SOTD : Saturday 24th July to Friday 30th July 2021.

View attachment 74459

This afternoon -

razor - ATT Calypso alu - M plate
blade - Kai (?lost count - but finished)
brush - Frank Shaving 22mm two-band
soap - Cyril Salter - lavender hard soap
post - witch hazel
a/s - Quorum
balm - none
scent - Homme de Caron edt.

Just great. #inpraiseoftallowsoap Enjoy your own shaves, whatever you use - cheers - I.
A seriously cool picture :cool:

Paul.

20210729_183535.jpg
SOTD 29th July
Pre - PAA Cube
Brush - Yaqi Giotto 24mm
Soap - Stirling Campania
Razor - Gem Micromatic Open Comb
Blade - Gem SSC #7
Post - Razorock XXX & L'Oréal Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap
EDT - Cerruti 1881 Bella Notte

Gem Micromatic with a Gem SSC blade and an Italian(mainly) supporting cast for 3 stunning passes and a BBS result.
Doesn't get much better than that!

I've never seen a Canadian one, here is my Canadian pre-war.

View attachment 74475
I used to have a four piece, like the Bathroom Set. From memory, it was stamped in the same manner as the British one with the logo on one side and Made in Canada on the other. No Pat.Canada or 1932. An odd fish, certainly.

I've also seen one just like our pre-War (Pat. Canada 1932), but post-War with the oval holes.

I used to have a four piece, like the Bathroom Set. From memory, it was stamped in the same manner as the British one with the logo on one side and Made in Canada on the other. No Pat.Canada or 1932. An odd fish, certainly.

I've also seen one just like our pre-War (Pat. Canada 1932), but post-War with the oval holes.
1949%20(U1%20on%20Blade)%20Tech%20Canada.JPG

Today, and for today only, I am proud to present you with a shave carrying the theme 'Batteries not included'

IMG_20210729_173858.jpg

About this non-functioning electric razor? - Ever Ready 1912
PP3 Blade - GEM
Electric tooth shaving brush - AP Shaving 30mm Cashmere
AA at Lloyds shaving soap - Faena Skinos
Skin recharger - Collagen moisturiser
Positive end - Chanel Pour Monsieur

The 1912 actually started life as the Ever Ready Corporation electric razor but in a moment of abject failure someone omitted the electric side of the story and running out of budget decided a blade was perhaps a better option. Never would they have envisaged that the blades themselves would eventually have a value higher than gold and are presently changing hands at more than £300 each! Or at least that is the present market cost at the @Boycie83 Emporium. Little did they also realise they would become very favourable objects, doubling as shovels in the world of garden gnomes.

It has been sometime since I last used the Faena and perhaps it should see more light of day as it is a superb soap in every respect. Lathering up easily on the face with the AP shaving 'mush buster' was never going to be a tall order. I love the fact the soap is scent free and open to whatever fragrance you wish to follow up with.

The Ever Ready. No matter how many times I have used this razor it always starts with a sense of caution as it just doesn't seem to be something which should be going near facial skin armed with a big chunk of sharp steel. Suffering from dyspraxia the 1912 looks utterly daunting to me and should be used more for decapitating mice. But after a few strokes I settle in to the rhythm and its rather gentile nature. It is rather lightweight and has a flimsy feel about it but somehow it actually manages to do a sterling job. I find under the nose to be quite a challenge as I always shave ATG here and having an effing big blade, knowing where to stop is not always evident. Fortunately my nose remains intact so I presume I stop at the right place.

Someone who didn't

A very deceiving razor though and end results are always very pleasing. This occasion being exactly that, very pleasing. One or two little weepers but I guess that is down to my skin feeling a tad 'alive' at the moment and almost an expectation. Nothing a splash of witch hazel can't deal with. A rub of the newly acquired Collagen moisturiser and as smooth as you like. The Chanel has sat around for too long but recently revealed itself to be a superb summer scent and my 'go to' of the moment. Another bottle soon? I think so.

'Learn how to shave under your nose will you? You are truly revolting'
'In that case, no'

So the usual sign off here and someone I don't think I have ended on before and a tad down the road of Blood Stain Child, Unlucky Morpheus

This particular blade is actually for sale at the moment. Used approximately four times and still good for another eight at least. Any offers? Shall we start the bidding at, say, £150?

