SOTD : Saturday 24th July to Friday 30th July 2021.

SOTD : 24th July 2021.

8.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather : Vitos Vegetal shaving soap.
Blade : Baili Platinum +.(D1)
Razor: Baili BD191.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Cien Sensitive Fragrance free Body Lotion./Milton Lloyd The Man Silver EdT.

Greetings,

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend...Yesterday i had a good sort out in my humble shaving and realised i have quite few Birthday & Christmas presents ASL's & EdT's that i have infrequently used since receiving them from family & friends so i intend to start adding them to my shave set ups more often to get use from them.

Carrying on with the Chinese made DE blade run.. It's been a while since i last used my the Baili BD191. The long hefty teardrop handle makes the razor 'Bottom heavy' which for personal preferences is a bonus as the weight of the razor does all the work with no for added pressure needed when shaving, especially for head shaving I also like the "closed head design" which reduces the risk of catching my ear lobes or under my nose from the blade ends when shaving... All in all a good razor, apart from the slippery teardrop handle which i rub with my alum block to give it extra adhesion.

Maiden shave with the Baili Platinum plus blade first of the five that came free with the BD191 razor i have had the blades for a considerable amount of time so i thought it was time to put the blades to the test..The verdict? ..An acceptable comfortable non-aggressive yet efficient blade which paired together with the BD191 wonderfully....The shaving performance reminds me of the Voskhod. I'm not sure of it's longevity as Voskhod come to life after the first outing, but if i can get another comfortable shave from the Baili Platinum + tomorrow, then i'll be content.

A enjoyable close comfortable 2 pass + pick ups comfortable shave with no errors to report...My new 2 pass +pick ups shaving method is giving me good shaving results, not quite as close as it was with the Parker variant in my previous weeks shaves but still smooth & acceptable, nevertheless.

Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd The Man Silver EdT to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, stay cool and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Sat 24 SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Le Piment De La Vie
Brush Yaqi 24mm Arctic Sky Deep Blue
Razor Gillette Fatboy F4
Blade Gillette GSB 1st
Post &Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + HA + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Just a terrific lather from this soap. Nice aromatic scent, very creamy and slick stuff...just love this...
Shave with razor paired with the excellent blade at setting 9-7-7 was smooth and comfortable in 3passes for a mostly bbs finish. Aftershaves were good as usual.
20210723_210002.jpg20210724_073013.jpg

Saturday 07.24.21 SOTD

YHEPclP.png

RazoRock Game Changer JAWS 68
Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
Semogue‌ ‌Owners‌ ‌Club‌ ‌Cherry‌ ‌Wood‌ Boar

Fine Snake Bite Shaving Soap & Aftershave

Hi! Shave #38:
hfL58Oi.jpg

Pre: Handmade olive oil soap.
Lather: Joserra Acid Note! LE SCNHG.
Brush: El Druida Barbera + Mühle.
Razor: Raw Shaving mild plate.
Blade: Voshkod (#4).

Shave #39:
bpvGj7k.jpg

Pre: Handmade olive oil soap.
Lather: Joserra Acid Note! LE SCNHG.
Brush: CRV Bamboo.
Razor: Henckels Henso (2 pieces).
Blade: Feather (#2).

Take care and have a nice day!

SOTD 24-July
DSC01780.jpg
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: C&H Fanchurian
Soap: HeV Cognac and Cuban
Razor: Blackland Sabre L2

Great shave this morning, nice chilled time of it. Cognac and Cuban perhaps not the best choice for these warmer times but it was new in so had to give it a try, great performance and wonderful smell. Think it'll be packed up until it turns colder though.

Going to try and get one last braai in today before the weather turns.

Hope everyone has a cracking day.

Cheers

Marc

Hello to a new shaving week and hello from a shave themed 'The Mongoose and the trouser snake killer'

IMG_20210724_003035.jpg

The snake woman - Stainless Mongoose
Snake Island - Kai Captain
Anaconda - Yaqi Dandelion
Snakes on a plane - Menrock Scicilian lime
Rattlers - Guerlain Homme

A great shave to start to the week and a 'welcome back' to the Mongoose. A shave so smooth there was just nothing could go wrong. But it did as I managed a small nick through being clown shoes and not taking enough care. I got what I deserved. Otherwise a wonderful shave and enough in it to smile my way in to the weekend.

As for Pythons in pants?

Yes please

Have a most wonderful weekend shaving people and I wish you all and your families a safe and healthy time.

I love you all

No silly cultural music this morning. From trouser snakes to Beavers it's those Otoboke girls

220723084_1909621082535450_1198211055200043620_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Baxter's facial scrub
Soap: Extro Cosmesi Legno di Rosa
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Chianti Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette London Bridge (3)

This Extro soap deserves more love than I give it be honest. Subtle, bubblegum scent and a performance right at the top of the soaps I own. The London Bridge suggested it was about to get a bit grabby after the second pass, so all change tomorrow. And the Barts is superb as usual. Right off to become an expert on a couple of sports I wouldn't give the time of day to at other times of the year. Ooooh, live handball and judo this morning!

SOTD 24-July
View attachment 74136
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: C&H Fanchurian
Soap: HeV Cognac and Cuban
Razor: Blackland Sabre L2

Great shave this morning, nice chilled time of it. Cognac and Cuban perhaps not the best choice for these warmer times but it was new in so had to give it a try, great performance and wonderful smell. Think it'll be packed up until it turns colder though.

Going to try and get one last braai in today before the weather turns.

Hope everyone has a cracking day.

Cheers

Marc
Where did you end up buying this?
It's a great scent :D

Back
Top Bottom