SOTD : Saturday 24th July to Friday 30th July 2021.

Fri 30 SR SOTD
Soap Cukur May Chang & Basil (Cukur means Shave)
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Dorko Solingen Near Wedge 3rd Use
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + HA + Clubman Gents Gin
1st use of this locally made soft soap. The scent is what I like most...herbs? flowers? Just very clean & aromatic scent. The lather was great too...creamy and slick enough. Absolutely enjoyed this soft soap...there's more to come according to the supplier.
This is the razor's 3rd shave on a jnat edge and somehow it felt much better. It was abit more efficient too. 3+1passes for a ccs to sas result and no weepers nor irritation. Enjoyable SR session top-off by some excellent aftershaves.
20210730_104957.jpg

j3c3elI.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: M&F / Brad Sears Finest Badger
Soap: Tabac
Razor: Merkur Mergress
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (2)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Tabac Leviathan EdC

The warm, inviting scent and face feel of Tabac lather, tempered with a bracing, mentally vigorous Spanish jolt courtesy of Floïd.
Most enjoyable!

Last edited:
SOTD 30-July
DSC01824.jpg
Prep: Warm shower and PAA Cube
Brush: PAA Phantom
Soap: B&M Terror
Razor: Blackland Sabre L2

I wasn't sure what to expect with this as I've no real prior use with menthol, but when using the soap it was a nice build up of tingle through the 3 passes rather than a straight hit. It sort of eases you in and continues to build. Followed by cold water then the splash which intensifies it briefly, then eases off and mellows to a constant background feel (curious as to how long it lasts). At no point does it make you want to cry or rip your skin off which is half of what I expected, certainly with a name like that. Overall, love it!

Hope everyone has a grand day and start to the weekend.

Cheers

Marc

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Friday 30th July 2021

Shave Score 9.9 \ 10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol" \ Baxters Face Scrub
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Non-Menthol"
Soap: P&B Spitfire
Brush: Yaqi 26mm - Timber Wolf
Razor: RR GC .84
Blade: Gillette Winner (1)
Post Shave ASL: P&B Spitfire
Post Shave Balm: P&B Spitfire (ignore the Baxters)
Post Shave Cologne: Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Greene

A great shave BBS/FF with the Winner blade :)

Once again another Friday, woo hoo, have a peaceful day all.

Joe

IMG_0008.jpeg

228102703_224393246232337_8343849624951457493_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Executive Shaving Bay Rum cream
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Super Stainless (1)

Seems ages since I've put a 7 o'clock green through any razor. Very, very good WTG pass, the second pass was decent, too. Not as sharp (IMHO) as others recently used from the Gillette stable, but more than adequate for a workday shave. Spray cap removed from the Benjamins as I allowed myself to be doused today. Lovely :giggle:

Last edited:
30 July

SV Felce Aromatica
Simpson M7
Feather AS-D1
Feather Hi-stainless
SV Felce Aromatica asl

3CD46778-548E-440C-8872-DC3C8E6F1A7E.jpeg

A close and comfortable two pass shave this morning. The Feather/Feather combo is sharp and mild, all at the same time. The Saponificio Varesino soap and asl has a wonderful scent, and the M7 knot is pure luxury. A good start to the day.

IMG_20210730_114639sss.jpg

A flying visit to work today, meant that I was “forced,” ahem, to have a shave. Out came the old standby, the best TOBS cream, Grapefruit. A KAI blade was available and it worked well in the Merkur 15C which although open comb, is on the mild side.

All in all a lovely, citrusy shave, with Bart’s Balm AND Trumpers’ Lime Cologne, keeping the grapefruit company.

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves!

Razor: Merkur 15C
Blade: KAI (3)
Soap: TOBS’ Grapefruit
Brush: Yaqi Aqua Blue
Pre-shave: Proraso White
Post-shave: Bart’s Lime Balm & Trumpers’s West Indian Limes Cologne
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper Bowl

Back
Top Bottom