SOTD: Saturday 29 October - Friday 4 November 2022.

Monday October 31, 2022
Razor: Band Razor Shootout - Gillette Versus Schick
Blade: 2 Bands
Brush: Trotter Vein Quartz/2 Band Badger
Soap: HCSC FNL
AS 1: Alcoholado Eucaliptino 70
AS 2: CFG Ghost Town Barber
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,455
I agree Dave, Schick band razor is better than the Gillette, although the latter were included in the kit by NASA for the moon landing boys but maybe Gillette offered to pay more than Schick for the privilege? Also, apparently some folk got 100 shaves out of a Techmatic cartridge, but I’m guessing from your experience here you might find that a bit of stretch :unsure:

Last edited:
I agree Dave, Schick band razor is better than the Gillette, although the latter were included in the kit for the moon landing boys but maybe Gillette offered to pay more than Schick for the privilege? Also, apparently some folk got 100 shaves out of a Techmatic cartridge, but I’m guessing from your experience here you might find that a bit of stretch :unsure:

Thanks, I thought it was in my head at first but noticeably better to me. Yeah 100 shaves would be a stretch for me but good for them :)

B. - Lovely Semogue, I've never seen that style of handle previously - the Caravela is a mixed badger/boar knot. Is that correct? - I.
I think it was the original Badger/Boar from Semogue. I was a LE of 100 pieces produced for a Spanish and a Portugese Shaving Foum collaboration. The general release of the SOC 2012 SE had a slightly less dense version of the knot and was more widely available.

View attachment 95646
SOTD 31st October.

Razor - Schick F Type.
Blade - Schick - Japan.
Brush - Alpha Bulldog 28mm silvertip.
Soap - MdC Nature.
Post - GFT Eucris skin food.
Frag - GFT Eucris Edt.

Another wonderful shave with the Schick F Type, how can such a small razor give so much joy! :)

Stay safe out there!

Paul.
Oh, oh, he has it really bad guys he’s in lurv ;)
(I’m just jealous as recently I turned down an offer to buy an F type with box. Thought it was too expensive at $400. Really regret not scratching that itch. :( )

Back
Top Bottom