SOTD: Saturday 15 July - Friday 21 July 2023.

Wednesday 19 July
Staying with Schick this week, today the Type A Repeater. Brush Gillette standard with synthetic re knot.
The Type A has what is commonly called a safety bar, which it is however, the SUPPLY blade end tips are not covered (look closely at the foto) and makes getting close under the nose a tricky manoeuvre, which I had forgotten until the razor bit me! Nothing that the alum block could not sort but anyone thinking of trying these older Schicks for the first time need to bear that in mind. I noticed afterwards that a Schick Proline blade has curved ends so this should eliminate this particular problem. Note to brain for the future!
Nevertheless, overall the shave went very well 2 passes and pick ups for a dfs result. Not bad for a 100 year old razor.
Have a great evening fellas!

IMG_0186.jpeg

Last edited:
61745260-FB6D-4AEA-AB84-90327A77B98D.JPG

I wanted to test this Jianyu blade so it went into my Slim. That razor exposes blades if they aren't up to the task, and the Jianyu passed. I know Vespers is considered a holiday scent, but I like it. I kept up my cold water shave routine since it is still very warm here. I'll find a different razor for the Jianyu for tomorrow.

SOTD 19-Jul
20230717_124832.jpg
Brush: Not as shown - Salomon Walking Sock
Soap: Proraso Wood & Spice
Razor: Shield Predator
Blade: GEM PTFE

The shave was an 'interesting' one today, the theme being to use a cream of some form, no drama with that of course. So prepped ahead of time, took a snap only to then see the daily challenge...lather with a sock...this is getting daft.

Well I still gave it a go, in for a penny and all that. There is evidence but I'm not going to inflict that on you guys. Sadly turns out a walking sock gives a subpar lather, leaves fluff on your face and to top it off the dye runs to tinge the lather and run in the sink. I'm not going to call that one a complete success.

Hope everyone has a more normal day than myself.

Cheers

Marc

Wednesday 19th July

AIL4fc9f_g0FdZKewhwOzoXSftLsR1oXAINMl1rUzu8i96wXyknXICGJoT6EvfFN6uvOQKgLpDL2sgC577AqaCzQSYAZy8f57JfqKOT8k81WT1jLM-Y509qCBkJcCn_--lgjQ1Lf13tT-9uU1I9dQD209Al12g=w800

Wilkinson Sword (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & Wilkinson Sword Synthetic Shaving Brush
Lord L5 & ASCO Platinum (3)
Drakkar Noir Aftershave

... and again.

Wednesday 19th July

Soap • Stirling Shadow Orchid
Brush • Yaqi Rocks 30mm Synthetic
Razor • Timeless 0.68 SS Scalloped
Blade • Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Post • Pre De Provence No63 Balm
Scent • Ard Al Zaafaran Oud 24Hrs EdP

@Satanfriendly - Chris, they're not Japanese - but Susanna Hoffs just being herself more than makes up for it . . .
Keep on keeping on, brother
P

Back
Top Bottom