SOTD: Saturday 24 - 30 September 2022.

Thur 29th September

Cyril Salter / MS Ed2band
Vitos Super Red
Ever Ready Streamline
Gem S/S [ 2 ]
Massimo Dutti A/S Lotion

Always a bit tricky changing from AC/SEs to Vintage, as the latter are less forgiving. However, I managed not to rush and kept my concentration, and was rewarded with a Top Notch finish with no mishaps.

IMG_83.jpeg

29/9/22

Soap - Lea Professional Shaving Cream
Brush - Omega 11819
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Dorco Prime Platinum (4)
Post - Lea Balm
AS - Denim Original

I dug out my old Omega 11819, which I'd not used in ages. It didn't have much backbone to begin with but after breaking in and many shaves down the road, it's a little on the floppy side of things. I don't think I'd use this brush with a hard soap, but it works well enough with a cream like Lea. This particular tube of shaving cream is ENORMOUS, as you can see from the pictures! It produces a nice enough lather, and during the shave I was thinking Lea produce some excellent products for the wet shaver, nothing fancy but they get the job done.

IMG_20220929_124254.jpg

MARS, the name of the second smallest planet in our solar system after Mercury, Roman god of war, Gustav Holst Planet suite favourite and of course let’s not forget the chocolate bar!
However, it is also a name (Modular Adjustable Razor System) given to a very fine SE razor, one that I was lucky to pick up from @LeeMaz, thanks Lee, shortly after joining TSR. Made from powdered nylon using 3D technology it is extremely light to handle and incredibly easy to use; the shave angle in particular seems very natural. It can load either half DE or an injector blade depending on which type of head plate is fitted. It has 10 mild to strong grades of head plate in either case. I fitted a Parker injector on a No 5 plate.
Culmak Spartan synthetic, soaped up beautifully with TFS Vecchia Torino and with the lightest of sweeps the MARS delivered a super smooth, no drama, two pass shave. Excellent start to the day.
Have a great day fellas!

A1F762D7-C49A-4F3D-ADC6-28F81249F52F.jpeg

Last edited:
MARS, the name of the second smallest planet in our solar system after Mercury, Roman god of war, Gustav Holst Planet suite favourite and of course let’s not forget the chocolate bar!
However, it is also a name (Modular Adjustable Razor System) given to a very fine SE razor, one that I was lucky to pick up from @LeeMaz, thanks Lee, shortly after joining TSR. Made from powdered nylon using 3D technology it is extremely light to handle and incredibly easy to use; the shave angle in particular seems very natural. It can load either half DE or an injector blade depending on which type of head plate is fitted. It has 10 mild to strong grades of head plate in either case. I fitted a Parker injector on a No 5 plate.
Culmak Spartan synthetic, soaped up beautifully with TFS Vecchia Torino and with the lightest of sweeps the MARS delivered a supper smooth, no drama, two pass shave. Excellent start to the day.
Have a great day fellas!

View attachment 94185
It’s a great unique razor that at some point I’ll no doubt add back to the den. Glad your enjoying it. I see you have added the injector head to it too.

Thursday AM 2022-09-29
National Coffee Day
m9LuoAU.jpg

Rooney 3/1 Ebony Finest (22/48)
Czech & Speake Oxford and Cambridge shaving soap (tallow)
Paradigm 17-4
Wilkinson Light Brigade (12)
Caldey Abbey aftershave
rFVUReJ.jpg

4CDF99DD-D86D-4C34-B73C-9FB4C1C694E9.jpeg
Todays shave with the PAA META-4 was courtesy of of a kind loan from @slapo. I wasn’t sure about the scalloped head as I have never used one before but it was a delight! It was both mild and efficient and as close as some SE’s I’ve tried. It was a real surprise much higher quality than I thought, I’ve no idea why it isn’t more popular unless it’s still hangover from PAA’s previous practices. Regardless it’s just amazing shave, a solid and smooth piece of kit and the knitting on the handle! Wow I’ve not had a razor with such strong knurled finish as this dry it could grate cheese but wet it was amazingly effective!

Thursday AM 2022-09-29
National Coffee Day
m9LuoAU.jpg

Rooney 3/1 Ebony Finest (22/48)
Czech & Speake Oxford and Cambridge shaving soap (tallow)
Paradigm 17-4
Wilkinson Light Brigade (12)
Caldey Abbey aftershave
rFVUReJ.jpg

A day without your little 'daily event' just wouldn't be a day. Just keep them coming. :)

You are saved.

I couldn't find any song relating to either 'Tatara' or 'Nodachi' (although I wouldn't be surprised if Otoboke Beaver have something in their back catalogue) and so tonight you can have a real photo. In this case a photo to accompany the shave themed...........

20220929_164926.jpg

Samantha Fox - Tatara Nodachi
Maria Whittaker - Polsilver Lodz
Linda Lusardi - Zenith dark synthetic
Debee Ashby - ADP Collezione Barbierre
Melinda Messenger - L'Occitane Cade balm
Annabel Chong - 251 and counting. ADP Colonia Club
'You're not actually being very discrete about this blackmail photograph thing are you?'

The DE strikes back. After a few nights of SE's, SE's and more SE's it was time for an object with two sides to the shaving story to make it's stance. An easier option for those who can't make their mind up over which side is the sharp bit and turning over an SE proves a pointless adventure.

Enter the dark Nodachi. Pure Portuguese perfection. Positive, efficient, assuring and just one damn fine bit of razormanship. Let it do its stuff and happiness prevails. And it did. After a long couple of days (especially on the work front last night. Thirteen and half hours of it) refreshment arrived in a superlative smooth finish and big grin value.

And a word on the side for the ADP and the Zenith. They were

Dirty photos and a band who no doubt relish the opportunity. The band described as taking trashy to a whole new level. It has to be bed-in

30/09/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Culmak Junior
Soap - Signature Soap Wicstun
Razor - GEM MicroMatic Open Comb
Blade - Personna Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Signature Soap Wicstun
Wk 39 (7a).JPG
Finishing SEptember with the wonderful GEM Micromatic. It has been a really enjoyable month and the Signature soaps really helped the shaves along.
2 passes and a touch up for this early morning shave, the injector blade has covered around 10 shaves and has been retired.
I am smooth and refreshed ready for an early morning Gym session.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

30/09/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Culmak Junior
Soap - Signature Soap Wicstun
Razor - GEM MicroMatic Open Comb
Blade - Personna Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Signature Soap Wicstun
View attachment 94207
Finishing SEptember with the wonderful GEM Micromatic. It has been a really enjoyable month and the Signature soaps really helped the shaves along.
2 passes and a touch up for this early morning shave, the injector blade has covered around 10 shaves and has been retired.
I am smooth and refreshed ready for an early morning Gym session.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
Personna injector blade? How does that fit the Micromatic Tony? Great razor set by the way!

Back
Top Bottom