SOTD: Saturday 29 October - Friday 4 November 2022.

So here we are....
It's a Thursday afternoon. The day started off quite damp, but still managed to get the most important work done, although I did get quite rained upon :cautious:.
So a stop on the way back at the coffee shop to meet the missus and our friend for a nice coffee and cake.
Then got home and spent an hour or so cleaning all my work equipment up.
After a helping of some grub her indoors whipped up it was time for a shower & a shave. Accompanied by the tones of a recently recommended trio of singers called "Applewood Road", I didn't rush th nice and HOT shower, and then got on with the shaving.

Pre: Hot Shower and Proraso sandalwood preshave cream.
Razor: Gillette Old. c.1920s
Brush: Mason Pearson pure badger.
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Blade: Astra green #3
Post: BBA post shave balm. And some cheap EDT from Home Bargains.... (which BTW, although cheap lasts for ages)

2.5 passes later I am a more relaxed, warm, content, happy chappy.

vintage applewood.jpg

Thursday AM 2022-11-03
National Sandwich Day
lM5yekO.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Ivory Finest (24/53)
Penhaligon's English Fern shaving soap (tallow)
Paradigm 17-4/UFO Titan Fine
Wilkinson London Bridge (2)
Penhaligon's English Fern aftershave (vintage)
KCRCaAU.jpg

So here we are....
It's a Thursday afternoon. The day started off quite damp, but still managed to get the most important work done, although I did get quite rained upon :cautious:.
So a stop on the way back at the coffee shop to meet the missus and our friend for a nice coffee and cake.
Then got home and spent an hour or so cleaning all my work equipment up.
After a helping of some grub her indoors whipped up it was time for a shower & a shave. Accompanied by the tones of a recently recommended trio of singers called "Applewood Road", I didn't rush th nice and HOT shower, and then got on with the shaving.

Pre: Hot Shower and Proraso sandalwood preshave cream.
Razor: Gillette Old. c.1920s
Brush: Mason Pearson pure badger.
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Blade: Astra green #3
Post: BBA post shave balm. And some cheap EDT from Home Bargains.... (which BTW, although cheap lasts for ages)

2.5 passes later I am a more relaxed, warm, content, happy chappy.

View attachment 95787
Cool picture, double exposure?

Paul.

Today's soap is what I rather unfairly described as "slime concentrate" for want of a better description. It's actually pretty good and I like the scent. The consistency is fairly unique though, being more like potters' slip (liquid clay) and nothing like conventional lather. Anyone who has used Abbate y la Mantia will know what I mean.
Feather Pro is 10 and out. An OK shave rounded off with Tabac AS.
20221103_090211.jpg

3/11/22

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Brush - Yaqi 20mm Synth (54mm loft)
Soap - La Toja Stick
Razor - Yaqi DOC
Blade - Supermax Blue Diamond Platinum (3)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Williams Aqua

I was delivered a 'defect handle' Yaqi synth this morning which I used for today's shave. I think this fibre used looks different to the ones used in the Plissoft style synth and I think it performs differently as well, it seems a bit more springy and a touch stiffer as well, for a quite a small knot with a loft set at 54mm (10mm glue bump) it had a lot more backbone than I expected, but it didn't flick lather all over the place. The brush is quite a bit smaller than other synths I have and it made quite a difference during the shave, but it uses a lot less soap to get a lather going, a tiny amount of La Toja produces two passes of lather. I'm not really one to worry about maximise my stocks of shaving soap, but I have noticed for my larger brushes they usually need more soap, which often equates to more time to build the lather, I find my smaller brushes to sometimes be a little quicker to load and to build a lather with. This might be a completely nonsensical observation purely down to confirmation bias though!
I forgot how great a lather La Toja can produce, it was really slick with decent cushion, maybe not as thick as a Tabac lather but a fairly thick one nonetheless. A few hours after the shave though I have a little bit of irritation from the soap, I'm not sure whether it my face reacting the soap or the mineral salts making my face feel a bit dry.
I'm really impressed with the Supermax Blue Diamond Platinum, not the sharpest blade I own but very smooth and it works beautifully in my slightly more efficient razors, it was delightful in my Yaqi DOC.

IMG_20221103_183050.jpg

The consistency is fairly unique though, being more like potters' slip (liquid clay) and nothing like conventional lather. Anyone who has used Abbate y la Mantia will know what I mean.

:unsure:

Mmmm. I have a few Abbate soaps and find them super at lathering. The Krokus I place up near the top of the soap tree and an absolute blinder in every sense.

I'll give one a visit in the next few days and include in to my SOTD

But not this one

And this one arrives with the theme, 'There isn't one' and comes complete with vowels this evening.

20221103_162728.jpg

Occams Enoch
Feather Super Professional
Hive-2
Signature Soaps Londinium
T&H Grafton

'I love this Satanfriendly man. Yes, yes, yes'

Good shave?
Super
Thank you and goodnight.....

But not before you've had some Japanese girly girls as a nightcap...

Oh. And I love you all

C82EAB31-FFD9-4857-A5D1-86B4B55D5128.jpeg
SOTD: 03/11/2022

Razor: Executive Shaving Claymore Evolution
Blade: Feather Pro, 7th use
Brush: ZENITH Unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Løthur Tears Croap
Aftershave: Stirling Campania EDT
Balm: Bart's Balm BEN KILBRECK Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block