SOTD: Saturday 15 July - Friday 21 July 2023.

IMG_2168.jpeg
SOTD: 19/07/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai Captain Mild Blue, 5th use
Brush: Yaqi Napoli
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Nanny’s Silly Soap Moroccan Sands Croap
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: William Hunt Oud De Parfum Eau de Toilette

I was beginning to consider parting with the Vector, but then Nanny’s Soap came along and has changed my mind. It’s so dense and protective that it really does take the edge slightly off the Vector! Zero irritation, skin’s top layer intake takes the Vector shave to another level! Very impressive!
All the best guys.

Haven't used this razor in years and didn't use it much before then as it was limited to a handful of holiday shaves.
An effective result but a lot of blade feel... more than I would like.

The Nivea balm has a stupid cap that sits on top of the bottle but doesn't screw onto it. Very easy to absent-mindedly pick up by the cap and knock the bottle over. Hopefully the newer bottles don't do this.

Rating: 3.5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Tech (English, aluminium handle)
Blade: Gillette Super Nacet (Malaysian)
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Nanny's Silly Soap Veritas Vincet - Lime
Additional Care:
Nivea Post-shave Balm https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/64b837a47561cd6e4045f9c9

Wed 19
Soap Rasozero Agrumella
Brush Yaqi 22mm Joy Butterscotch Boar
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Rhino Stainless
Aftershave Reuzel Wood & Spice
Nice enough soap with good lather qualities and a very light scent.
Today's shave with this razor paired with the awesome blade was very good. The blade feels really smooth and crisp...similar to the Nacet...wow!! 3 efficient passes for a bbs-dfs finish...super!
20230719_224425.jpg

SOTD: 20th July 2023.

8.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Wilko Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Nivea Men Sensitive Pro Ultra-Calming Liquid Shaving Cream.
Blade: Personna Comfort Coated. (D4)
Razor: Parker 24C.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Brut Oceans ASL. / Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

A Great shave to finish my shaving week off wonderfully.

Maiden shave with the Wilko Synthetic which is one of many recently gifted 60th birthday presents from family & friends it done a great job to be honest I'm surprised as I did not expect it to lather so well as it does it'll make a great travel brush. A great addition to my humble synthetic shaving brush collection.

The Star of my shaving week have been the Personna Comfort Coated blade which have performed superbly feeling smooth and efficient with each shave. I will continue to use both the Parker 24C & Personna Comfort Coated duo for the remainder of the month.

The Nivea Men Sensitive Pro shaving cream provided an excellent lather with little effort. A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report.
Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
Thu 20
Soap Catie's Bubbles Ocean Grove
Brush Yaqi 24mm, Purple Mink
Razor Gillette Slim N4
Blade Jianyu Stainless 1st...Wow! (y)(y)(y)
Aftershave
TGS Sea Citrus
Good lather qualities from the soap... the splash nicely matches the scent.
The razor is reliable for a good shave; the rest depends on the blade. Today...tried this blade and wow...I am blown away again...how can this blade be so good! At my usual set 9, I enjoyed 3 silky smooth, comfortable, and very efficient passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230720_151314.jpg

Razor = 1961 Gillette Fatboy ( 5 )
Blade = Gillette Spoiler ( 2 )
Brush = C&H Turquoise Lilly V15
Cream = T&H West Indian Limes
with matching Cologne & Balm

IMG_1715.pngAnother fantastic cream added to the den.
iv been after this one for a while & finally the wife bowed to my constant moaning lol.
I got a tube of this from @Pontormo a number of months ago & from then i knew i had to have it.
The scent is clean & fresh & almost sherbet ish,
For me the scent could be a bit stronger but beggars can’t be choosers.
What the cream lacked in scent strength the Cologne & balm were top drawer & everything i hoped they would be.
The Fat Boy paired with the American Spoiler was first class.
Can’t wait on my ne t shave
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe

SOTD 20-July
20230718_105532.jpg
Brush: Semogue Galahad
Soap: SSC Ramblin' Man
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Professional

Decent shave today, theme being dupes, decided to bring in Ramblin Man, Creed Himalaya homage. A nice everyday type scent, nothing in particular stand out but I enjoy it.

Challenge for the day was to make an opposite lather, so if it's normally wet and slick then make it dry and paste like (or some other version of opposite), so essentially make a crap lather, weird but ok. So dryish brush, load and minimal water, chunks of soap on my face and consider whether to crack on...nope not doing it, a little more water and the chunks dissipate but it's still paste like then go to town. Not especially slick, but it wasn't terrible...some of these challenges are very strange!

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

SOTD 20230720.
YzVd18J.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (green).
Semogue SOC.
Proraso shaving soap (green).
Vintage Gillette NEW (SC, made in USA) / Stork "Advoco" handle.
Treet Dura Sharp (1).
Proraso ASL (green).

20 July

Barrister’s Reserve Fern
Simpson Trafalgar T3
Henson AL13 M
Feather Hi-Stainless
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

3B849355-680A-47AF-9D24-9541C14285D3.jpeg

I went to town in post today, HSL produced the goods. This morning I had a lovely lather from the Reserve Fern and Trafalgar. Two swift, comfortable passes with the Henson and I’m smooth for the day.

Thursday 20 July

Schick Type B here but now with a Schick Proline B-20 blade. No nasty ends to attack under the nose with this bad boy and it’s an excellent sharp blade. I’ve left the blade half hanging out in the foto to show this, I didn’t shave with it set like that :eek:
Soap as always a great scent and quick to a fine lather. Dinky ancient Evans brush with synthetic knot is small enough to paint a window frame :ROFLMAO: but I love it in all its smallness!
One pass was about enough for an sas finish but I did an atg pass plus the usual final scrape around chin and neck just because I had the time and enjoying the moment.
Enjoy the day fellas!

IMG_8028.jpeg

IMG_2472.jpeg

Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Kent T8 Best
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Palmolive Stick
Aftershave: Bart’s Ben Vrackie (Unscented)
Additional Care: Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, Peppermint, Lavender and Tea Tree Essential Oils
Fragrance: Bronnley Original EDT

20/07/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap - Derby shave stick
Razor - Feather WS-D2
Blade - Kai DE Stainless
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Copycat Just Neroli
Wk 29 (6).jpg
A very comfortable 3 pass shave resulting in an easy, comfortable, BBS finish.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom