SOTD: Saturday 29 October - Friday 4 November 2022.

Right, I've a few shaves left on the Schick Proline P-30 that Boycie sent with my Excalibur so I am trying it in the Hawk. Still not convinced by this blade but it feels better in the heavy Hawk than the superlight Yaqi. The SV (another Emporium purchase!) is a real performer and certainly added to the quality and comfort of the shave. Not a single weeper. A 20 second loading of the PAA Phantom Aerolite gave more than enough for 3 passes. Keeping it blue I'll finish with Hollister Wave I think.

TGI Friday, this week is welcome to join history, roll on the weekend.
20221104_082930.jpg

04/11/22
Pre - Face wash
Brush - Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger - #1
Soap - Lea Stick
Razor - Gillette OC Lthr & Brass "book" Travel set
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Body Shop Arber EDT
Wk 44 (7).JPG
Whoops - no brush in photo?
I am getting the hang of the soap / soft water ratio - its only took a week.
The Shave sticks have performed brilliantly.
A very nice 2 pass shave this morning. This little razor is a joy to use.
I did enjoy that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Friday's shave

Red tip c/w Perma sharp blade and one of my Omega (Proraso) boar brushes.
Been using the captain's choice copper bowl thanks to the samples.
Today's sample, Mammoth Alive. Same performance as the other Mammoth soap, but this one has a really nice smell, surprising as it's supposed to be floral and I don't usually go for floral scents.
I haven't used Floid black for a while, so have applied a liberal amount of it.

I smell nice, but realised that I will shower again after my run later this afternoon, so may have to re-splash!

Attachments

• IMG_20221104_105214__01.jpg
    IMG_20221104_105214__01.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 8
4 November

PAA Future Fiction
Simpson Chubby 2
Claymore Evolution
Feather Professional
Bart’s Balm Ben Kilbreck

62608E96-1966-4CB6-9FAA-55E67F7E427F.jpeg
The Claymore is becoming one of my top razors for efficiency and comfort, another really good shave. The Chubby may have been too much of a brush for the PAA CK-6 soap in as much as I had enough lather for at least four passes, when the shave only required two!

Fri 4
Soap & Aftershave Yaqi Lemon, Lime Cedarwood
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor RazoRock GC.84-P
Blade Eddison Stainless 4th
Nice enough soap for the fabulous lather and the cooling scent, accentuated by the matching splash. The brush is just fantastic...
A better shave with this blade paired with the razor. Silky smooth and efficient in 3passes for a bbs finish!
20221104_204931.jpg

9bag7Lh.jpg

4/11/22

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Brush - Yaqi 20mm
Soap - Lea Stick
Razor - Lord L6
Blade - Supermax Blue Diamond Platinum (4)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Brut Original

A fantastic shave today. I'm really liking this small Yaqi, even though it has a smaller knot, with it's comparatively longer loft of 54mm it doesn't feel like a small brush. It produced a good 3 passes worth of lather from a tiny amount of soap.
The Lord L6 is a little more efficient than I expect it to be, it combines well with a nice smooth blade like the Supermax BDP. The blade is lasting better than I expected, the 4th shave is as good as the first.

Have a good Friday gents.

IMG_20221104_151438.jpg

I need to catch up, don’t want you all to think I’ve stopped shaving :eek:. I missed posting yesterday, family day out.
Thursday 3rd.
Brush: Ever Ready re knotted synthetic
Soap: Razo-Rock Puros
Razor: Rex Ambassador, #3
Blade: Gillette blue super iridium

The Rex is one hell of a beautifully made razor and set on 3 gave me an excellent shave. I’ve grown to like Puros soap, very easy to get a great lather plus a very good lasting scent.

17FC0C33-E8E1-4B13-A365-D544164DAB15.jpeg

Today, Friday 4th
Brush: Bristle badger mix,
Soap: DR Harris Marlborough
Razor: SUPPLY SE2
Blade: Schick B20

It was the turn of my SUPPLY SE 2 injector razor. Another beautifully constructed razor like the Rex. I used a blade provided with the razor but was not impressed (Yes, I have been known in the past to try a new razor with the shipping spacer, but this was a proper blade albeit didn’t seem to cut cleanly). I changed to a Schick B-20 Proline which was much better. The razor head is a two dot which felt quite mild to me although it did the job extremely well, the razor has some heft but used lightly, clears the stubble with minimum of fuss. I think razor angle on the face is all important with a mild razor, unlike an aggressive razor where pressure is perhaps more of an issue? I’m still learning. Whilst this is an injector razor, the head can be removed and different heads are able to be fitted but also the blade can be removed for cleaning and replaced without the need to “re-inject”, much like the very original Schick injectors.
I am really unimpressed with the DR Harris Marlborough soap. I thought it would never lather and when on my face dried very quickly. Maybe it lathers better with a synthetic brush? I’ll probably ditch the soap but keep the wooden bowl.

Have a great evening fellas!

67480544-7E14-442B-AD57-64217033FB6B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom