SOTD : Saturday 20th June - Friday 26th June 2020

SOTD : 20th June 2020.

33.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Original Source ~ Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Wilko ~ Men's Face Wash + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.

Brush: Chinese Unbranded Horsehair.

Face Lather.

Soap : Proraso ~ Sandalwood.

Blade: Indian Gillette Wilkinson Sword ~ Saloon Pack. (1)

Razor: Merkur~ 37c.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint eucalyptus, Tea Tree , lemon essential Oils + menthol crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./ Proraso ~ Sandalwood ASL.

L'0REAL ~ Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...Carrying on using my slant razors.

The 37c was the first slant razor that i bought a few months after i introduced myself to traditional wet shaving i was slightly hesitant on my maiden shave with this german Fräulein but was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't aggressive but smooth was compared to my much loved merkur 34c & muhle r89.

After a while getting familiar with the 37c i went on a impulsive buying bought and purchased it's bigger powerhouse sibling the 39c which i find slightly more aggressive purely because of the weight difference from the longer handle.

Both razors are a joy to shave with and will always be firm favourites of mine.

The indian GWS is a great match for the 37c making a smooth efficient duo.

A enjoyable 3 pass +pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of L'0REAL ~ Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Date:- 20 June 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Bruce Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Fourth & Pine
Razor/Blade:- Muhle R41 attach to iKon Bulldog / Polsilver Super Iridium #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

image.jpeg
SOTD 20th June 2020

Razor - ATT Windsor CM1
Blade - Souplex
Soap - Fitjar - Fjelheim ( Hard Soap )
Brush - Alpha Outlaw V2 Cu, Silvertip
Post - Thayers astringent
Frag - Bronnley - English fern Cologne

I only used this Fitjar soap a couple of days ago when it was new to me so I thought I would use it again today so I can get a better feel for it.
As with the first use, with little effort it exploded into a thick luxurious lather that was as slick as a Texas puddle, and if that wasn't enough it has a wonderful pine and juniper scent, I'm really liking this soap. :)
The ATT Windsor CM1, the mildest of the range of razors performed well fitted with a Souplex blade which IMO is as sharp as a Feather blade only not at all rough on its first use as can be the case with the Feather blade.
A close and comfortable shave was had leaving me with baby smooth skin.
To finish off this lovely shave I splashed on the fern cologne which complemented the scent of the shave soap quite well. :)

Wishing you all a fab weekend whatever you are doing, just stay safe while you are doing it! :)

Untill the next time,

Paul.

Last edited:
View attachment 55955
SOTD 20th June 2020

Razor - ATT Windsor CM1
Blade - Souplex
Soap - Fitjar - Fjelheim ( Hard Soap )
Brush - Alpha Outlaw V2 Cu, Silvertip
Post - Thayers astringent
Frag - Bronnley - English fern Cologne

I only used this Fitjar soap a couple of days ago when it was new to me so I thought I would use it again today so I can get a better feel for it.
As with the first use, with little effort it exploded into a thick luxurious lather that was as slick as a Texas puddle, and if that wasn't enough it has a wonderful pine and juniper scent, I'm really liking this soap. :)
The ATT Windsor CM1, the mildest of the range of razors performed well fitted with a Souplex blade which IMO is as sharp as a Feather blade only not as rough on its first use.
A close and comfortable shave was had leaving me with baby smooth skin.
To finish off this lovely shave I splashed on the fern cologne which complemented the scent of the shave soap quite well. :)

Wishing you all a fab weekend whatever you are doing, just stay safe while you are doing it! :)

Untill the next time,

Paul.
The brush and razor look stunning in copper Paul

Today's shave:

rdt200620nckus.jpg

- D.R. Harris Arlington cream
- Simpson Commodore X3
- Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 with ASP blade
- D.R. Harris Arlington aftershave

:D

Back
Top Bottom