SOTD: Saturday 24 - 30 September 2022.

27 September

Geo F Trumper Eucris
Semogue SOC Taj
Rockwell 6S
Feather Hi-Stainless
Geo F Trumper skin food

0E80FEAA-45A6-4C75-ACC5-44B4C52C9CF6.jpeg
I really need to work on my boar brush technique. After a week of test lathers, a super rich lather for the first pass gave way to a barely there, but, just useable lather for the second. My story with every boar brush, ever! I still got a good shave from the Rockwell, of course.

Tuesday September 27, 2022
Razor: Gillette Millord
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: LE Mr EE/Tuxedo
Soap: Gillette Shave Cream
AS 1: Alcoholado Eucaliptino 70
AS 2: Aqua Velva
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,421

Well the Humphrey's is gone and t replace I have regular Thayers Witch Hazel and this Eucaliptino 70 which will be the most recurring one. Nice stuff. Had a few razors come in with a group buy to get a couple Good Will razors and thought I'd fall off the wagon of SE month and try the Millord which came in as an extra. Nice efficient but mild shaver. Don't see them much in the SOTD pics or talked about. Have a great day Everyone !
IMG_20220927_065026725.jpg

27/9/22

Soap - Tallow Tabac Stick
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Tuxedo 24mm
Razor - Yaqi Old Type Clone
Blade - Dorco Prime Platinum (3)
Post - Gillette Arctic Ice

I dug out my seldom used tallow Tabac shaving stick, and dabbed it a little around my jaw, then took my time to build the lather and I was surprised at how much glorious slick thick lather I was able to coax from such a small amount of soap. The Yaqi Old Type is a very mild razor head, and it didn't have enough blade exposure for the first pass and seemed to leave behind a fair amount of growth, but with the second pass the Dorco Prime did the job.
I finished the shave with a few splashes of Gillette Arctic Ice, a bottle I bought on my last trip to India. It's a pretty nice aftershave, a fairly generic inoffensive marine scent, it's quite similar to Brut Oceans which is cheaper and easier to get hold off, which I think I prefer.

IMG_20220927_152552.jpg

789EFD8D-4E1F-4F0E-944B-BE03E36129A2.jpeg
SOTD: 27/09/2022

Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Bali Silvertip Badger
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: OSP Herb Garden Puck
Aftershave: William Hunt Oud De Parfum Aftershave
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Great shave, spot on soap, love this brush (but have a replacement on route!) not a lot more to say! might be off line for a bit with SOTD as I need to sell my phone so will be without until the upgrade arrives but I’ll still be about on my laptop.
Enjoy the rest of your day guys.

View attachment 94011
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: TDS Rose Notes
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Chianti Tuxedo
Razor: 1958 Gillette TV Special Super Speed
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)

Today I turn 50 :oops: and I kept back the last sliver of the TDS Rose Notes soap for this occasion. It's easily the best soap I've bought since I started this pastime. The matching ASL remains, but the Extro Cosmesi Barroco will now have to step up and assume the mantle of favourite soap in the locker.
Happy Belated…:rolleyes:;) 50th Birthday to you..

SOTD 27-Sep
20220927_182428.jpg
Brush: Alpha UKWSS AP Gelousy Bulb
Soap: NO Monoi De Tahiti
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: GSB (2)

Great shave this morning, nice easy two pass for a smooth finish!

I think at this point I may call myself a NO fan, out of all the soaps I've tried they have been able to consistently nail the combination of performance and scents that I like. Others I have more of a 50/50 success rate (A&E, B&M, PAA), I'm not talking the staples (lea, proraso, speick etc etc) they just work and are pleasant enough but NO have become my favourites. I'm not looking forward to logbook and the EDPs dropping, I can already feel my bank balance dropping!

Anyway, enough of my ramble, hope everyone has had a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

SOTD 27-Sep
View attachment 94096
Brush: Alpha UKWSS AP Gelousy Bulb
Soap: NO Monoi De Tahiti
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: GSB (2)

Great shave this morning, nice easy two pass for a smooth finish!

I think at this point I may call myself a NO fan, out of all the soaps I've tried they have been able to consistently nail the combination of performance and scents that I like. Others I have more of a 50/50 success rate (A&E, B&M, PAA), I'm not talking the staples (lea, proraso, speick etc etc) they just work and are pleasant enough but NO have become my favourites. I'm not looking forward to logbook and the EDPs dropping, I can already feel my bank balance dropping!

Anyway, enough of my ramble, hope everyone has had a grand day!

Cheers

Marc
I agree…I like the NO soaps

Tuesday 28th September

AL9nZEX3gpHcF0kSEVKVsxIl5IlDBifKPJcmiC2VIDM4ZaS-7ToMimvmXuMUT6yiBxUFJvWu_q2ia0fIfjUd4nrW3WlI_PZo4CBjcfmQGlNK40xeQo6qIRlYxvd6b81PeZyIiSNwFDqquOb-wxQeYzYWisNQ8A=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
DR Harris Artlington Shaving Bowl & Mohawk 5-341 w/PurTech Synthetic 22mm
Razorock Hawk V3 (Regular Plate) w/Weber Stainless Handle & Feather Professional (2)
Pashana Original Aftershave

SOTD: 27/09/2022

Razor: Occams Enoch
Blade: KAI Captain Protouch MG, 2nd use
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3 Sovereign Grade
Bowl: PAA Intergalactic Travel Scuttle
Preshave: Proraso Red Sandalwood Cream
Soap: Signature Soaps Wicstun Croap
Aftershave: Signature Soaps Wicstun Aftershave
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Devine
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of 1940's Jazz Playlist

Testing out if the Enoch changes when using a milder blade. It did make it smoother, it also bit me twice. This is just not the razor for me in a few levels. It will be removed from the shootout (in all fairness I knew this before I started from the reviews).

Soap and splash used was a favourite of mine. You can't go wrong with anything from Signature Soaps.

View attachment 94067
Thank you, Best Regards Brian

SOTD

Second run out for the Supply, faired slightly better than the first - I'm just struggling a little with finding and keeping the right cutting angle, also didn't help that I was rushing and over hydrated my lather either (still smelt great though) .

Supply SE
Declaration Grooming Hindsight
UKWSS group buy Alpha Outlaw brush with AP Shave Co G5C knot
Captain's Choice Obsidian bowl
Nivea Pro Sensitive Ultra Calming balm (not pictured)
Coconut oil with Argan oil pre-shave (not pictured)PXL_20220927_184123152.jpg

Back
Top Bottom