Razor: ATT S1
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock SP Black (3)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Purple Haze
Soap: Signature Soaps Eboracum
Pre: Proraso Green
ASL: Signature Soaps Eboracum (Tester)
ASB: None

IMG_20200619_144725.jpg

You'll see the S2 in the picture but I opted to switch it for the S1 plate at the last minute. A very good first shave with the S1 - I can already see this one being a favourite.

Excellent lather from the Eboracum and the splash was a pleasure to use. An initial sweet peppermint hit with a light cooling sensation makes way for the cedarwood. I didn't need any balm after this splash as @BrianH has included some magic within this that makes my skin feel great.

20/06/20
Cold Water Shave
Brush: Edwin Jagger Medium Best
Soap: CR Salter Indian Sandalwood
Razor: Blackland Blackbird SB
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (5 & out)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse
Balm: Barts Balm Rosemary and Sandalwood Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Wk 26  (1).JPG
A nice cold water shave today, however, the new to me Edwin Jagger Best badger is a bit on the floppy side for me, i need a bit more backbone. It worked well whipping up the lather, then it needs painting on the face.
I ran the Wilkinson Blade for one more shave and it worked well in the Blackbird, 5 and out, do i need to buy some of these to add to the couple of thousand i already have????.
A nice post shave routine, leaving me Clean fresh smelling and BBS.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Last edited:
Sat 20th SOTD
Soap Colonel Conk Amber
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice 2 Band Badger
Razor Gillette Single Ring
Blade Tatra Platinum 1st
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Clubman Whisky Wood
Trusty Colonel Conk soap. Load directly from tub and face lather. Nice soft brush. Nice creamily thick and slick lather result. Shave with vintage razor paired with blade was good. Comfortable, smooth and sharpish. 3 multiple passes resulting in a nice close shave. BBS to DFS but some irritation. Icy water followed by Thayers soothed nicely. Rating 9/10.
I really like this Czech blade...almost gonna pull the trigger....almost...
20200620_112523.jpg
20200620_112748.jpg

For the next few (four?) days, I'll be enjoying ...

ACtC-3exrSDouSLvn4YjoNvO4XgpCexOMb3ZYULM_6c29tH1BRpKk9n-JZBs5VD_26ilmPua4gjTiHpsvRKyrat92hNBIUkV6Mpsp9U3E7JvhKVu_yjo5dwIqiehh61px3DiOi-8_okL3ejL7jeEDc8ZFi43aw=w1200

Pre-shave wash with Ach Brito Glyce
Lather up with MWF & RazoRock 400 Black Fibre
Shave with ROCNEL SE-P & PermaSharp Super
Splash of Witch Hazel after does me just fine ...​

Pre - Shower / Face wash
Cream - GFT Eucris
Brush - RazoRock Bruce
Razor - Merkur 34
Blade - Personna Red (4)
Post - Alum followed by GFT Skin food. Some moisturiser with SPF about 30 mins later.

A nice three pass shave with a few pick-ups. I don't usually bother doing pick-ups unless I've a long day ahead, which I haven't. No feedback from Mr Alum. Still managed to find a few rough patches 30-60 mins later. Anyone else find that?

IMG_7764.jpg

Saturday's Shave

Preshave: Argan Oil Soap
Razor: Dovo 6/8 Straight
Brush: Shavemac 26mm Synthetic
Soap: Signature Soap Britannia
Balm: Bart's Lime
Splash: Speick Active
EDT: Profumo di Firenze

The Britannia from Signature Soaps has grown on me ever single time I have used, don't tell Brian but I renamed it Gallia as thats where it reminds me of.

A fantastically close and comfortable shave with the Dovo 6/8 and the Profumo di Firenze is amazing fragrance.

20200619_224310 2.jpg

Saturday's Shave

Preshave: Argan Oil Soap
Razor: Dovo 6/8 Straight
Brush: Shavemac 26mm Synthetic
Soap: Signature Soap Britannia
Balm: Bart's Lime
Splash: Speick Active
EDT: Profumo di Firenze

The Britannia from Signature Soaps has grown on me ever single time I have used, don't tell Brian but I renamed it Gallia as thats where it reminds me of.

A fantastically close and comfortable shave with the Dovo 6/8 and the Profumo di Firenze is amazing fragrance.

View attachment 55983
Is that better than Pernod!

Back
Top Bottom