SOTD: Saturday 24 - 30 September 2022.

SOTD: 24th September 2022.

5.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower: /Asda Mandarin & Lemongrass Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10066.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Proraso Sensitive Shaving Cream.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum 'Snapped in 1/2'. (D1)
Razor: Yaqi Katana.

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face &Head Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Benjamin's mentholated bay rum. /L'0REAL Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

Greetings,

(Face & head Shave.)

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend...

It's been a while since i last used the efficient yaqi katana of which i will be using with all my shave sets this week...The Dorco Prime Platinum blade paired together wonderfully with the assertive katana making a smooth efficient duo...The Katana is one of the very few razors i found my shaving angle after the first 5-7 seconds feeling comfortable shaving with it throughout the shave.

What i like about the Katana is the audio feedback which tells me it's cutting through my stubble and i have found the right shaving angle. The efficiency of this razor is amazingly good.

The recently acquired Omega 10066 boar brush is breaking in wonderfully. My rekindled love for my humble boar brushes is growing with each use.

A phenomenally close comfortable head/dome shave from the Katana. WOW! 'It's the best that I've had with the Yaqi Katana to date'. On equal par to my Supply V2 and Injector razors.

I now have second thoughts of putting in an order for the Leaf Twig razor as a Christmas gift to myself do i really need It? I think not as my Supply V2 & other injector razors Gillette Guard & Yaqi Katana are now my chosen razors for head/dome shaving.

A new batch of Schick Twin Injector blades a Semogue 2000 boar brush & a refill puck of Mitchell's Wool Fat is now on my Christmas list to the big fella with the white beard instead.

A very close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small few small dollops of L'0REAL Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:

SOTD: 24th September 2022.

View attachment 93911

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower: /Asda Mandarin & Lemongrass Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10066.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Proraso Sensitive Shaving Cream.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum 'Snapped in 1/2'. (D1)
Razor: Yaqi Katana.

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face &Head Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Benjamin's mentholated bay rum. /L'0REAL Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

Greetings,

(Face & head Shave.)

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend...

It's been a while since i last used the efficient yaqi katana of which i will be using with all my shave sets this week...The Dorco Prime Platinum blade paired together wonderfully with the assertive katana making a smooth efficient duo...The Katana is one of the very few razors i found my shaving angle after the first 5-7 seconds feeling comfortable shaving with it throughout the shave.

What i like about the Katana is the audio feedback which tells me it's cutting through my stubble and i have found the right shaving angle. The efficiency of this razor is amazingly good.

The recently acquired Omega 10066 boar brush is breaking in wonderfully. My rekindled love for my humble boar brushes is growing with each use.

A phenomenally close comfortable head/dome shave from the Katana! WOW.... 'It's the best that I've had with the Yaqi Katana to date'. On equal par to my Supply V2 and Injector razors.

I now have second thoughts of putting in an order for the Leaf Twig razor as a Christmas gift to myself do i really need It? I think not as my Supply V2 & other injector razors Gillette Guard & Yaqi Katana are now my chosen razors for head/dome shaving.

A new batch of Schick Twin Injector blades a Semogue 2000 boar brush & a refill puck of Mitchell's Wool Fat is now on my Christmas list to the big fella with the white beard instead.

A very close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small few small dollops of L'0REAL Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

A new week of SOTD's and so I start with one themed, 'Balancing brushes and other minor circus acts'

20220923_134922.jpg

Stainless Mongoose
Schick Proline
Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
Penhaligons Bayolea soap
Collegen moisturiser
Penhaligons Bayolea splash

'Look, see. There you have it son. The acrobatic shaving act'

A lovely start to what hopefully should be a lovely day with lunch in York.

All starting with my God of razors the Mongoose and the super Bayolea. The splash is nearly down to just fumes and it shall be a sad day when N'existe pas. I shall shed a tear*

This is the sort of smooth refreshing start one needs for the weekend. I hope yours are as delightful and I wish you all happy days.

