SOTD : Saturday 20th June - Friday 26th June 2020

June 20

Prep : warm water / Proraso Preshave green
Razor : The Goodfellas's Smile Shibumi / Fatip Grande OC
Brush : Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Blade : Gillette Rubie Platinum Plus (4x) / Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge (6x)
Soap : Osma tradition
Alum : De Vergulde Hand
After shave : Sir Irisch Moos

Finally I got the nerve and the patience to shave my chin completely with the shavette. And I succeded :cool:

A Midsommar Swedish shave; Matador DeLuxe Precision razor, Personna Platinum (2), ML Walnut Plisson brush, ML Orange soap, Hega Citrus & Musk

200621-SOTD.jpg

21 June 2020 – morning – couldn't be bothered cycling in the rain.
Good shave as always with this combo – three passes for a close result. Annoyingly at the end a nick in the moustache area cleaning up under the nose. Wasn't really necessary and should have stopped there and then but one always has to be a perfectionist …

Prep: Aldi Bath Soap & Nuage Shave Oil
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26mm
Razor: MÜHLE R89
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
Soap: Proraso Cream Aloe Vera (blue)
After: Cold Water Splash - Ajanta Alum – Autograph ASB
IMG_0140.jpg

View attachment 56007

Possibly somewhat ironic - as I use a Huawei phone.

The image through the brush looks like an old war time image from Berlin. All phones these days are manufactured in China, although Huawei is a Chinese make.

Pre - Shower / Face wash / GFT Sandalwood Skin Food
Soap - TOBS Sandalwood
Brush - Exec Shaving Big Jock
Razor - Merkur 34
Blade - Personna Red (5)
Post - Kouros AS followed by some moisturiser with SPF

A nice two pass plus third/ touchup pass. I had some stinging from the AS at the top of my cheeks, I'm sureI didn't shave there. Anyway, good results.

IMG_7768.jpg

21 June

Castle Forbes Lime
Cadman M55 30mm Tuxedo
Rex Ambassador (2)
Feather Hi-stainless
Fine L'Orange Noir

106E9B63-DEA5-4D32-BD13-145DF92B9EF8.jpeg

A great shave this morning with citrus notes running through it. The Rex Ambassador is an excellent razor, for me, being very comfortable and efficient on a setting of 2 with the Feather blade. The large Cadman brush produced a rich, luxuriant lather with the Castle Forbes too. A good start to my Sunday.

Another amazing shave with the Parker semi- slant, once again wacking off 4 days growth with ease and zero sting with the alum block afterwards! Was also very impressed with the Vulfix, I found it a great face latherer with all of the nice boar characteristics, while also feeling soft or more like a broken-in boar.
The Extro was awesome, it kinda smells like wet paint.....but I was blown away by the slickness ad the general quality of the stuff.
Delighted with all my new gear and I gifted my dad a nice straight razor for fathers day too! Smooth and happy!
IMAG1070_1.jpg
Parker 55sl
Astra
Vulfix 404
Extro Cosmessi O' Selvaggio
Alum block- Speick ASL- Nivea

Sun 21st June

Cyril Salter /MS. ED2band
Lea Classic soap
PAL S/S Adjustable
Schick S/S single-Japan [ 11 ]
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

Before choosing a Razor I would normally check on the blade usage, failed to do that today !! As a result the Shave was a bit slow and the finish was a bit patchy, but at least there were no mishaps.

IMG_0812.jpg

Back
Top Bottom