Last edited:
Today, and for today only, I am proud to present you with a shave carrying the theme 'Batteries not included'

View attachment 74463

About this non-functioning electric razor? - Ever Ready 1912
PP3 Blade - GEM
Electric tooth shaving brush - AP Shaving 30mm Cashmere
AA at Lloyds shaving soap - Faena Skinos
Skin recharger - Collagen moisturiser
Positive end - Chanel Pour Monsieur

The 1912 actually started life as the Ever Ready Corporation electric razor but in a moment of abject failure someone omitted the electric side of the story and running out of budget decided a blade was perhaps a better option. Never would they have envisaged that the blades themselves would eventually have a value higher than gold and are presently changing hands at more than £300 each! Or at least that is the present market cost at the @Boycie83 Emporium. Little did they also realise they would become very favourable objects, doubling as shovels in the world of garden gnomes.

It has been sometime since I last used the Faena and perhaps it should see more light of day as it is a superb soap in every respect. Lathering up easily on the face with the AP shaving 'mush buster' was never going to be a tall order. I love the fact the soap is scant free and open to whatever fragrance you wish to follow up with.

The Ever Ready. No matter how many times I have used this razor it always starts with a sense of caution as it just doesn't seem to be something which should be going near facial skin armed with a big chunk of sharp steel. Suffering from dyspraxia the 1912 looks utterly daunting to me and should be used more for decapitating mice. But after a few strokes I settle in to the rhythm and its rather gentile nature. It is rather lightweight and has a flimsy feel about it but somehow it actually manages to do a sterling job. I find under the nose to be quite a challenge as I always shave ATG here and having an effing big blade, knowing where to stop is not always evident. Fortunately my nose remains intact so I presume I stop at the right place.

Someone who didn't

A very deceiving razor though and end results are always very pleasing. This occasion being exactly that, very pleasing. One or two little weepers but I guess that is down to my skin feeling a tad 'alive' at the moment and almost an expectation. Nothing a splash of witch hazel can't deal with. A rub of the newly acquired Collagen moisturise and as smooth as you like. The Chanel has sat around for too long but recently revealed itself to be a superb summer scent and my 'go to' of the moment. Another bottle soon? I think so.

'Learn how to shave under your nose will you? You are truly revolting'
'In that case, no'

So the usual sign off here and someone I don't think I have ended on before and a tad down the road of Blood Stain Child, Unlucky Morpheus

This particular blade is actually for sale at the moment. Used approximately four times and still good for another eight at least. Any offers? Shall we start the bidding at, say, £150?
Here's the battery powered version:

s-l1600.jpg

Actually, a collaboration between Ever-Ready (the American razor people) and Ever Ready (the British battery people) and sold as a RazorLite. It's a razor and a torch. All these years later, fun to find that ASR (Ever-Ready) end up under Personna/Edgewell and Ever Ready as Energizer/Edgewell. Maybe it was forecast on The Simpsons?

SOTD Thursday 29th July 2021 PM

Pre: Warm rinse, Proraso Red pre-shave cream
Soap/Cream: St James of London Tonka & Tobacco Leah cream
Brush: Stirling Soap Company badger
Razor: ESC Claymore V1
Blade: Schick Proline (2)
Post: Warm/cold rinse, Thayers Unscented, Floid Vigoroso, Barts Balm Rosemary & Sandalwood balm

EE98A636-6A0F-4A82-9E4B-9AFEF677A2EF.jpeg

Another run out or the Claymore tonight with another dolphin smooth result.

The St James of London cream is a recent addition and top notch performer. Simple to lather with some of the best slickness I’ve ever experienced. The scent is majestic without being overwhelming.

Face stroking smoothness tonight.

Here's the battery powered version:

s-l1600.jpg

Actually, a collaboration between Ever-Ready (the American razor people) and Ever Ready (the British battery people) and sold as a RazorLite. It's a razor and a torch. All these years later, fun to find that ASR (Ever-Ready) end up under Personna/Edgewell and Ever Ready as Energizer/Edgewell. Maybe it was forecast on The Simpsons?

Wow! I am impressed.

Are you sure it is a razor and a torch? Looks suspiciously like an early prototype of something available from your local 'Private shop'

Mind you it would probably take a gallon of Castrol to lube that thing

ABD4DCEA-BE49-46FB-970A-79C39B06935F.jpegPrep: Hot shower
Brush: DG B11 28mm in Wild West brushworks handle
Razor: Ikon El Jefe
Blade: Kai captain Titan mild (7)
Lather: Declaration Grooming - Mayflower - Soap
Post Shave: Figaro bluice

Wow wow wow. That’s all I got to say for this shave - 3 passes for bbs . Beautiful scent on this soap - balance between tobacco and florals is amazing. The loaner of a brush - DG B11 is definitely best brush I have ever used. Amazing just amazing knot.

Anyone selling snowblivion b11 28mm? I can trade in my kidney. Lol.

Few weepers but that’s a normal with el jefe - it’s a beautiful vicious one. Love it!

Back
Top Bottom