SOTD: Saturday 29 October - Friday 4 November 2022.

1/11/22

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Tuxedo
Soap - Palmolive Classica
Razor - Gillette Rocket
Blade - Supermax Blue Diamond Platinum (1)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Williams Aqua

With the new month here I thought I'd run a few themes for November. As I've been using a lot of tallow based shaving soaps (a lot of shaving sticks), I thought I'd spend some time with my vegan shaving soaps and creams. In addition, after reading @pjgh's great threads about subcontinent blades (Supermax from India, and Treet from Pakistan), I thought I'd spend some time using the various Indian made blades I've accumulated over the years but often overlook in favour of blades made elsewhere.
I'd start the month off with a blade I've used before and I'm fairly familiar with, but I can't recall the last time or how it performed, but I was pleasantly surprised with the performance of the Supermax Blue Diamond Platinum in the Gillette Rocket. The SMX BDP isn't the sharpest blade I have used, but it is very smooth, the blade seemed to glide across my face without any resistance and in the 2 passes with a bit cleanup I have an incredibly smooth face.
A really great lather with the Palmolive Classica and Yaqi Sagrada Brush. I've not really enjoyed using this brush the last few times I used it, I think the last few times I used it, I didn't squeeze out all the excess water before building the lather. I did that today, and had a lot better control of hydrating the lather, which was a beautiful thick and glossy one.
I finished the shave with a few splashes of Williams Aqua, which feels great on the skin.

Have a good Tuesday gents.

IMG_20221101_123209.jpg

Tuesday 1st November

Cream • Ach Brito Lavanda
Brush • Yaqi Moka Express 24mm Synthetic
Razor • DS Cosmetics T7
Blade • Voskhod (3)
Post • Ach Brito Lavanda Cologne

A mild razor matched with a relatively mild blade resulted in a very smooth and comfortable shave, albeit with a little more effort.
Lavanda cream and cologne are always a pleasure to use. The cream being a greenish colour has me a little bemused (purple would be more be-fitting?) Anyway, it works a treat and smells nice.

No photo today, but have some Marillion in Leiu - two for the price of one in this video

Tuesday 1st November

Cream • Ach Brito Lavanda
Brush • Yaqi Moka Express 24mm Synthetic
Razor • DS Cosmetics T7
Blade • Voskhod (3)
Post • Ach Brito Lavanda Cologne

A mild razor matched with a relatively mild blade resulted in a very smooth and comfortable shave, albeit with a little more effort.
Lavanda cream and cologne are always a pleasure to use. The cream being a greenish colour has me a little bemused (purple would be more be-fitting?) Anyway, it works a treat and smells nice.

No photo today, but have some Marillion in Leiu - two for the price of one in this video

TUNE!!!

Paul.

A quick shave themed, 'I'm a piece of celery get me out of here'

20221101_182147.jpg

Celery soup - Stainless Mongoose
Celery parmigiana - Feather Super Professional
Celery salad - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Celery juice - Extro Arancia
Mat Hancock - Collegen moisturiser
'We don't want celebrities escaping from the dark box, do we now? Mr Simpson'

Getting arsed around with working hours for the morning and after going to bed for a midnight start I find myself having to change everything for an 0500 start. So I decided my planned morning shave needed to arrive several hours early. But by jolly what a damn fine shave it turned out to be.

I could quite easily make the Mongoose the only razor I'd ever need. It simply delivers perfection nice and quickly and with great confidence every time. It really is my shaving heaven. For something which looks ungainly and oversized it is amazingly agile and superbly accurate. It is one razor I just can't do without.

Together with the Extro and the Cashmere the whole shave passed (all three of them) absolutely hassle free and faster than I care think of.

Brilliant from bristled to buffed

In case anyone thinks I am politically biased, I am actually politically neutral. I just can't abide idiots.

'We're celebrity TV show hosts get us off your screens'

What your screens need is more my type of trash. Red Bacteria Vacuum? Like the name.......

Tuesday AM 2022-11-01
Election Season
obo4vEc.jpg

Rooney Stubby 3XL Porcelain Finest (2-ring) (30/52)
Ethos Grooming Succès shaving soap
Wolfman WR2-SB/WRH7 Antique Bronze
Iridium Super (12)
Bleu de Chanel aftershave
JYrMIoD.jpg

SOTD 02-Nov
20221101_122932.jpg
Brush: Boti Chubby 30mm
Soap: NO Monoi De Tahiti
Razor: Gillette Slim (7)
Blade: GSB (3)

Excellent shave, feel like I should have gone with something a little darker in scent to match the currently awful weather but a bit of brightness never hurt anyone. Wonderfully smooth finish with the slim, so glad I picked one of these up.

Couple of days more and Friday off again, well ish anyway, work is holding a celebration so we're all off to fill our faces with hog roast!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

SOTD: 02/11/2022

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink SE, 2nd use
Brush: Semogue 620 Excelsior Boar Brush
Bowl: Face Lather
Preshave: Soap Bloom Water With A Hot Flannel
Soap: Tabac Puck
Aftershave: Tabac EDT
Balm: Harry's Balm
Additional Care: 1959 Rock And Roll
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Er, You Are Not Going To Wear That Out In Public Are You?

Continuing with the face lathering theme and rotating through all my brushes (it won't take long I only have 7). I love this brush, it's the best so far for face lathering. It amazes me that when dry it's rough as anything but once soaked and loaded with soap it soooooo soft. Even softer than the soft synthetics I have. I may have to investigate boar brushes further.

Quite an old school shave today (OG as the yoof would say). Bit of a scrap trying to get the Excalibur blade lined up correctly in the razor. I've been lucky so far but at the moment it's heading to the naughty shelf if it carries on.

4A3D7A39-7F4B-478B-B486-28EC7C9BE356.jpeg

Wednesday
Same Shave Different Day
Or
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Sticking with the Hawk and Feather Pro, now on its 9th outing and still delivering a smooth shave. The brush is a different one of course, today it's the Semogue 820 boar, which I decided for some reason to bowl lather with the Tuscan Oud in the lickimat slow feeder. It's ok, I don't have a dog!

Despite saying I don't use preshave any more, I do still have a bit of Proraso green to use up. I washed my face with la Toja Magno then put the Proraso on to soften the hairs while I made the coffee. Was sure to wash it off fully before the shave though as I reckon it interferes with some soaps, or turns your brush into a lather hog. Am I alone in thinking this?

3 passes as always, super smooth, although I did elicit one or two transient red dots that fixed themselves.
20221102_082151.jpg

Back
Top Bottom