SOTD: Saturday 24 - 30 September 2022.

Wednesday 28th September

Soap • Extro Legno Di Rosa
Brush • Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo Red Marble
Razor • Timeless Bronze 0.38 SB
Blade • PolSilver Wizamet Stainless (2)
Post • Rose of Bulgaria Aftershave

This was my first use of Extro Legno Di Rosa soap, and I wasn't disappointed. Easy to load, and none of that foamy proto-lather that I get with my other Extro soap, Legno Di Sandalo. Just rich, creamy, glistening lather that performed faultlessly. Perhaps with a muted rose scent, but it smells nice nonetheless.
Three days growth taken down with the rather heavy Timeless Bronze 0.38 SB, ensuring I was careful not to apply undue pressure.
Finished with Rose Of Bulgaria Aftershave, this is new to me too, and I quite like the scent.
Post shave feel was top notch, which I feel is fair to apportion mostly to the soap, rather than the aftershave.

No photo I'm afraid, but the some classic Victoria Wood to help 'lift the spirits a little'

Last edited:
Thursday 29th September

Omega 10066 Boar - Erasmic - Schick Eversharp I2/Proline B #9 - Bond AS

A simple 'cheap as chips' shave in 3 passes. A really good result :)
Pedant corner time.

That's a 10065 with a green handle! The 10066 has a white handle and a unbleached knot, whilst the 10065's have handles with different colours and a knot which is a bit more bleached.

It's what I love about Omega brushes, they are all over the place for their specs!

Pedant corner time.

That's a 10065 with a green handle! The 10066 has a white handle and a unbleached knot, whilst the 10065's have handles with different colours and a knot which is a bit more bleached.

It's what I love about Omega brushes, they are all over the place for their specs!
Duly noted.....I will come out of the cormer minus my naughty hat later....and thanks for correcting me! Post has been edited

Duly noted.....I will come out of the cormer minus my naughty hat later....and thanks for correcting me! Post has been edited

Hello Brian. It was never my intention to do that! The pedant corner was my view as for a boar brush enthusiast like myself (I know you are as well), I quite enjoy the minor differences between different Omega brushes and knots. For some brushes, even if they look similar, like my 10075 and 10077, have the same width knot but the loft is slightly different and perform quite differently in the shave. Both are excellent though.

I have a brush (I forgot the model number) with a bleached knot like the 10065, and it is quite different to the unbleached one I have, but it was my used boar over the last few years (before discovering the Goodfellas Smile Wild Hog).

Do you own a 10066? Some seem to consider it to be the de facto Omega boar.

I absolutely love Omega boar brushes. In the shaving landscape when a few of the old classics are being lost (Palmolive Stick and Williams to name a few) it's good to see an old staple still going strong, for now at least!

Hello Brian. It was never my intention to do that! The pedant corner was my view as for a boar brush enthusiast like myself (I know you are as well), I quite enjoy the minor differences between different Omega brushes and knots. For some brushes, even if they look similar, like my 10075 and 10077, have the same width knot but the loft is slightly different and perform quite differently in the shave. Both are excellent though.

I have a brush (I forgot the model number) with a bleached knot like the 10065, and it is quite different to the unbleached one I have, but it was my used boar over the last few years (before discovering the Goodfellas Smile Wild Hog).

Do you own a 10066? Some seem to consider it to be the de facto Omega boar.

I absolutely love Omega boar brushes. In the shaving landscape when a few of the old classics are being lost (Palmolive Stick and Williams to name a few) it's good to see an old staple still going strong, for now at least!
No offence was taken Shubs! I was being very tongue in cheek and of course you could not see the twinkle in my eye when I wrote it. I like accuracy...so I appreciate the correction.When I was working.... a mistake like that would have generated an incident and about 8 pages of paperwork! Most of my Omega boars came from Connaught and when posting I open a window with the Omega Boar selection just to be sure. Today I picked out the correct brush and read off the model number of the one beside it!
I don't actually have the 10066 but my next target will be the GFS Hog

Thu 29 SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans Kaizen
Brush Yaqi 24mm Freedom
Razor Yaqi DOC
Blade SilverStar Super Stainless 4th
Aftershave A&E Kaizen Splash
The soap definitely has top-drawer qualities. Matched nicely by the splash.
An easy and very comfortable shave with this razor paired with the blade. Managed in 3passes for a dfs finish...
20220929_153544.jpg

Thursday

New brush, new soap.

Brush didn't hold enough for a full 3 pass, so it was good I was using the Schick M2 for 2 passes and pick ups under my chin .

Tabac - seems nice enough and provided a decent shave, once I'd got the water level right. I wasn't blown away though like I have been with some of my other signature and sterling recent additions. Perhaps I need to give it a whizz out with one of my older brushes. I will at some point get the matching aftershave, hoping one of the kids asks what I'd like for my birthday later this month! Today though, I have used British Leather.

Nearly pay day! Thankfully, I'm much older now and just remember looking forward to beer tokens hitting my account as a young fella wanting to get on it!

Attachments

• IMG_20220929_100101__01.jpg
    IMG_20220929_100101__01.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom