SOTD : Saturday 20th June - Friday 26th June 2020

Sunday AM 2020-06-21
Father's Day
76Hp9t2.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Ebony Finest (24/54)
Acqua di Parma Colonia shaving soap (original)
Wolfman WR1-SB Ti/WRH7 Ti
Gillette Super Stainless 'Spoiler' (4)
Acqua di Parma Colonia aftershave
ZdiURke.jpg

I know what you mean mate - in a similar vein - I'm very fond of raki - see also ouzo - but don't allow myself to drink it anymore - it sets all the bad pixies loose - you wake up in your front garden - naked - with your house keys up your arse - with no clear idea of how you got there. The risk of actual bodily harm or arrest is just too great to take a chance anymore. What in Scotland would be called 'the bad man's ginger' or 'wreck the hoose juice' - no tequila for me anymore - for the same reasons. - I.

SOTD 21 June 2020

Pre-shave: Shower, followed by cold water splash.
Soap: Oatcake Shaving Soap - Gingerbread.
Brush: Muhle Silvertip Fiber.
Razor: King C Gilette.
Blade: King C Gilette (Day 2).
Post: Cold water splash, followed by D H Harris Bay Rum Splash, followed by Bart's Balm Grapefruit and Pink Pepper.
EDP: Captain Morgan's Booze and Backy.

An early evening shave today, I have been using the King C Gilette on and off, a very smooth shave DFS+/BBS- with no issues to report. After the first pass, I was quite surprised with the efficiency and smoothness of the shave; was tempted to call it a day there, but went for a second XTG pass.

Today was the first time I thought that the King C razor had a wow factor; with other shaves, yes it was good, but I also had a feeling of take it or leave it about the razor.

The Oatcake Gingerbread performs very well - great slickness, glide and scent - for me it smells festive and I love how it complements the Booze and Backy.

Take care

Chris

21/06/20

Razor: ATT S1
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock SP Black (4)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Barberpole 2 Band
Soap: PAA Gondolier
Pre: Proraso Blue
ASL: Signature Soaps Hibernia (Tester)
ASB: Proraso Blue

IMG_20200620_184356.jpg

The eagle eyed among you will notice that today's PAA soap is not one of my Father's Day gifts. It felt like choosing a favourite child if I selected one of those so I went for another new one. Gondolier - can't fault the performance of this soap but I'm not too keen on the smell. It reminds me of a combination of green tea, an unidentified 90s Lynx deodorant and a wet log.

Fortunately everything performed brilliantly. Lather was slick, the S1 was buttery smooth again and three passes were completed for a DFS+ finish. The Signature Soaps Hibernia splash was great. A strong lemon hit initially before the other notes came through. This would work well with most citrus soaps and barbershop scents. I believe the splash has aloe vera, glycerin and allanatonin within so instantly went to work on making my skin feel soft and calm.

Very Nice Paul , thank handle really suits your Timeless

Thank you Russ

The 100mm Barber Pole handle which was originally on the Timeless was a little long for my preference.
I traded it for the 85mm dimpled handle, which is, to my eye, more aesthetically pleasing as well as being an ideal length for the razor.

The razor seems a little more manoeuvrable with the shorter handle, without much loss in weight. (These Timeless handles are quite substantial pieces of steel)

21/06/20
Cold Water Shave
Brush: Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger
Soap: Stirling Soap co. Sandalwood
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather PB (6)
Post shave: Cold water splash, Shower EO infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Rosemary and Sandalwood Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Old Spice Pure Sport
View attachment 56034
A great shave today with the Vector. I fancied a change this week from the CR Salter, whats the first Stirling soap i pick up?, More bloomin' Sandalwood, still it was very nice though, whipped up with the Duke 2 Best, i am enjoying these natural brushes more lately. i basically start the lather off in a little Turkish copper bowl then complete a face lather. It works very well for me.
The Cold water shaving is really doing it for me and my chin is really feeling the benefit, the first go i had last year i did not like it, i now think that was down to my Nemesis Blade the "Polsilver SI".
Anyway, BBS, smooth, supple skin and smelling very sporty, saying that, the only sport i have done lately is grow sideburns that 1970's "Gooner" Charlie George would be proud of.
View attachment 56035
I am also sporting a hair cut that could rival Lon Chaney Jr's Wolf-man
View attachment 56036
Stay safe and enjoy your Day
Hope you've been practicing Charlie George style Flying Headers!

Date:- 22 June 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo Synth. 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Fourth & Pine
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matte SS 'SB-D' / Polsilver SI #8
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)
Fragrance:- Burberry London for Men

Monday‌ ‌06.22.20 ‌SOTD‌

DSCF0035 - Edited.jpg

Gillette Valet Auto/Strop Gold VC4
Feather Fhs-10 Hi-Stainless
Yaqi Moka Express 26mm 2-Band Badger
Barrister‌ ‌and‌ ‌Mann‌ ‌Cheshire‌ ‌Shaving‌ ‌Soap‌

Old Spice Cologne Original

DSCF0036 - Edited.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom