Blade: Schick Proline P-30, 1st use
Brush: Semogue 620 Excelsior Boar Brush
Bowl: Steve Woodhead Mega Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Red Sandalwood Cream
Soap: Phoenix And Beau Spitfire Croap
Aftershave: Phoenix And Beau Spitfire Aftershave
Balm: Phoenix And Beau Spitfire Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of 1940's Jazz Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Er, You Are Not Going To Wear That Out In Public Are You?

Test with the Claymore and the Schick blade. Not the best shave at all. I know the razor, soap etc are all good. The only variable is the blade. It's a new blade and also one I have never tried before so I will cut it some slack and try it again tomorrow. It could have been my prep of course, I have noticed that my prep has to be better than DE shaving but it's a bit of a coincidence.

250A035E-8306-4A9F-BDFC-F05435798B9D.jpeg

SOTD: 28/09/2022

Razor: Claymore Evolution
Blade: Schick Proline P-30, 1st use
Brush: Semogue 620 Excelsior Boar Brush
Bowl: Steve Woodhead Mega Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Red Sandalwood Cream
Soap: Phoenix And Beau Spitfire Croap
Aftershave: Phoenix And Beau Spitfire Aftershave
Balm: Phoenix And Beau Spitfire Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of 1940's Jazz Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Er, You Are Not Going To Wear That Out In Public Are You?

Test with the Claymore and the Schick blade. Not the best shave at all. I know the razor, soap etc are all good. The only variable is the blade. It's a new blade and also one I have never tried before so I will cut it some slack and try it again tomorrow. It could have been my prep of course, I have noticed that my prep has to be better than DE shaving but it's a bit of a coincidence.

View attachment 94116
The Schicks normally take a shave to smooth out. Shave #2 with it may be much better for you.

I am on shave #3 with my Excalibur and a Kai Pink and it is night and day compared to the first one.

I find the tiny shallow head of the Excalibur a bit fiddly compared to my DEs, it reminds me of shaving with a 4/8 rather than a 7/8 straight. However I am pleasantly surprised with how close a shave you get with AC blades. They do seem to require a little more concentration on prep and technique (maybe because it's a new format for me) but the results are impressive.

28/09/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Mühle Lge Classic Silvertip Synth
Soap - Signature Soap Wicstun
Razor - GEM Jr
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Signature Soap Wicstun Wk 39 (4).JPG
A very nice, 2 pass and touch up shave with the little GEM Jr.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Probably silly asking....but is your Evo new or one of the original releases? If I recall correctly nothing except Feather Pros fitted properly in the original release.. Sorry if I have missed something in your previous posts
I don't know, its on loan from another member. It was buttery smooth in the last couple of days with a Captain Kai mild and a Protouch. I will try the blade again tomorrow in another razor to see if its the blade. It could have been a combination of a new blade and poor prep by me.

Back
Top Bottom