SOTD: Saturday 29 October - Friday 4 November 2022.

Thursday 3rd November
EndGem Speed •• 3D - GEM Stainless Coated #3 - Tabac - Yaqi Robin - Superdrug Forest Fresh AS- Aloe Vera Gel
XZdU7xu.jpg

SOTD: 03/11/2022

Razor: Razorock Hawk V2
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink SE, 6th use
Brush: Kent H8 Best Badger
Bowl: Face Lather
Soap: Lea Shaving Soap Stick
Aftershave: Fine Italian Citrus Aftershave
Balm: Proraso Green Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of The Rat Pack
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Not Too Bad At All

Continuing the face lathering theme. Big badger brush today. Lovely brush that must be over 10 years old now. Doesn't get used very often but I should use it more. Definitely better suited to face lathering than bowl lathering.

I love the simplicity of soap sticks, just so easy.

DD142BFA-E3A6-48F3-890A-1B647C02362B.jpeg

Thu 3 - Start of a 2-week work trip with enough shave gears to last...
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Sea Citrus
Brush Yaqi 24mm Atlantis
Razor RazoRock GC.84-P
Blade Timor Stainless 4th
Aftershave TGS Sea Citrus Splash
Superb lather qualities from this soap, smelling wonderful with the matching splash. The brush is very good too.
This blade although silky smooth & almost no blade feel in one of my favorite razors, the efficiency has dropped. I managed 3passes for a dfs finish...
20221103_130222.jpg

Thursday 3rd November

Semogue Torga-C5 Mistura - Culmak - Blackland ERA L4OC/Dorco Titan - Denim Musk AS

After the sad news that the ERA has been discontinued I decided to take mine out for a spin. It was a very good shave indeed.To me the ERA can be a little 'blade fussy' and today's shave was the best I have had with my first run using a Titan. Perhaps I need to take time and try some more blades from the overly large collection I have! Anyway I am pleased I own this piece of shaving history.

3 passes for a 'Face Feeler'. :)

Thursday:

Back to the samples today, this one was Musgo Oakmoss Cream. Super slick, had an excellent shave and had a fairly nice scent during the shave.

Shave performed with the B4 Superspeed Red-tip fitted with a Perma-sharp blade.

I could have probably stopped after pass 2 and would have said that it was a DFS. However, I was enjoying the shave, taking my time, nobody else in the house, with the only sounds the brush clanking off the side of the bowl as I lathered and the razor taking down my stubble as I shaved. So, I enjoyed it whilst it was lasting! Pass 3 has left me BBS.

I finished with the Signature Valentia as I think it has an earthiness that compliments the oakmoss.

Right, after that brief respite, got to earn my dough.

Have a good day.

Attachments

• IMG_20221103_104018__01.jpg
    IMG_20221103_104018__01.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 7
Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: None
Razor: Rockwell 6S (5)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (4)
Brush: Alpha Outlaw
S Soap: Declaration Grooming- Contemplation
Post: Declaration Grooming- Contemplation AS + L'Occitane - Cedrat ASB

A recent BST addition thanks to @Crossan this soap/splash was a pleasant surprise. My first DG soap and I have to say I am well impressed. Lathers with ease and the result is a very dense lather. The type that you can 'paint' over your face. Coupled with a complex lovely scent it has all the attributes I want in a soap.
I think I can squeeze just one more use out of the L'Occitane balm. Would love to replace it but wallet looks at me with disapproval. :(

SOTD.jpeg

03/11/22
Pre - Face wash
Brush - Mühle Lge Classic Silvertip Synth
Soap - Palmolive Stick & "Pipe-bomb"
Razor - Blutt BR-1 - 0.86
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Body Shop Arber EDT
Wk 44 (6).JPG
Another excellent shave again this morning. I had more lather than required even though today 1 completed an unnecessary full 3rd pass, i am BBS and comfortable.
The Brook / Stream is a raging torrent after some heavy rain through the night.
The advertised Brook
Screenshot_20221102-162522_Chrome.jpg
Yesterdays Brook
20221102_162018.jpg
The Brook / Stream is a raging torrent after some heavy rain through the night.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

SotD

Shavemac (Germany)- Shaving Brush
Areffasoap (Ukraine) Time Dragon - Shaving Soap.
New GreenCult 2.0 (Austria) with Base I from IV (0.45mm/0.05mm) - Safey Razor
Astra Green (St. Petersburg) - Blade
Areffasoap (Ukraine) Time Dragon - After Shave
-

Today the new GreenCult 2.0 with the Base I was allowed to start its service.

The software comes from the Ukraine and aroused my curiosity when I discovered it 2 weeks ago.

I like the artwork a lot.

The ingredients of the soap and aftershave speak for themselves and you quickly notice: Hello, everything is of high quality.

About the shave: the soap smells nice. The aroma is reminiscent of sandalwood, leather, oud as well as flowers and bergamot. Very interesting is the hint of an animalistic leather scent, which is known from the tabac/leather scents from the 70/80. But this touch is very subtle.

Exciting. Incidentally, each soap comes with a small spoon, which makes it easier to portion the soap. As with any soap, you have to play with the water first. Too much and the soap becomes too thin, too little and you have a consistency like a Taylor shaving cream, which I didn't find so bad. After some time I had the perfect lather.

30 minutes elapsed between taking the pictures and shaving. After the shower, the shaving foam was still solid in the cup and hadn't dissolved or liquefied. A very positive aspect.

As always, the soap was allowed to soften the hair on my face for 4-5 minutes. Here, too, the shaving foam remained stable, did not form any bubbles and did not dry off either.

The new GreenCult 2.0 was allowed to work today with the mildest plate (I of IV). Due to the weight of the safety razor, little or no pressure is required. The acoustic feedback from the safety razor included a slight crackle. The base plate I is quite mild, thorough, easy to guide, but after my 2 passes including a final water shave (cleaning out), it delivered a clean, smooth shave.

I had no skin irritation or blood spots. Nevertheless, a certain degree of care is also required here. You mustn't press it and you have to guide it lightly. Of course there were a few under my chin where I had to go 2/3 over with the water shave to get a clean brush. Finally there was the aftershave. Here, too, the ingredients are convincing.

I like the scent very much. It reminds a little of a mixture of Oputnia, Aventus paired with the Spanish leather/wood scents and the old leather scents from the 1970/80s. However, not as dominant and strong. The scent is easy to perceive, has lasted quite a long time so far, but, as I said, its notes unfold without you smelling them extremely.

I am very satisfied with the shave and can recommend the products without hesitation.

-

44640036wf.jpg

44640038yx.jpg

44640039fe.jpg

44640040sl.jpg

44640041jd.jpg

44640042xk.jpg

44640043aw.jpg

44640045oz.jpg

Back
Top Bottom