SOTD: Saturday 29 October - Friday 4 November 2022.

boZkw2u.png

Tuesday

I used the MdC Fougere sample and had a very nice shave. I did waste quite a bit of lather as of put a decent amount of soap in thinking the brush would want some for itself. It was spilling out all over the gaff. I did 3 passes so I didn't feel guilty about wasting it!
DFS to BBS was the result. Finished with Lea splash.
Are these Super thin blades Vietnamese? The tuck has Ho Chi Minh City and Shanghai on it.

Wednesday
I would have used the next sample, but I gave my brother in law a Tech with some different blades, a cheap Wilkinson brush and a stick of Arko for his birthday. He's having issues lathering and I think his soap is too dry, so I used similar and sent him a quick vid of how much I used and adding extra water.
Arko, Tech with super thin and Proraso splash to finish up. DFS in two.

Have a great day everyone

Attachments

• IMG_20221101_084839__01.jpg
    IMG_20221101_084839__01.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20221102_080358__01.jpg
    IMG_20221102_080358__01.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 11
Tuesday

I used the MdC Fougere sample and had a very nice shave. I did waste quite a bit of lather as of put a decent amount of soap in thinking the brush would want some for itself. It was spilling out all over the gaff. I did 3 passes so I didn't feel guilty about wasting it!
DFS to BBS was the result. Finished with Lea splash.
Are these Super thin blades Vietnamese? The tuck has Ho Chi Minh City and Shanghai on it.

Wednesday
I would have used the next sample, but I gave my brother in law a Tech with some different blades, a cheap Wilkinson brush and a stick of Arko for his birthday. He's having issues lathering and I think his soap is too dry, so I used similar and sent him a quick vid of how much I used and adding extra water.
Arko, Tech with super thin and Proraso splash to finish up. DFS in two.

Have a great day everyone

MDC is one of the great soaps as far as I am concerned. Cheap it isn't, but boy does it go a long way and ticks all the shaving soap requirement boxes at the same time. Usually a couple of swirls in the jar is more than sufficient.

The rose is a killer scent

Wed 2nd November

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
Williams Mug soap
RR Hawk V3- A plate
Feather Pro. ( 2 )
Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

Though this Hawk is a nice Razor, am afraid in my book it loses out to The Claymore Evolution. However the Shave today was quite nice, and the Razor worked very nicely at clearing around the nostrils. Nice to revisit the Williams, maybe not the Original but provides me with a good lather.

8E73B3DF-897E-45E4-82B0-330E6E9303F3.jpeg

02/11/22
Pre - Face wash
Brush - Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger - #1
Soap - Arko Stick "Pipe-bomb"
Razor - Gillette OC Travel set tan & brass "Booklet"
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Body Shop Arber EDT
Wk 44 (5).JPG
Lovely 2 pass shave that, the Arko and Duke producing enough thick, slick lather for 4 passes with the same amount crayon style chin loading i would normally do at home, the GSB working its magic in the Vintage little OC.
Ruby is still not settled 100%, i think its because the "stream" is really full and quite noisy rushing close by the lodge.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all

2 November

Barrister’s Reserve Fern
Blackland Signature
Blackland Blackbird
Treet Platinum
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

C05ECCA6-393F-4A9D-9A5C-FB37B1A24744.jpeg
Another good shave with the Blackbird. It was close and comfortable with the Treet Platinum blade. The Scent of the B&M Fern soap is magnificent and it lingers after the shave, even with the Signature soaps Hibernia splash on top.

Wed 2
Soap Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Haze Mew Brown
Razor Edwin Jagger DE89L
Blade Tatra Platinum 1st
Aftershave B&M Le Grand Chypre Splash
A beautiful scented soap & matching aftershave! The lather is good too...
This shave with my first DE razor that started it all paired with the blade was super! Easy, so smooth, and comfortable in 3passes for a bbs finish...
20221102_121230.jpg

Thanks @pjgh that’s very interesting, I will have to try the new T&H formulation, when I need some more shaving soap :ROFLMAO:. I really liked the 1805 scent.

Sorry @BrianH I was really referencing the three T’s, your soaps are, of course, some of the best I’ve ever used.
Thank you. I could say I know that, but my daughters would say “shut up dad, we all know about your shaving soaps!”.

First time with the Rockwell 6S, I decided to start on plate 3, which was quite mild for me but still very efficient in 3 passes. I’ll give plate 4 a run next time. I used a new Gillette Silver Blue, “Do Not Wipe Blade“ instruction on each wrapper. How precious is that ? Perhaps I’ll get 50 shaves out of it :unsure: ?
I’ve grown to enjoy Proraso soap, even in our relatively hard water it’s really creamy with a subtle scent. The trusty old badger Culmak did a great job and didn’t have to work too hard.
Have a great day fellas!

2B17C7BB-30D4-4844-9B4A-D9E00D4D6E55.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom