Brush: Yaqi Lucky Dice Tuxedo
Bowl: Captains Choice Heavyweight Copper Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube 2.0 Soap
Soap: Stirling Green Croap
Aftershave: Polo Green Cologne
Balm: Proraso Green Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of ELO's Greatest Hits
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Devine

Trying a second Schick blade to see if the first one was a dud. It wasn't. They just don't suit my skin type even after 3 uses to bed them in.

Removed the Schick blade put in a Captain Kai mild and all was good in the world.

Great shave from the Stirling soap, probably just about the easiest lathering soap I have.

4167E8FD-BCAA-4E2C-9CFB-7A14FCF267DC.jpeg

Fri 30 SOTD
Soap Signature Soaps Capra Derventio
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Gillette Rocket HD
Blade Derby Usta 2nd
Aftershave Stirling Sharp Dressed Man Splash
Epic lather from the soap! Good brush. Nice, somehow matching splash.
Super easy and comfortable 3pass shave with this razor paired with the blade (with an added shim) for a bbs-dfs finish...
20220930_144852.jpg

30/09/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Culmak Junior
Soap - Signature Soap Wicstun
Razor - GEM MicroMatic Open Comb
Blade - Personna Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Signature Soap Wicstun
View attachment 94207
Finishing SEptember with the wonderful GEM Micromatic. It has been a really enjoyable month and the Signature soaps really helped the shaves along.
2 passes and a touch up for this early morning shave, the injector blade has covered around 10 shaves and has been retired.
I am smooth and refreshed ready for an early morning Gym session.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
Thank you Tony, it’s greatly appreciated. Best Regards Brian

Personna injector blade? How does that fit the Micromatic Tony? Great razor set by the way!
The MicroMatics can take an Injector blade as the cap screws down clamping it in place, they are the only GEM style that allow this as the spring caps of the 1912 etc do not clamp the blade (at least when I tried it). Just check it's straight and centred then away you go.

Last edited:
Friday - final day of SEptember

I finished off with the made in England 1912. Absolutely BBS in 2 passes with a chin touch up.

Arko performed far better than the Tabac did yesterday, possibly brush related.

As for SEptember, it's made me get out every one of my SE razors and give them a go. I've discovered that the plastic injector magazines are rubbish and I'm better with Schick ones. As for the razors there is a pecking order, Schick M2, English ER 1912, Jewel, Schick E3, US ER 1912, Schick E5, PAL injectomatic, Parker.

Have a good start to the weekend everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_20220930_085844__01.jpg
    IMG_20220930_085844__01.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20220930_093914__01.jpg
    IMG_20220930_093914__01.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 12
30/9/22

Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Tuxedo
Soap - Hamp Fat No 1 - Cedarwood & Patchouli
Razor - Wilkinson Sword Classic
Blade - Dorco Prime Platinum (5)
Post - Signature Soaps Danum Aftershave

Lovely lather and a great shave.

I know there are some Hamp Fat fans here, what a great old school tallow lather. For those who enjoy using the first scent profile they released, if you have the chance to do buy yourself a bottle of the Signature Soaps Danum aftershave, and thank me afterwards.

IMG_20220930_110759071.jpg

Have a good Friday gents.

30 September

PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum
Semogue SOC Taj
Karve Christopher Bradley
Gillette Silver Blue
Clubman Pinaud VIBR

B89F5D00-B34F-4415-A8C0-424EA991BF46.jpeg
What a lovely shave, I can even forgive the Semogue for having to return to the tub for the second pass. It was no trouble to create a great lather with the PAA CK-6 formula soap. A super smooth and comfortable result. I really like the Christopher Bradley (and Rockwell 6S) for the ability to select your baseplate and, therefore, adapt the razor better to you and your shave.

Friday SEptember 30, 2022
Razor: 3D Printed Injector and Raptor by Roger Quintero
Blade: Injector/Gem SS
Brush: Trotter/Badger
Soap: Van Der Lovett Dutch Blue
AS 1: Alcoholado Eucaliptino 70
AS 2: CHH Tobacco
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,424

Final day of SEptember and wanted to use both 3D printed razors to get them in (I was too lazy to go into the other room to get the TNNSER too :LOL:. Raptor on passes 1 & 2 and Injector on pass 3. Great BBS shave. Have a great day Everyone !
IMG_20220930_065128193.jpg

Last edited:
Friday - final day of SEptember

I finished off with the made in England 1912. Absolutely BBS in 2 passes with a chin touch up.

Arko performed far better than the Tabac did yesterday, possibly brush related.

As for SEptember, it's made me get out every one of my SE razors and give them a go. I've discovered that the plastic injector magazines are rubbish and I'm better with Schick ones. As for the razors there is a pecking order, Schick M2, English ER 1912, Jewel, Schick E3, US ER 1912, Schick E5, PAL injectomatic, Parker.

Have a good start to the weekend everyone.
A lovely collection of SE razor's! :)

Paul.

Friday 30th September
Yaqi AC - Schick Proline P #3 - Wickham 1912 Club Cola - RazoRock Plissoft - Brut Original AS - Real Shaving Co Balm
Ewz1jSn.jpg

Personna injector blade? How does that fit the Micromatic Tony? Great razor set by the way!
Thanks Tony, hadn’t appreciated how the cap clamps the blade. I tried it and an injector blade fits really well but first I had to put a very small semi circular indent on the back with a dremel to get it snug against the centre locator.

Last edited:
The expression “rough as a badger’s bum” couldn’t have been more apt for me this morning. My fault of course, couldn’t resist trying a vintage badger brush from my stash. Whilst it looked well used (not by me though) I thought I would give it a go. Soaped up with my Apothecary 87 and applied same to my face.

Well, it felt like I was using a scrubbing brush on my face, I persevered, but I had to change over to my Culmak synthetic in order to finish lathering up. I tried three different blades in my LEAF Twig as I couldn’t feel or hear much stubble coming off any of them. Obviously a very mild razor, nothing wrong in that but I had to make quite a few passes on an already sore and rapidly drying face to get a smooth finish.
All because I started with the wrong brush, doh! Applied the Man Cave moisturiser but sad to say not the best end to SEptember for me.
Live and learn.
Onwards and upwards for a great October fellas!

F6A15890-4D1E-48A9-8D50-42D192E3BE95.jpeg

Attachments

• 650AFBBC-3F02-4984-9758-31453F70F975.jpeg
    650AFBBC-3F02-4984-9758-31453F70F975.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 4401D51F-115D-46C9-9957-4789BC6BC035.jpeg
    4401D51F-115D-46C9-9957-4789BC6BC035.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom