAA Green Ray
Razorock Hawk v3
Feather Professional
Signature Soaps Danum splash

EE629C33-89FC-45A0-8F9D-5585D3C2A289.jpeg
A very luxurious and comfortable Sunday shave. This was as close as any shave last week and they’ve all been good. The Signature Soap products are wonderful at giving a very special feel to a shave. Great stuff.

SOTD 30-Oct
20221030_085128.jpg
Brush: Boti Chubby 30mm
Soap: PAA Speakeasy
Razor: CG Level 3
Blade: 7 O'Clock SP (3)

Decent shave this morning, fantastic lather from PAA and Boti, only needed enough for 2 passes but could quite easily have done another 2 with no problems!

Nice smooth and irritation free finish, needed after skipping yesterday. Didn't have time yesterday with having to get the little one into fancy dress to go to dance class.

Now on to cooking a steak and ale pie for dinner tonight, lengthy...ish process but at least it's easy.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

0BD3BCC4-4AA3-482C-8E47-B7AEC5199F27.jpeg
SOTD: 30/10/2022

Razor: Shield Avenger
Blade: Feather Pro, 4th use
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Aqua Highmountain Silvertip Badger
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Shannon’s Soaps Mars Puck
Aftershave: Channel Allure EDT
Balm: Bart's Balm BEN KILBRECK Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

I don’t normally do more than 3 days with a single razor but I’m enjoying the Shield so much I thought what the hell why not! I went for a cold water shave to try and lower the slight alum sting I was getting and stop any pore/bumps raising up. It did the trick and this was the smoothest shave yet and dare I say it, I may have cured my Vector envy! This combined with advise from @Paul L who I met yesterday, and @Boycie83 both who’ve said it may not be the ‘one’ for various reasons and I’m content finally with my set up for the time being!

30/10/22

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Soap - Speick Stick
Brush - Yaqi Plissoft 22mm
Razor - Gillette Rocket
Blade - Silver Star (2)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Old Spice

I'd not used the tallow Speick shaving stick in ages, I rubbed far too much on my face and had far too much lather. I forgot how fantastic a lather Speick produces, really thick with great shine and gloss, but I felt a little bit of irritation whilst the lather sat on my face, which is unusual as I'd used it a number of times before without any reaction to it. The shave itself was a great one, the combination of Gillette Rocket and Silver Star is as smooth and comfortable as anything, not much to clear up on the second pass.

Have a good Sunday gents.

IMG_20221030_131029.jpg

This combined with advise from @Paul L who I met yesterday, and @Boycie83 both who’ve said it may not be the ‘one’ for various reasons and I’m content finally with my set up for the time being!

Like I said yesterday Lee, I could hardly tell the Yaqi Excalibur from the Vector - and I don't rate either as highly as a Hawk V3 personally.

"All that glisters is not gold" . . . .
Williiam Shakespeare

30/10/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo Silvertip
Soap - OSP Dark Matter
Razor - ATT S1 Slant
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Lomond - Cinnamon & Patchouli
A/S - Dior Sauvage
View attachment 95595
An easy 2 pass shave this Sunday morning.
All pack ready for a week away. As Ruby does not cope to well with fireworks we have hired a "remote-ish" House over in Cumbria. Hopefully she will be OK and we can also enjoy the break.
I have packed a few bits of shaving gear to keep me going.
View attachment 95599
View attachment 95596 View attachment 95597View attachment 95598
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.
We had a border collie who used to go nuts in firework season, even with radio on. We’ve a Labrador Retriever who sits in garden watching them!! What a contrast

Back
Top Bottom