SOTD: Saturday 24 - 30 September 2022.

Razor = Alpha Bandit
Blade = Gillette Nacet ( 3 )
Brush = Yaqi Oceans 26mm Synthetic
Soap = PAA Diver Down
with matching splash
Balm = l’oréal Hydra Power
972834B1-BF4C-425A-90BF-27313EB6DFF6.jpegWell a very dreek day in Edinburgh today,
Heavy Rain & winds meant i didn’t go over the door
so a nice shave had to be done.
Again it was about the Razor.
The third use i decided to skip the OC and swapped the Titanium handle for the much heavier brass.
This time i went with the SB with the lather channels and again went with the Nacet to try compare although i feel it’s almost impossible comparing.
The shave went well & another straight 10/10.
I started of very lightly with the handle being nearly double the weight of the Titanium although there was no caution needed as the shave was as smooth & efficient as the last two.
I wasn’t buying another modern razor but i’ll perhaps change my mind.
This one really is a dream for me.
Until The Next One
Stay Safe

Friday AM 2022-09-30
Premiere date in 1960 of the TV show 'The Flinstones,' the first animated show in a prime-time slot
j2KAA7f.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Faux Horn Finest (24/50)
Martin de Candre shaving soap
Wolfman WR2-SB Copper/Darwin
Personna 74 Tungsten (1)
Armani Acqua di Giò Profumo aftershave
D8nmel3.jpg

Friday 30th September

Pre: Olive Oil Soap
Brush: Omega S10077 Synthetic
Soap: Florena Comfort Cream
Razor: Schick Eversharp I2
Blade: Proline B #10
Fragrance: Iso-E Super (Molecule 01)

A very early shave this morning as we had to be in Bristol early for a day of culture! A Vincent Van Gogh exhibition incorporating VR and other technological goodies. The shave was excellent and the event was even more excellent. I enjoyed it immensely and learned a lot :)

ECE80553-0B27-43EF-8B7C-6971FA096EBB.jpeg
A superb shave again with the Meta 4. It’s an amazing bit of kit! There really are some amazing razors out there but this is a real pleasant surprise and one I’ll look to invest in, in the future.
The Noble Otter Rawr was even better second time round with the full tub. The splash was great and had great longevity for a aftershave splash. I’m a happy bunny with my purchase that’s for certain! Many thanks again to @slapo for the loan!

'One man's poison is another man's tonic' just happens to be my theme for my last SOTD entry for this week.

XL19-1-01-ff-1000Wx1000H.jpeg

20220930_153440.jpg

Arsenic - Stainless Colonial General
Gin and tonic - Schick Proline
Trichloroethylene - Extro Arzachena
Hair tonic - Groom Room Hive-2
Carbon tetrachloride - Collegen
Gentlemans tonic - Extro Arzachena splash

'Early Christmas present from my wife'

@shiny 's poison. @Satanfriendly 's tonic. To me an absolute gem of a combination with two well established firm favourites. After all it was the General which set me off down the road of Stainless SE's and still remains a class razor a number of years down the line. I won't even mention the brass General as it will only cause goading from that evil place the Emporium and its less than ethical proprietor.

A great lathering from that 'grown in a petri dish' soap, the Extro Arzachena. If ever a soap could look like a bacterial strain in a jar. A top scent and a top performer with the Hive-2 making easy work of it all.

One small weeper but an otherwise shiny happy people finish. A wonderful end to this shaving week.

Have beautiful weekends you beautiful folk and always remember I love you all.

Who's the bitch? Who the bitch

'One man's poison is another man's tonic' just happens to be my theme for my last SOTD entry for this week.

View attachment 94237

View attachment 94234

Arsenic - Stainless Colonial General
Gin and tonic - Schick Proline
Trichloroethylene - Extro Arzachena
Hair tonic - Groom Room Hive-2
Carbon tetrachloride - Collegen
Gentlemans tonic - Extro Arzachena splash

'Early Christmas present from my wife'

@shiny 's poison. @Satanfriendly 's tonic. To me an absolute gem of a combination with two well established firm favourites. After all it was the General which set me off down the road of Stainless SE's and still remains a class razor a number of years down the line. I won't even mention the brass General as it will only cause goading from that evil place the Emporium and its less than ethical proprietor.

A great lathering from that 'grown in a petri dish' soap, the Extro Arzachena. If ever a soap could look like a bacterial strain in a jar. A top scent and a top performer with the Hive-2 making easy work of it all.

One small weeper but an otherwise shiny happy people finish. A wonderful end to this shaving week.

Have beautiful weekends you beautiful folk and always remember I love you all.

Who's the bitch? Who the bitch

Love it :love:

Friday 30th September

Pre: Olive Oil Soap
Brush: Omega S10077 Synthetic
Soap: Florena Comfort Cream
Razor: Schick Eversharp I2
Blade: Proline B #10
Fragrance: Iso-E Super (Molecule 01)

A very early shave this morning as we had to be in Bristol early for a day of culture! A Vincent Van Gogh exhibition incorporating VR and other technological goodies. The shave was excellent and the event was even more excellent. I enjoyed it immensely and learned a lot :)

Had you seen any of his works 'in the flesh' - so to speak - before attending the exhibition? I was wondering how successful it was in making them seem 'real.' I didn't properly appreciate Van Gogh's painting until I stood in front of one. The relentless manic energy, fluid dynamic quality and that the paint is thicker than a whale omelette and looks to have been applied with a brickie's trowel - simply had never carried through in a 2D reproduction. It was a revelation - cheers - I.

Had you seen any of his works 'in the flesh' - so to speak - before attending the exhibition? I was wondering how successful it was in making them seem 'real.' I didn't properly appreciate Van Gogh's painting until I stood in front of one. The relentless manic energy, fluid dynamic quality and that the paint is thicker than a whale omelette and looks to have been applied with a brickie's trowel - simply had never carried through in a 2D reproduction. It was a revelation - cheers - I.
I have never seen a real one in the flesh unfortunately. I imagine that would be amazing. I wasn't aware that he may have been colour blind and considering his mental state....In my own mind he did not paint the canvas but attacked it with colour

Razor = Edwin Jagger 3one6
Blade = Rapira Platinum ( 2 )
Brush = C&H V16
Soap = Noble Otter Neon Sun with matching splash
Balm = Baxter Of California
AA22D476-8A9A-4554-BB15-1CEC9983204C.pngAnother Cracker today
Football was away from home & mikes away so decided to be a fair wether supporter & watch it on the tele.
The Shave was again faultless & my first use of the 3one6.
Quite possibly one of the mildest razors i have but still efficient nonetheless, and more efficient that the AS-D2 which is equally as mild but not as efficient in my eyes.
This one is definitely a keeper.
Noble Otter does what it says on the tin ( tub ) lol.
Again great soaps in performance & scent.
Overall another 10/10
As Always Boys & Girls enjoy your weekend &
Stay Safe

Back
Top Bottom