SOTD : Saturday 24th July to Friday 30th July 2021.

Aren't they all? We had the triangle slot. Maybe his is Extra Flat. (Bottom)

Enormous Fat Butt
They are all "flat bottom" except the ones that are not ... the "raised" flat bottom, for example, then there's the diamond base (1950s) and onwards.

Eminently Flat Bottomed
Evidently Flat Bottomed ... in the presence of a picture to accompany the SOTD post

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Thursday 29th July 2021

Shave Score 9.8 \ 10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol" \ Baxters Face Scrub
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Non-Menthol"
Soap: Extra- Felce Biancospino
Brush: Yaqi 26mm - Timber Wolf
Razor: RR GC .84
Blade: Gillette Super Blue (3)
Post Shave ASL: Floid
Post Shave Balm: Baxters
Post Shave Cologne: Penhaligons - Douro

A rare 3 uses out of a blade, seems to get better with subsequent uses the Gillette Super Blue, I will however stick to my max of 3 uses :)

A great shave super smooth, no nicks or irritations.

Have a great day all.

JoeIMG_0007.jpeg

Last edited:
They are all "flat bottom" except the ones that are not ... the "raised" flat bottom, for example, then there's the diamond base (1950s) and onwards.

Eminently Flat Bottomed
Evidently Flat Bottomed ... in the presence of a picture to accompany the SOTD post
Not evidently flat bottomed from the angle of the picture, so for people who may have been interested in which Gillette Tech I was using I added EFB English flat bottomed to the discription.
I did not think that this would be stating the obvious.
I'm sure the poster who asked what is EFB knows full well what it is but he can't seem to help himself from running off at the mouth, again!

Paul.

Not evidently flat bottomed from the angle of the picture, so for people who may have been interested in which Gillette Tech I was using I added EFB English flat bottomed to the discription.
I'm sure the poster who asked what is EFB knows full well what it is but he can't seem to help himself from running off at the mouth, again!

Paul.
I genuinely didn’t know what EFB stood for so thank you Paul I certainly learnt something new from this if nothing else

I'm sorry, if the picture does not make it obvious what Tech I am using, I shall not abreavate the words thus making it clear for anyone who may be interested in future.

Paul.
Think most people would know it’s just me that has zero knowledge of vintage razors to be honest but learn something new every day and enjoy reading your posts..good to know the abbreviations no need to change anything I too use abbreviations for other products I’m using

Sotd-29-07-21.jpg

This afternoon -

razor - ATT Calypso alu - M plate
blade - Kai (?lost count - but finished)
brush - Frank Shaving 22mm two-band
soap - Cyril Salter - lavender hard soap
post - witch hazel
a/s - Quorum
balm - none
scent - Homme de Caron edt.

Just great. #inpraiseoftallowsoap Enjoy your own shaves, whatever you use - cheers - I.

zeTm029.jpg

Parker Adj. injector razor with fresh "Chick" blade and my hoarded OSP Orange & Patchouli soap. I had loaned this razor out to a young man with hopes of selling it, but he did not like it. I'm not so sure now I want to sell it as it really is an idiot proof razor that gives a DFS every time. (y)

Thursday AM 2021-07-29
First successful sugar plantation in Hawaii, Ladd & Co., opened on this date, 1835
CtXiT6D.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Ebony Finest (24/57)
Floris Santal shaving cream (vintage)
Haircut & Shave P076-SB 17-4
Wilkinson London Bridge (7)
Chanel Égoïste Platinum aftershave

The Santal is one of the all-time great creams. Perhaps not Mysore sandalwood in it, but still a wonderful scent, especially with its sweet vanilla and amber base notes. The razor and blade combination is excellent. I have not nicked myself with the razor, but it feels like it could happen if I was not paying attention. And the Chanel aftershave is very soothing, with its sandalwood and amber notes matching the shaving cream scent really well. Altogether a fine and elegant shave on this warm morning.
GYGTQen.jpg

Thursday 29th July

Soap - Tabac
Brush - Zenith Synthetic
Razor - Pearl Flexi - 3.5
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Post - Tabac Aftershave

For my first shave with the Flexi razor I set it at 2.5, and it was a very tame and smooth affair.
Set at 3.5, the efficiency was up, and still very smooth.
No other variables from my last shave, spurred by the talk of Tabac reformulation.

Paul.
There is FB and RFB, there is no EFB that I have ever heard of. And what the hell is your problem?

The US didn't make a Flat Bottom, we had the amazing Triangle Slot, as did Canada.

Have a nice day.

Back
Top Bottom