Japanese ladies? Of course. Some more Band Maid your way comes

* No I won't. I'm not that bloody hopelessly sad

Today's shave:

rdt220924feemr.jpg

- L'Occitane Cade
- DSC "Barber Pole" Soft Synthetic
- Alpha Outlaw M/custom handle with Feather blade
- Speick aftershave lotion

:D

IMG_20220924_081650_5.jpg
SOTD September 24 2022

Razor - Gillette Guard single edge
Soap - Klar Kabinett
Brush - Zenith badger
Post - Refinery balm
Frag - Aramis Tobacco Reserve

Screenshot_20220826-095321~2.png

Single edge razor for SEptember - Top drawer!
Klar Kabinett courtesy of @TomG , you bloody ripper! Thanks much Tom! :)
Brush recently brought off BST, thanks @alfie5542 , lovely brush mate. :)

Fantastic shave, one of my favourite shaving soaps whipped up to a slick thick lather by the Zenith brush and the shave was perfectly executed with the cheap as chips Gillette Guard!
No cuts, no irritation, no bullishit just BBS skin.
loving the soap, loving the brush but the real star has to be the Gillette Guard, the razor that cost next to nothing yet shaved so well!

Enjoy the weekend people, stay safe! :)

Paul.

Last edited:
SOTD: 24/09/2022

Razor: Claymore Evolution
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink SE, 3rd use
Brush: DS Cosmetic Ken Surfs
Bowl: PAA Intergalactic Travel Scuttle
Preshave: PAA Cube 2.0 Soap
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat Puck
Aftershave: Signature Soaps Novus Spice Aftershave
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of An Italian Opera Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Devine

Captains log stardate day four of the SE wormhole.

Today I was very kindly loaned a Claymore Evolution. Using the same blade, soap etc as the rest of the experiment.

I thought this was a small step up in aggressiveness from the Hawk v3 and for me not quite as smooth. It's a heavy beast (which I prefer) and that increased its effectiveness. I did feel I had to shave less as it was more efficient. No touch ups required. I will be trying it with a milder blade to see what happens.

Two small weepers in the normal spots but I did get some irritation on my neck which is a first for this experiment and something that hasn't happened with the other SE razors.

The current world (in my bathroom) rankings are:

1. Hawk v3
2. Yaqi Excalibur
3. Claymore Evo
4. Colonial General

Two runners left being the Hawk v2 and Occams Enoch.

656D9F82-022D-4275-BA64-CA1982D60425.jpeg

Sotd 24/09
Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap: PAA red planet 369 ck6
Splash: PAA red planet 369
Alum bloc
Balm: arko unscented

Brush: PAA starcraft
Bowl: wet the face
Razor: Gillette toggle D1 1958
Blade: Gillette permasharp 2nd use

Scent Notes: Sandalwood, Frankincense, Myrrh, Patchouli, Rose, Cedar wood, Ambrette ( Musk ), & Amber.
Scent wise I get the musky scent and kinda got a little woody scent also a little floral and kinda citrus yeah not a strong scent just about right
Performance wise yeah as expected spot on.

Decided to use the toggle aswell today and paired with the permasharp was a great shave have a good weekend
20220924_085307.jpg20220924_085409.jpg20220924_085504.jpg20220924_085852.jpg20220924_085920.jpg20220924_090344.jpg20220924_092124.jpg

308189491_3362910437324741_5176447273506899243_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Baxter Facial Scrub, Brut shower gel
Soap: Gentlemans Face Care Club original
Brush: 26mm Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor: 1958 Gillette TV Special Super Speed
Blade: Dorco Titan (1)

Yeahhhhhh, that's what Saturday mornings with the kids out of the way are about! The only slight let-down was the Titan blade - next outing will be with a Nacet or Super Blue I think.....

SOTD 24-Sep
20220923_124546.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Mammoth'
Soap: MdC Fougère
Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: GSB (4)

Brief sojourn over at ATG whilst participating in the Alpha Bandit passaround. Decent razor and gave good finishes, didn't get on with Ti handle and I wasn't a fan of the handle design. There was an alternate I saw which if it has the same balance and weight would be a contender.

On to today's though, overall a grand shave, took a fair whack of time with this one. Two gentle no pressure passes for a nice smooth finish. This dart is a sneaky little bugger though, only after I'd finish getting ready did I see two slight catches on the neck. I'll count myself lucky though, usually if I catch myself with this one I bloody well know about it.

All in all very good, hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom