SOTD: Saturday 24 - 30 September 2022.

28 September

Wickham 1912 Magnum
Semogue SOC Taj
Rockwell 6S
Feather Hi-Stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

BD4E1740-3DDF-4E0D-B6ED-28232C9BF1B4.jpeg
A really pleasant two pass shave, except, the lather died on the brush between the first and second pass. I read somewhere that a Semogue boar can take up to a year to break in, I wonder if I have that kind of patience!

SOTD 78.JPG

Soap – Murphy & McNeill BDLM (sample )
Brush – C&H Molten ( V16)
Razor – Occam’s
Blade – ProGuard (3)
A/S – Epsilon BM
Balm – Lea 3in1

A great scent from this soap. The second of three M&M soap samples I got and I have to say I’m very impressed. Superb performance with all the attributes you’d hope for in abundance. A really positive contribution to another cracker.

Enjoy your day everyone !

Last shave on the discod. B&M Latha line. It had no lanolin if I recall and as a result the slickness is not what we're used to today with top shelf stuff. Nonetheless, it was cutting edge in its time.

YaQi 24mm Cashmere
Gillette
English BE Tech with PAA Bulldog style handle
For the blade I used the newest version of the Personna "Blue" that has their latest 2015 patent I believe. Here's the patent for the curious:

fOhKjZf.jpg

Ofh8sKu.jpg

P.S. Great shave!!

Wednesday

Earlier on, made in England ER 1912 with a Gem blade.

Mixed up soap and scent as I think they compliment each other. (I know that the soap has little residual scent once rinsed properly, but it's nice to think my nose still works!) Not one of the arrivals from yesterday, but a Signature one that I was trying.

Even now, at least 7 hours later, I would say that I am still in DFS territory.

Have a good rest of the day.

Attachments

• IMG_20220928_100129__01.jpg
    IMG_20220928_100129__01.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 9
1978 saw the classic film “Grease“ released with the song “Greased lightning!” sung by the T-birds, which kicked off with “Why, this car could be Systematic, Ultramatic, Hydromatic. “Why, it could be greased lightning!” etc etc.
The lyric writer clearly hadn’t come across the Micromatic razor or this word might have been included. Mind you this particular GEM razor was issued in 1934/5 so it’s sort of understandable.
So, Micromatic to the fore, I fitted a new GEM, soaped up with Floris and Rubberset.
To be honest, for me this bristle brush doesn’t really produce a good lather and it dries quickly on the face. Don’t think it’s the soap as I’ve used it before with synthetic no problem.
Resulting shave wasn’t the best, smooth two pass, no weepers but my neck felt like I’d wiped it with grade 80 sandpaper :oops:
Have a great day fellas!

78E3885F-C208-4576-9464-E161F439C3A2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom